6th April 2015, 06:34 PM |#71  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Viana do Castelo
Thanks Meter: 3,348

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladiyuzefovski

i searched the internet for cases for my explay fresh(russian version of the rio)
and then i found the exact phone i bought just with a different name-myphone agua rio
then i dug a little and i found out there is another phone identical to mine but with another different name called in europe
wiko rainbow so guys please answer
1.what phone is the original and what are the fakes
2.why are they named differntly
3.why do they sell identical phones around the world with a different name and company

different manufacturers..they buy a "license" change the name ,make a few tweaks and release the phone.

they all have same hardware,same colours,same size..so this phones:

Wiko Rainbow,BLU Studio 5.0 C HD,Explay Fresh ,QMobile i9 ,MicromaxA120 C2C,MyPhone Agua Rio are the same..all running kitkat and you can install any custom rom for them..you just need the stock firmware and backup your IMEI as they come from Asia, Russia, France, Portugal, Spain and India..

you have here a tutorial if you want to have WIKO BASE and install all this custom roms: (it works for everyone of this phones, running stock firmware or not, just the custom roms if arenīt for wiko base or mmxa120 base doesnt boot in other phones.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...orial-t3070293

wiko rainbow and Micromax a120 have more developers working on it..so we have many custom roms KITKAT..
The Following User Says Thank You to smokerman For This Useful Post: [ View ]

5th July 2015, 07:17 AM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladiyuzefovski

i searched the internet for cases for my explay fresh(russian version of the rio)
and then i found the exact phone i bought just with a different name-myphone agua rio
then i dug a little and i found out there is another phone identical to mine but with another different name called in europe
wiko rainbow so guys please answer
1.what phone is the original and what are the fakes
2.why are they named differntly
3.why do they sell identical phones around the world with a different name and company

1. They are all original, none of them are fake/illegal.
2./3. Smartphone companies (e.g Wiko, Micromax, MyPhone, etc.) buy their phones from ODM/OEMs (e.g. Tinno Mobile) from China, they put put their own software, then sell it with their own brand name. Why? It saves the vendor tons of money that it would otherwise have to spend on Research and Development. That explains why they are so cheap compared to other brands like Samsung.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleSpanner

i wish someone will port liqiudsmooth or even cm11 for this phone if only i know how to port ..

No need to port, CM11/12.1 is already available for Rainbow/Rio.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)