FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

[q] ALL THINGS GALAXY S4 (GS4) MODEL SPH-L720T

915 posts
Thanks Meter: 394

By bgmg, Senior Member on 23rd January 2014, 06:27 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
3rd July 2015, 07:13 PM |#2731  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 34,171

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by askhatana68

plz help me........

You need to state what your problem is and as much info about the problem as you can, this tells us nothing.

Last edited by bilgerryan; 4th July 2015 at 05:20 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]

4th July 2015, 04:59 PM |#2732  
OP Senior Member

More
Well it's been a few days of constant use now, and zero microphone problems. Happy Dance!

Good thing for everyone to remember..if you are having problems with your microphone not working, then reprovision your phone...and be prepared to reinstall all your apps, and to reconfigure all your little android settings because it will wipe them. You won't lose root so that much is good.
The Following User Says Thank You to bgmg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2015, 11:31 PM |#2733  
OP Senior Member

More
Does anyone know the ramifications of freezing/disabling the "Sprint ID" service?
Yesterday, 08:11 PM |#2734  
OP Senior Member

More
Ok let's try a different question

Has anyone tried FlashFire on a 720T yet, and want to share your findings?
Today, 04:13 AM |#2735  
Louisville
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Locks up on incoming and outgoing calls
My SPH-L720T is running rooted L720TVPUAMK5. I've had the phone about 15 months (purchased new from Ting).

It works fine except about on 10% of the calls (incoming and outgoing) it locks up hard. Except for incoming and outgoing calls the device has NEVER locked up. Its been doing this for as long as I have owned it.

Symptoms:
When I go to answer a call (I'm not using Skype, Google Voice or Wi-Fi calling or anything like that), the screen locks mid swipe and stays frozen. I cannot hear the calling party, and they cannot hear me.

When making an outgoing call, when malfunctions all seems normal except that I never hear the sound that indicates the phone I'm calling to is ringing. At that point the screen stays frozen.

The device appeared to me to be unresponsive to all physical buttons. Previously, at this point I would pull the battery. I eventually corrupted the MicroSD card, requiring a format.

After that, I learned that holding the power button does bring up the reboot dialog. But it takes a lot longer than normal to come up. And then after touching reboot or shutdown the device takes about three minutes to shut down or begin the reboot. That was so long that I had thought it was hopelessly locked up.

After the reboot, the call involved does not appear on the call log.

I've Googled this extensively and found many suggestions but no solution that actually works.

I have several questions about what might fix this.

Would an add on dialer app maybe fix this? If so I would be happy to pay for one. Two that I am tire kicking are:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ipedial.donate

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.dw.contacts

I'd prefer the cheaper one because I don't need all the features of the $10 one. But if the $10 app will fix my problem it will be the best Ten Bucks I ever spent.

I'm also considering the possibility of upgrading to Lollipop. Would that almost certainty fix it? Or might this be a hardware problem?

Lollipop is my second choice for several reasons. It takes me a long time to get my phone just exactly the way I want it. I don't like the aesthetics of the Lollipop UI. I'm concerned that I might never get Flash working on Lollipop. I need flash so I can see weather radar loops. Lots of severe thunderstorms and tornadoes in my area.

Suggestions? New dialer? Lollipop? New phone? Suicide? :-0
Today, 08:03 AM |#2736  
Thanks Meter: 318

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgmg

Does anyone know the ramifications of freezing/disabling the "Sprint ID" service?

Either I uninstalled it or it was left out of the rom I'm on. But everything is working/running fine without it. Just freeze it and find out. If it does something wonky go back and unfreeze. I think it doesn't make a difference that I'm on the L720.
Today, 12:38 PM |#2737  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WhiteWolves

Either I uninstalled it or it was left out of the rom I'm on. But everything is working/running fine without it. Just freeze it and find out. If it does something wonky go back and unfreeze. I think it doesn't make a difference that I'm on the L720.

Thanks. I froze it yesterday. everything had been working great.
The Following User Says Thank You to bgmg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy, gs4, mk5, root, sprint
Previous Thread Next Thread