FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

[KITCHEN] ArchiKitchen - Android Kitchen (WIP) [Linux]

8,293 posts
Thanks Meter: 34,237

By JustArchi, Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer on 4th January 2014, 12:25 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
2nd July 2015, 04:48 AM |#2521  
Recognized Contributor
Houston, Texas
Thanks Meter: 5,161

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySide

I'm taking it you don't have a github then. In that case just post all info and archi will add it or someone else will add it and submit a pull request

Do as ShinySide said. As long as you have the file in Archi and used clone to get updates it will stay in your setup. Archi updates won't overwrite it.

Yesterday, 01:50 PM |#2522  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySide

I'm taking it you don't have a github then. In that case just post all info and archi will add it or someone else will add it and submit a pull request

I created a git account - is this the same thing? If you could give me a gentle hand with some commands, I could figure it out. Sorry I've just never used git before other than downloading/cloning a repo.

Do I need to create a fork then upload that to my fork and ask someone to clone the newly created directory off that?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Yesterday, 01:58 PM |#2523  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Somewhere in Oz...
Thanks Meter: 1,710

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyrex

I created a git account - is this the same thing? If you could give me a gentle hand with some commands, I could figure it out. Sorry I've just never used git before other than downloading/cloning a repo.

Do I need to create a fork then upload that to my fork and ask someone to clone the newly created directory off that?

Fork
Git clone the fork
Make changes
Git add -A
Git commit
Git push
Then do a pull request
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shoey63 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 04:24 PM |#2524  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoey63

Fork
Git clone the fork
Make changes
Git add -A
Git commit
Git push
Then do a pull request

Boom! Exactly what I was looking for - thanks so much!

The Following User Says Thank You to gyrex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dsixda kitchen justarchi android chef
Previous Thread Next Thread