FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

[Root][Moto E][Guide HowTo]How to root Moto E [Condor][Noob Friendly]

359 posts
Thanks Meter: 505

By deej_roamer, Senior Member on 18th May 2014, 12:17 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
29th May 2015, 05:58 PM |#271  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcclay

Hey,
With this method work on the XT1528?
You guys rock!
Clay

I'm also trying to figure this out but there is little to none info about this out there
Have you found any solutions to rooting XT1528????

9th June 2015, 01:55 PM |#272  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
XT1524 : is it possible to root it ?
Hello everybody,

I have a Moto E XT1524 with Lollipop 5.0.2. I could unlock it with the unlock code, but I can't root it. I tried several images of cmw and twrp (for example twrp-2.7.1.0-condor.img), but each time I boot to bootloader, and I type the command "fastboot boot ....img", I am blocked on the Motorola logo. I am afraid to flash the recovery with that image, I don't want to brick my phone.

I would like to root my phone to move some data on the sd card. For example, I installed NOVA 3, and I would like to put the data on the sd card with link2sd (1.57 gb of data, that's big !). Does someone could help me ?

Thanks in advance
9th June 2015, 03:42 PM |#273  
Flag amritsar
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvrdvr

Hello everybody,

I have a Moto E XT1524 with Lollipop 5.0.2. I could unlock it with the unlock code, but I can't root it. I tried several images of cmw and twrp (for example twrp-2.7.1.0-condor.img), but each time I boot to bootloader, and I type the command "fastboot boot ....img", I am blocked on the Motorola logo. I am afraid to flash the recovery with that image, I don't want to brick my phone.

I would like to root my phone to move some data on the sd card. For example, I installed NOVA 3, and I would like to put the data on the sd card with link2sd (1.57 gb of data, that's big !). Does someone could help me ?

Thanks in advance

This thread only for moto e 1 gen. I think you flashed wrong recovery because the "condor" code only for moto e 1 gen not for 2nd Gen.

Moto e 2nd Gen recovery link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...overy-t3049726

Other useful link for your device.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...ig-development
The Following User Says Thank You to jaspreet.virdi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2015, 05:44 AM |#274  
Flag MPLS
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Can't flash recovery
[Fixed/Solved] Looking on TWRP website. It seems that default firmware will over write the recovery on boot. I had to keep the volume up key pressed for 20 secs when I selected to boot to recovery from boot menu. All good in the hood[/Fixed] I've followed this to a T. I can't get recovery to boot. It flashes but then when I try to reboot to recovery my phone reboots to OS. I am using vol up to select reboot to recovery while in bootloader menu. When I reboot to recovery with power and vol buttons I get into the stock recovery, no command screen. I've tried both TWRP and CWM. I can't believe I've wasted a whole night trying to do this for such a cheap phone. So... how do I get this to work??? XT1022 dual sim on 4.4.4
Last edited by Sigma47; 20th June 2015 at 06:16 AM.
26th June 2015, 05:24 PM |#275  

More
Not booting
i have just update my moto e to 5.1 and i dont want to flash the twrp recovery. When i run the command "fastboot boot recovery.img" (i renamed the twrp rec to recovery.img), it says downloading okay, booting okay, but my phone gets stuck at boot logo. It does boot normally if i try to get out of it. Please help.
28th June 2015, 03:30 PM |#276  
Flag jaipur
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I flashed supersu.zip viavia recovery and after rebooting it says no su binary installed
Now wht to do
2nd July 2015, 09:32 PM |#277  

More
Question
So my device is "not eligible" for the second unlock method for the bootloader. I'm trying to work with Motorola to fix this issue, apparently certain carriers have blocked the ability to unlock your bootloader. AT&T is one of them. (Sidenote: Do we have anybody working on this? Is there a way I can help?)

The second method won't open on my system.

I keep getting this error: "The compressed (zipped) folder *pathname* is invalid", where *pathname* is the full path to the download location. I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I tried scanning the file to see if my antivirus thought it was malicious and preventing the extraction, but came up with nothing.
Help?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
how to root, moto e, root
Previous Thread Next Thread