FORUMS

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

Sprint Reacts To Jab From T-Mobile

America’s cellular network space has always been a battle of the big four: Verizon, AT&T, … more

Floating Apps with Rovers – XDA App Review

There are a lot of great launchers to help customize your phone. Some Launchers allow … more

RDF Discussion Thread for Sprint Galaxy S5 (SM-G900P)

816 posts
Thanks Meter: 411

By mmark27, Senior Member on 28th May 2014, 06:18 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Today, 04:45 PM |#421  
OP Senior Member

More
Well, this is not encouraging as far as 5.1 goes for ours......http://www.sammobile.com/2015/07/02/...t-android-5-1/

Today, 06:15 PM |#422  
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 54

More
More confusing info
Per the Samsung support site, the latest version for the sprint s5 (SM-G900P) is Android 5.0, firmware OF2 - with a release date of 6/18/2015. You can see the release date if you expand the "Update History" section. I know the samsung site has been wrong in the past, but this is still kind of interesting, and confusing...

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/an...SM-G900PZKASPR
The Following User Says Thank You to Cooljb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 06:17 PM |#423  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooljb

Per the Samsung support site, the latest version for the sprint s5 (SM-G900P) is Android 5.0, firmware OF2 - with a release date of 6/18/2015. You can see the release date if you expand the "Update History" section. I know the samsung site has been wrong in the past, but this is still kind of interesting, and confusing...

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/an...SM-G900PZKASPR

That happened with the last update or maybe it was two ago, where the Samsung site said the firmware was going to be released and weeks went by with nothing released, then a different firmware version was actually released. Not sure why the logging of these things is THAT complicated. I know there are a lot of moving parts and entities, but seriously, task one guy in keeping track of this stuff.
Today, 06:48 PM |#424  
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmark27

That happened with the last update or maybe it was two ago, where the Samsung site said the firmware was going to be released and weeks went by with nothing released, then a different firmware version was actually released. Not sure why the logging of these things is THAT complicated. I know there are a lot of moving parts and entities, but seriously, task one guy in keeping track of this stuff.

Yeah I remember the samsung site was wrong before on both the S5 and I think once for the S4 too. I have both - mine is the S5, my wife and mom have the S4, so I try to keep up with both. Still it at least seems to indicate that an update is coming.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
rdf, sgs5, sprint
Previous Thread Next Thread