FORUMS

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

OnePlus 2 Bares All in New Tear Down Gallery

Last year, the launch of the OnePlus One, dubbed ‘the flagship killer’, visibly … more

Focus – An Attractive But Raw Gallery Replacement

Focus is an attractive new app built by XDA members Liam Spradlin … more

Phone says "Type password to decrypt storage". PLEASE HELP I'm out of ideas

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By hobs94, Junior Member on 13th May 2014, 03:07 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
17th November 2014, 02:41 PM |#11  
Recognized Themer
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 4,100

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trandazzo1998

I found out how to get to the bootloader/ recovery without fastboot off in the settings. I waited for the phone to die and once it did I plugged it in. Then I held down the power and volume down buttons and it didn't fastboot because it had died. Hope this helps someone!

I'm sure most people would have simply used ADB.
Code:
adb reboot bootloader

21st November 2014, 08:49 PM |#12  
Flag Prosper, TX
Thanks Meter: 210

More
Thank you so much for this thread and the instructions OP.... just got me out of quite a pickle
12th April 2015, 10:46 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobs94

I was running the new liquid smooth, when I rebooted my phone it booted up and then took me to a screen that says "type password to decrypt storage". I've never encrypted my storage and have no password.

I rebooted into TWRP to restore a backup, but it won't mount my internal storage and it says 0mb as if it's not even there. Then I tried to flash the GPE RUU, it sends the file but then when its time write it it won't mount the system. I also tried side loading the ROM and it won't mount either.

someone please help me.

EDIT: fixed the issue. Very simple actually. make sure you are bootloader unlocked and have TWRP as recovery.

Boot into recovery>Wipe>Format Data>type in "yes">Go to main menu>Install>check to make sure it says 'xxxxx mb' (x is a placeholder for numbers. for example, when i had my problem my internal storage said 0mb)>go to advanced>adb sideload>check both boxes>swype to start sideload>sideload the rom from your computer

This is also very helpful if you wipe your system and have no ROM to flash. Same steps apply

Thank you so much!!! I thought I bricked my phone! You are a life saver!
21st May 2015, 04:21 PM |#14  
Flag Skopje

More
You don't have to flash new rom,
just unlock bootloader, flash twrp, and do factory reset/wipe data... reboot and you're done

thanks for sharing hobs94
The Following User Says Thank You to hbushi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2015, 04:18 PM |#15  

More
Thanks. This thread save my GS4 however i lost all my data small price
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread