FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

[RUU][Firmware]Sprint HTC One M8 | 4.25.65x.14 | 4.20 Stock Rooted ROMs | Updated 4.9

3,499 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,873

By OMJ, Recognized Contributor on 24th April 2014, 02:45 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
20th June 2015, 05:24 PM |#2261  
Flag wellsville, kansas
Thanks Meter: 529

More
Thanks @EarlyMon, I wasn't sure about what info under settings menu reflected firmwares accurately. Lots of great info. 😊
The Following User Says Thank You to ckvisme For This Useful Post: [ View ]

20th June 2015, 07:20 PM |#2262  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 13,241

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckvisme

Thanks @EarlyMon, I wasn't sure about what info under settings menu reflected firmwares accurately. Lots of great info.

Basically all you need to remember is that the "OS" line in bootloader reflects the "mainver" value from the android-info.txt file of the last thing that was flashed via HBOOT or fastboot. Sometimes you'll notice that number doesn't match what's in Settings because you may have flashed firmware separately from the ROM.

The "Software Version" line item in Settings ALWAYS pulls from the ROM's build.prop under /system. So it doesn't care what firmware you've flashed; it'll always match your ROM.

Either value can be manually changed in order to confuse your firmware situation. However for most people, the baseband/radio they're on will match the firmware package it came from. Radio firmware *should* be flashed with all of the other corresponding firmware from the same software version. That makes using the baseband a more reliable method to identify your current firmware, which is why I always listed the radio version that accompanied a specific software version in my firmware thread .

I have seen a thread for the M8 with recovery-flashable radios, which write directly to the radio partition using dd. That may cause a disparity between firmware/baseband versions and is not typically recommended for two reasons:
  • Radio firmware typically works the best when paired with the other firmware from the same software with which it was distributed. The gains from using mismatched firmware combinations are rarely outweighed by the losses.
  • It's highly unsafe to flash radio firmware via dd while in recovery. That's one of the more volatile partitions, and if something happens mid-flash, you'll most likely be left with an expensive paperweight. The bootloader has safety features built into it that make radio flashing less risky. It is MUCH safer and reliable to flash any/all firmware that way.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2015, 08:18 PM |#2263  
Thanks Meter: 589

More
Check out the big brain on Cap'n!

(No seriously many thanks for clearing that all up.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

• Radio firmware typically works the best when paired with the other firmware from the same software with which it was distributed. The gains from using mismatched firmware combinations are rarely outweighed by the losses.

QFT.

I'm on my way back to Lollipop, I like to get the firmware first and then the rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to EarlyMon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2015, 03:52 AM |#2264  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Need Help....
I need to upgrage from version 2.16.651.4 (4.4.3) to 4.25.651.14 (lolipop), but my phone is already unlocked for gsm, s-off, rooted, super CID, unlocked boot.
I receive OTA popup for upgrade but i dont whether is its safe for upgrade...
Can anyone tell me how to upgrade to lolipop
1st July 2015, 08:48 AM |#2265  
Flag Bloomsdale
Thanks Meter: 519

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by horace_p

Need Help....
I need to upgrage from version 2.16.651.4 (4.4.3) to 4.25.651.14 (lolipop), but my phone is already unlocked for gsm, s-off, rooted, super CID, unlocked boot.
I receive OTA popup for upgrade but i dont whether is its safe for upgrade...
Can anyone tell me how to upgrade to lolipop

Flash Firmware for what you want, flash the GSM variant of what you are getting, If you lose your SIM unlock find out if the firmware you are about to flash has SIM unlocking capabilities
The Following User Says Thank You to EVOuser94 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2015, 10:58 AM |#2266  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
First I need to flash Firmware or RUU?
Does OTA upgrade brings any issue after s-off, rooted, super CID, unlocked boot...
1st July 2015, 06:42 PM |#2267  
Flag Bloomsdale
Thanks Meter: 519

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by horace_p

First I need to flash Firmware or RUU?
Does OTA upgrade brings any issue after s-off, rooted, super CID, unlocked boot...

It doesn't matter, you are S-off. RUU will make you have to reflash Recovery, and gives you a Stock unrooted ROM. So you would be downloading something the size of a finished rooted ROM, I personally only suggest RUU if firmware flashes and Clean ROM flashes don't fix your errors, problems. Firmware is the upgrade, you would be taking with an OTA, as long as you have a supported ROM for your firmware you should be In the clear
The Following User Says Thank You to EVOuser94 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2015, 03:51 AM |#2268  
Flag Bronx, New York
Thanks Meter: 12

More
New to Sprint M8 H/K
Hi all,

So I'm coming from an HTC evo LTE, phone was solid for the past 3 years. I decided to upgrade and I got a HTC m8 H/K edition.
Phone came with v2.16.654.4. I already rooted it and unlocked bootloader. Info:
***UNLOCKED***
M8_WHL PVT SHIP S-off
CID-SPCS_0004
HBOOT-3.18.0.0000
Radio-1.08.20.0612_4
0S-2.16.654.4
So what do I do to accomplish the following:
1. Update to the latest everything for sprint, without loosing s-off, unlocked bootloader and ROM that comes rooted. (is there any issues or features with newer hboot?)
I'll appreciate if someone can point me to the right set of steps or ZIPs to flash from the 1st post of this thread.
Regards.

UPDATE:
I went to OMJ's bad boyz rom Thread.
Flashed latest firmware fastboot zip (no boot & recovery option) Twice. The 4.25.654.14 firmware one.
Flashed latest Bad boyz sprint htc one m8 sense 7-v1.0.
Everything looks good besides no WiFi feature. I'm using a H/K edition phone. ***started having ramdom reboots then bootloop after 5-6 hours.*****

Update2
Wiped and flashed bad boyz sense 6 v3.4, still same Wi-Fi issue not starting up. will try a different rom and report back.

Should I run the RUU? if so what would i be loosing besides root.

Update3:
wiped and flashed stock rooted 4.20.654.15 and still no wifi, something got messed up going from 2.xx roms to 4.2x.xxx
ran Ruu and wifi works now.

Update4
RUU fixed it. you'll lose recovery and root but not unlocked-s-off bootloader.
Flashed latest twrp for htc m8 through adb - fastboot commands. (used minimal adb install)
Twrp asked if I wanted to install SU which I did.
Now that I have recovery I'll try flashing "bad boyz sense7" rom from OMJ and company.
Will report back.
Last edited by torankusu; 3rd July 2015 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Update4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread