177 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By MrH871, Senior Member on 22nd May 2014, 05:25 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
14th June 2015, 03:08 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
htc m8 brick
i too am having issues with a bricked htc 0ne m8. We purchased the phone as-is really cheap. its freezes while booting up. i can get into fastboot and recovery just fine. i have been successful in installing ruu files but the ruu file doesn't fix the "boot loop" freeze at startup issue. The device is s-on still which sucks because i can't find a method of achieving s-off in fastboot mode. i was able to unlock the bootloader, hoping that it would help and now the ruu files won't work anyone. now i can't get the bootloader to lock through the method that htcdev.com tells me to use. ive also tried to install update through adb sideload through recovery without success.

so i have a s-on, unlocked bootloader htc m8 that i still can't get it to boot up.

any help would be appreciated.

23rd June 2015, 03:23 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

Try it this way:

1) Reboot the phone using Power+Vol Up
2) The moment the screen goes dark to reboot and before the white HTC logo screen appears, let go of the buttons, and hold the Vol down button. Do not let go of vol down until you see the bootloader screen
3) If the bootloader doesn't appear, you either started pressing Vol Down too late, or let go of it too early. Just do the steps again until you get it right.

It works perfectly. thanks!
23rd June 2015, 03:53 PM |#13  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,169

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBribiescas

I have to anticipate when the screen is going go from black to showing the white HTC logo? Then do vol down then?

I just timed it (in my head, not with a stopwatch), and you have about 3 seconds while the screen is black, before the HTC logo screen appears. Plenty of time to let go of the power and vol up buttons, and hold the vol down button.

The reason I say "the moment the screen goes dark" is that some folk wait too long, and start pressing vol down when the HTC logo screen is already up. By then, its too late.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0dan812

i too am having issues with a bricked htc 0ne m8. We purchased the phone as-is really cheap. its freezes while booting up. i can get into fastboot and recovery just fine. i have been successful in installing ruu files but the ruu file doesn't fix the "boot loop" freeze at startup issue. The device is s-on still which sucks because i can't find a method of achieving s-off in fastboot mode. i was able to unlock the bootloader, hoping that it would help and now the ruu files won't work anyone. now i can't get the bootloader to lock through the method that htcdev.com tells me to use. ive also tried to install update through adb sideload through recovery without success.

so i have a s-on, unlocked bootloader htc m8 that i still can't get it to boot up.

Need more info.

What hboot number?
What radio numer?
What CID (or original carrier version)?
What RUUs did you try?

Don't know what method HTCDev says to relock the bootloader, but as long as you can still get into fastboot mode, its simply the command: fastboot oem lock

Also, there is no other currently working s-off method aside from sunshine (which requires booting into OS) so you can stop looking for one.
3rd July 2015, 12:15 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Post I "Softbricked" my htc one m8 AT&T
i recently rooted it and made 4 back ups. I deleted two of them and tried to roboot to fastboot. but it says 'No OS installed" . My computers reconize it as a disk drive and when i click on it, it asks me to insert a disk...Please, ANYONE with information that will help, share
Last edited by Craz Basics; 3rd July 2015 at 12:29 AM.
4th July 2015, 08:41 PM |#15  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 1,601

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craz Basics

i recently rooted it and made 4 back ups. I deleted two of them and tried to roboot to fastboot. but it says 'No OS installed" . My computers reconize it as a disk drive and when i click on it, it asks me to insert a disk...Please, ANYONE with information that will help, share

Download a ROM on your PC, transfer it to your extSD, put that in your phone and flash it in recovery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)