FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

How to update 16 gig AT&T SGH-I747 to UCUFNE4_4.4.2

2,956 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,267

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
1st July 2015, 04:19 AM |#461  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enewman17

The development for the AT&T I747 has been discontinued by the developer. Thank you for your support.
WARNING: YOU WILL PROBABLY BRICK YOUR PHONE! The possibility is very real. Samsung made it difficult to update the firmware with the introduction of Knox.

This is a full firmware update!

I'm not the best at giving directions. I do expect a certain level of knowledge and skill on your end.
I did try my best to safeguard you from bricking your phone. The install scripts will fail with an erron 7 if something is wrong.
More then likely if it fails... you are on very old firmware version. I suggest you double check your booloader version and if it is older then the latest Odin update available on http://www.sammobile.com/devices/specs/SGH-I747/ Update to DLK first.

Or try updating the firmware incrementally. If your firmware is MJ2 or below, it is safe to flash any previous firmware without fear.
All available recovery flashable firmware that I have https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=10522

Firmware list:

• 747UCALEM
  • I747UCALG1
  • I747UCDLK3
  • I747UCDMG2
  • I747UCUEMJ2
  • ============
  • Knox firmware
  • I747UCUEMJB
  • I747UCUFNE4
  • 1747UCUFNJ1

Need a 16 gig AT&T I747 with a custom recovery.
usb debugging turned on.
adb and a rooted device.
proper drivers for phone installed on your pc
Knowledge of flashing and using odin.

Checking the bootloader.
If your not sure what bootloader your on.
Code:
adb shell
getprop ro.bootloader
exit
exit <--- the second exit is to completely terminate the shell connection.
Or in a terminal emulator on your phone.
Code:
su
getprop ro.bootloader
1. In a custom recovery flash MJB bootloaders https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319197285
Reboot phone fully then reboot back into your custom recovery.

2. In a custom recovery flash the MJB to NE4 firmware update. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358559161

3. Wipe and install UCUFNE4 in custom recovery.
Stock + Root: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347765735
DeOdex + Root: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934549032

4. (Optional) Flash the stock recovery in your custom recovery. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23681161096070493
While working with spagman72 on debricking devices we figured out no amount of ODIN will be as effective as a full wipe in the stock S3 recovery.
A wipe in the stock S3 recovery will also fix any sdcard encryption issues as well.
Now reboot back into the stock recovery and do a factory reset.

5. Use odin and flash your preferred custom recovery again.

I just want to make sure I do this right as it has been a while since i flashed something on my phone, currently I'm running cyanogenmod 11 milestone 11, my bootloader and modem is I747UCUEMJB version, I'm rooted and have clockworkmod 6.0.4.7 installed, so based on that information i just need to follow steps 2 thru 4? Really what I'm trying to do is unlock the phone but as far as I know that's only possible under a stock rom, If I got this right or if there's a easier way to unlock please let me know, thanks

1st July 2015, 07:20 AM |#462  
Thanks Meter: 233

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingtrees

I just want to make sure I do this right as it has been a while since i flashed something on my phone, currently I'm running cyanogenmod 11 milestone 11, my bootloader and modem is I747UCUEMJB version, I'm rooted and have clockworkmod 6.0.4.7 installed, so based on that information i just need to follow steps 2 thru 4? Really what I'm trying to do is unlock the phone but as far as I know that's only possible under a stock rom, If I got this right or if there's a easier way to unlock please let me know, thanks

The free sim/carrier unlock only works when on the 4.1.1 modem. Unfortunately you can not downgrade your bootloader once you have updated to 4.3 or beyond. If you are wanting to use a purchased unlock code or one from your carrier, then going back to the stock ROM based on your current bootloader or this one should be sufficient. You probably do not need to do step 4, returning to stock recovery. But, since you only get 5 tries with AT&Ts unlock code, I would go back to stock recovery if the first attempt while still on a custom recovery was unsuccessful.
The Following User Says Thank You to dawgdoc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2015, 06:47 PM |#463  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgdoc

The free sim/carrier unlock only works when on the 4.1.1 modem. Unfortunately you can not downgrade your bootloader once you have updated to 4.3 or beyond. If you are wanting to use a purchased unlock code or one from your carrier, then going back to the stock ROM based on your current bootloader or this one should be sufficient. You probably do not need to do step 4, returning to stock recovery. But, since you only get 5 tries with AT&Ts unlock code, I would go back to stock recovery if the first attempt while still on a custom recovery was unsuccessful.

thanks for your help it installed correctly and thanks to the op for providing files and instructions, now I need to find a tmobile sim
2nd July 2015, 04:12 AM |#464  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enewman17

The development for the AT&T I747 has been discontinued by the developer. Thank you for your support.
WARNING: YOU WILL PROBABLY BRICK YOUR PHONE! The possibility is very real. Samsung made it difficult to update the firmware with the introduction of Knox.

This is a full firmware update!

I'm not the best at giving directions. I do expect a certain level of knowledge and skill on your end.
I did try my best to safeguard you from bricking your phone. The install scripts will fail with an erron 7 if something is wrong.
More then likely if it fails... you are on very old firmware version. I suggest you double check your booloader version and if it is older then the latest Odin update available on Update to DLK first.

Or try updating the firmware incrementally. If your firmware is MJ2 or below, it is safe to flash any previous firmware without fear.
All available recovery flashable firmware that I have

Firmware list:

• 747UCALEM
  • I747UCALG1
  • I747UCDLK3
  • I747UCDMG2
  • I747UCUEMJ2
  • ============
  • Knox firmware
  • I747UCUEMJB
  • I747UCUFNE4
  • 1747UCUFNJ1

Need a 16 gig AT&T I747 with a custom recovery.
usb debugging turned on.
adb and a rooted device.
proper drivers for phone installed on your pc
Knowledge of flashing and using odin.

Checking the bootloader.
If your not sure what bootloader your on.
Code:
adb shell
getprop ro.bootloader
exit
exit <--- the second exit is to completely terminate the shell connection.
Or in a terminal emulator on your phone.
Code:
su
getprop ro.bootloader
1. In a custom recovery flash MJB bootloaders
Reboot phone fully then reboot back into your custom recovery.

2. In a custom recovery flash the MJB to NE4 firmware update.

3. Wipe and install UCUFNE4 in custom recovery.
Stock + Root:
DeOdex + Root:

4. (Optional) Flash the stock recovery in your custom recovery.
While working with spagman72 on debricking devices we figured out no amount of ODIN will be as effective as a full wipe in the stock S3 recovery.
A wipe in the stock S3 recovery will also fix any sdcard encryption issues as well.
Now reboot back into the stock recovery and do a factory reset.

5. Use odin and flash your preferred custom recovery again.

I am currently rooted with stock rom 4.1.1, with DLK bootloader and modem. Can I confirm that this process will work with my phone? My main concern is whether I will brick it when I flash the MJB bootloader / modem since I would still be on 4.1.1 and not anything 4.3+ if I just follow these steps to the letter. My recovery is TWRP 2.8.7, can I also confirm that all of these steps can be completed by just flashing the images in TWRP? Also can someone explain why one might need to follow step 4? Thanks.

Edit: so I flashed MJB and NE4 in that order as per the instructions (without changing my rom from stock rooted 4.1.1) and it successfully booted both times. Currently attempting to put a custom rom on it now.

Edit2: After flashing NE4, I flashed a cyanogenmod 12.1 nightly and it is working perfectly, the new modem / bootloader solved a problem where it wasn't recognizing my sim card.
Last edited by aristocrates; 2nd July 2015 at 02:56 PM. Reason: updated success
3rd July 2015, 04:20 AM |#465  
Thanks Meter: 233

More
Glad to see it worked flawlessly for you. Now I know that to go from 4.1.1 to 4.3 it is not necessary for others to go through 4.1.2, it can be skipped. 4.1.2 had the MG2 bootloader and modem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread