FORUMS

ZenFone 2 Lolliflash and ZenPower Giveaway!

We recently did an in-depth review of the Asus Zenfone 2 but one of the things people may … more

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

[Q] Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 Downgrade from 4.4.2 back to 4.1.2

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By terrord8158, Junior Member on 26th May 2014, 11:24 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
7th December 2014, 04:48 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quakeaz

So, what happens if you try to flash a Jelly Bean bootloader over the KitKat locked bootloader? I don't have this device, but I've searched and searched and can't find a solid answer to this. Is there something about the KK bootloader that prevents you from flashing the stock JB bootloader?

If you are lucky the flashing will fail. Otherwise it will kill your device. You may have to get the emmc changed or the motherboard changed.

1st April 2015, 08:17 PM |#42  
Flag Varna
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Could someone succeeded in downgrading from 4.4.2 to 4.1.2? i am currently on baseband N7100DDYFND1, compilation KOT49H.N7100XXUFNI1. I would really like to downgrade to 4.1.2 Android Revolution HD v14...Please someone help - should i and how?
24th April 2015, 03:47 AM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Dear terrord8158,

Thank you for your post.
I am going to follow it step by step as I have currently N7100 with netowrk issue as my knox is 1 at 4.4.2.
I want to go back to 4.1.2 so I can use my phone again with less complications and better battery life.
One more question about the process?
Will that downgrade will fix the network issue I am facing. As currently my phone can go on wi-fi but cant make calls or send sms. Coverage is not there and it shows emergency calls only.
Please clarify. Currently downloading all the software listed by you and will try to follow the process once response from you received.
15th May 2015, 04:03 AM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrord8158

Now wait a sec.. Let me rewrite a quick step-by-step, I hope I will be concise and clear enough:

1. Here's the stuff you'll need:

- You need your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 KK 4.4.2 to be rooted (this is important otherwise this step-by-step is just bullying)
- Mobile Odin Pro 4.20.apk (yes, the android app not the pc software) installed and ready on ur current OS JB 4.4.2
- Android JB 4.3 stock firmware (the one you are downloading from sammobile.com right now)
- A minimum 2 GB SD card inserted, formatted, and empty of any data

2. Getting stuff out right:

a. The downloaded Android JB 4.3 stock firmware (decompress it before copying .tar or .tar.md5 file you dont need the second file on the .zip archive), you should copy it to your "External SD Card" not to the "internal SD" (The 2GB minimum SD Card I mentionned);
b. Go to Settings and enabled USB Debugging (You can google how to enable USB Debug on Android KK 4.4.2);
c. Launch Mobile Odin Pro 4.2 that's installed on you phone;
d. Tap on "Open File", select "External SD", then select the external-sd-card-copied Android JB 4.3 stock firmware .tar or .tar.md5
e. Select the following: "Enable EverRoot", "Inject Superuser (SuperSU)", "Inject Mobile Odin", "Wipe data and cache", and finally "Wipe Dalvik Cache". The "after-flash" option leave it as it is. I didn't touch it.

3. Tap "Flash firmware"

4. Go make a sandwich

5. Enjoy both ur downgraded phone and ur sandwish!

Do I have to be on stock ROM to make this work?,, I was on a custom ROM(Dr. Ketan's latest). This process didn't work....
4th July 2015, 09:12 AM |#45  
Flag Varna
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Anyone? Is there something new?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread