FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Shortcut Brightness on Nova Launcher

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By Filler1971, Junior Member on 16th January 2014, 01:46 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Is there anybody who knows how I can add an Shortcut of Gear Settings -> Display -> Brightness on Nova Launcher Desktop?

If I try to set an Shortcut of Settings. I only can use Display. But this is the setting of the Device and it will crash everytime.

Hope you can help me.
Thx forward
 
 
16th January 2014, 02:26 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 341
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filler1971

Is there anybody who knows how I can add an Shortcut of Gear Settings -> Display -> Brightness on Nova Launcher Desktop?

If I try to set an Shortcut of Settings. I only can use Display. But this is the setting of the Device and it will crash everytime.

Hope you can help me.
Thx forward

Creat a widget: Shortcuts >> Activities >> Settings (the stock one not nova) >>displayDisplaySettingsList
16th January 2014, 11:04 PM |#3  
lopan2000's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
I know this isn't what you asked about.... but I'm using Tasker to set the automatically set the screen brightness based on time of day.

i.e.auto set brightness set to "4" (tasker display brightness value of 142) at 8AM for daytime use, and brightness set to "2" (tasker display brightness value of 54) at 5PM for nighttime.

Probably could make some homescreen buttons to toggle/change brightness levels too...
16th January 2014, 11:21 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
I reinstalled gravity box to get full options and use brightness slider.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th January 2014, 08:39 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Thx for reply

@almulder1092
That's the way I've done it.

Maybe I should take a deeper look for Tasker. I've often read about it.
17th January 2014, 09:15 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 341
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filler1971

Thx for reply

@almulder1092
That's the way I've done it.

Maybe I should take a deeper look for Tasker. I've often read about it.

I use the tasker way. It 9:00pm my watch goes it to low brightness and silent mode until 8:00am then it returns to normal brightness and sound mode.
17th January 2014, 09:56 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
any chance you can export out the profile and upload it i would to use it if you don't mind with different hours
17th January 2014, 10:44 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 341
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberone3

any chance you can export out the profile and upload it i would to use it if you don't mind with different hours

I would but I have since wiped it out and reverted back to stock. This weekend I plan on redoing my gear. (Was testing some stuff out). Once I do I will upload them.
5th July 2015, 05:23 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by almulder1092

I would but I have since wiped it out and reverted back to stock. This weekend I plan on redoing my gear. (Was testing some stuff out). Once I do I will upload them.

thats a person form the twrp thread was able to get me up and working again
but if you code that woudl be great when you have the time
i know this wont be the last time this will be asked
5th July 2015, 06:50 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
By the time you've downloaded it to your phone, sent it via Bluetooth to your watch and then imported it into tasker on your watch you could have written the profile 4 times over!

Here's the description of the task in rough that I've just made. You should really write your own tasks to make them specific to you.
Profile: Gear Light And Sound (497)
Time: From 21:00 Till 08:00
Enter: Gear Light Sound (500)
A1: Display Brightness [ Level:49 Disable Safeguardff Ignore Current Levelff Immediate Effectff ]
A2: Ringer Volume [ Level:0 Displayff Soundff ]

Exit: Gear Light And Sound Start (503)
A1: Display Brightness [ Level:136 Disable Safeguardff Ignore Current Levelff Immediate Effectff ]
A2: Ringer Volume [ Level:10 Displayff Soundff ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes