FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] Calibration fixes for S-Pen on 4.4.2 KitKat?

53 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By shardsx, Member on 5th June 2014, 12:19 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
24th June 2015, 05:03 AM |#41  
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedex2go

Hm, sounds like a lot of BS, one can't get to the screen edges in S-Note (due to horizontal status & menu bars).

It's really upsetting that Samsung omitted such an important tool as calibration, it's well known fact that Wacom digitizers tend to loose calibration over time (due to magnetic nature), and need to be re-calibrated. Heck, my 2005 Toshiba M200 has one, and 2007 Lenovo X61T, too. I guess it's better to stick with Windows tablets if good pen support is needed.

My I467 is a paperweight now, S Pen is off 1-2mm on part of the screen (maybe due to 4.4.2 OTA update, not sure). Now use my old trusty X61T for drawing. If I won't be able to fix calibration issue on i467, then will buy Dell Venue 8 Pro with N-Trig digitizer and Win8.

Use an app that hides the bars. I used SketchBook in full screen mode. Works fine. Although I think it just makes it easier to see where you're drawing. You might not even need the program; maybe all you need is to move the stylus to the extremes of the screen. I really wish someone out there who knows the definitive way to calibrate these things would pipe up and talk about how the software calibrates itself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

24th June 2015, 07:46 AM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha

Use an app that hides the bars

Correct me if I'm wrong, but such apps require root. Which my Note doesn't have.

Quote:

maybe all you need

LOL, it's a lot of maybes.
IMHO, it's a digital world - either there is a specific procedure to calibrate, or there isn't.
Trying all sorts of things without specific knowledge what to do - waste of time, it's like looking for a black cat in a dark room.
I think that smart thing to do here is to learn this lesson and stay away from Samsung in the future.
Last edited by fedex2go; 24th June 2015 at 08:43 AM.
26th June 2015, 03:42 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 606

More
Quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but such apps require root. Which my Note doesn't have.

LOL, it's a lot of maybes.
IMHO, it's a digital world - either there is a specific procedure to calibrate, or there isn't.
Trying all sorts of things without specific knowledge what to do - waste of time, it's like looking for a black cat in a dark room.
I think that smart thing to do here is to learn this lesson and stay away from Samsung in the future.

Yes Samsung messed up but it's not like we don't have a solution . I flashed civato's rom and kernel and never looked back.
28th June 2015, 06:05 PM |#44  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sefrcoko

but it's not like we don't have a solution

"We" who??? I have i467
28th June 2015, 07:44 PM |#45  

More
Quote:

"We" who??? I have i467

Right, well I'm not really familiar with your model to be honest. Just saying that a fix is possible through custom firmware if available for your device.
28th June 2015, 08:16 PM |#46  

More
Quote:

Right, well I'm not really familiar with your model to be honest

Right, well I'm not really understand what are you doing in Galaxy Note 8.0 thread then, to be honest
28th June 2015, 08:38 PM |#47  

More
Quote:

Right, well I'm not really understand what are you doing in Galaxy Note 8.0 thread then, to be honest

The Note 8.0 threads (like many on xda) are actually meant for multiple devices that are still similar in nature. In the case of the Note 8.0, this includes the N5100, N5110, N5120, etc. For your information I have the N5110, so I am definitely in the right place. Remember we are all here to share and help each other. Respect is paramount. Good luck
Last edited by sefrcoko; 29th June 2015 at 04:15 AM.
29th June 2015, 06:47 AM |#48  

More
Quote:

The Note 8.0 threads (like many on xda) are actually meant for multiple devices that are still similar in nature. In the case of the Note 8.0, this includes the N5100, N5110, N5120, etc. For your information I have the N5110, so I am definitely in the right place. Remember we are all here to share and help each other. Respect is paramount. Good luck

Luck is not a factor here. I467=Galaxy Note 8.0 (AT&T). It takes 10sec for a reasonably intelligent person to figure out. Instead of paying minimal attention and reading the actual posts, you hurry up and say there's a solution by flashing. It's not applicable for I467, it cannot be flashed.
29th June 2015, 05:48 PM |#49  

More
Quote:

Luck is not a factor here. I467=Galaxy Note 8.0 (AT&T). It takes 10sec for a reasonably intelligent person to figure out. Instead of paying minimal attention and reading the actual posts, you hurry up and say there's a solution by flashing. It's not applicable for I467, it cannot be flashed.

As always, I read through the thread bud. I see you have like 17 posts so far, so still relatively new to xda. Instead of being confrontational, understand that my post was directed at the other Note 8..0 models like the N5100, N5110, etc. If it doesn't apply to your variant then so be it. This thread does not revolve around your variant alone. The same applies to many other xda threads. Good day sir.
Last edited by sefrcoko; 2nd July 2015 at 04:00 AM.
5th July 2015, 05:42 PM |#50  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:

Use an app that hides the bars. I used SketchBook in full screen mode. Works fine. Although I think it just makes it easier to see where you're drawing. You might not even need the program; maybe all you need is to move the stylus to the extremes of the screen. I really wish someone out there who knows the definitive way to calibrate these things would pipe up and talk about how the software calibrates itself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

This is the secret code of Samsung to get to Factory Mode, using Calculator : (+30012012732+
Then : *#0*# in Calculator
You should get to Factory Mode where you can test different functions, especially Wacom Test, If it fails the test, your Lcd is defective ( S Pen cable is from LCD ), this one is an example.
The test won't do any calibration, just Pass or Fail.
Wacom Test
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beut For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)