[Kernel][5.1.x][TF300/201][GRIMLOCK KERNEL][APR 02 2015]

Search This thread

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
@hardslog, @lj50036 And here is me again, RUN!!!!! :D..... Accidentaly bumped into a bug in 5.1.1 ROMS - Reproduced on Zombi-Pop, KatKiss...... So smart as... as me post it in the kernel thread using your kernel in both, hardslog :)
Dont´t know if my camera died in the meantime and I´m making fool of me or if it´s really ROM/kernel related bug... On previous versions of Lollipop camera did work. Would you be so kind and take a look??? It´s no big deal, I´m just being curious.... SCENARIO: opening camera - green screen and message Cannot conect to camera message. THX a lot, guys, have a nice day!!!

Give this a go..... :D

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952608588

Thx Josh

Reactions: esese10k and JuraP

JuraP

Sep 7, 2008

@lj50036 I´m sorry to say that, but still NO GO......Attaching a logcat wit applied fix.... But don´t waste your time on it if U have more important things to do....
Getting one more bug (consistent in all 5.1.1 ROMS)- Bluetooth related... First connection to BT device (SONY BM10 bluetooth music adapter) is OK, music playing, but as soon as you stop playback or disconnect/reconnect the device, music playback becomes stuttered and somehow quicker than it should be - only thing that brings it to normal is reboot...... Also no big deal, I will send logcat .
Thx Josh for your help :)

Reactions: yannlieb

rjberg

Jul 6, 2015
5.1 bootloop on cm12.1

Hello,

I have some trouble with the 5.1 version and the 5.1 lite version.

It goes into a bootloop where it reboots three seconds after it shows the login screen.

Sorry, but I have no logs yet.

bbarroso

Oct 25, 2010
Better but not as good as...

Hi all,
I've flashed grimlock kernel in my TF300T running Cyanogenmod 11 M12 (Android 4.4.4) and i can notice some improvements...
The thing is that I would like to go back to the times when this tablet was really fast, and this only was true when running the 4.0.3 original Android version that came with the tablet when I bought it.

I now have my tablet with unlocked bootloader + TWRP 2.8.0.1 + Cyanogenmod 11 M12 + grimlock kernel, so the one million dollar question is:

Can I flash from TWRP 2.8.0.1 the original ASUS firmware WW_epaduser9_4_3_30UpdateLauncher, the original 4.0.3?

After that, and if I regret doing it, can I safely restore from my current scenario backup using TWRP?

Is there any bricking risk with this steps??

Thank you all for your attention...

Regards

hardslog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2009
Hi all,
I've flashed grimlock kernel in my TF300T running Cyanogenmod 11 M12 (Android 4.4.4) and i can notice some improvements...
The thing is that I would like to go back to the times when this tablet was really fast, and this only was true when running the 4.0.3 original Android version that came with the tablet when I bought it.

I now have my tablet with unlocked bootloader + TWRP 2.8.0.1 + Cyanogenmod 11 M12 + grimlock kernel, so the one million dollar question is:

Can I flash from TWRP 2.8.0.1 the original ASUS firmware WW_epaduser9_4_3_30UpdateLauncher, the original 4.0.3?

After that, and if I regret doing it, can I safely restore from my current scenario backup using TWRP?

Is there any bricking risk with this steps??

Thank you all for your attention...

Regards

Have you tried the Zombi-Pop rom with /data as f2fs? IMHO is blows stock asus rom out of the water in terms of speed. This will never be the fastest device in the world though because of that emmc chip.

Do NOT flash a stock firmware with TWRP. That could leave you with a brick. Instead search the forums for a return to stock thread. @lj50036 has some fantastic tutorials scattered about the forums for making sure you don't end up with a paperweight.

Reactions: lj50036
Jul 11, 2013
www.thecrase.com
Hello,

I have some trouble with the 5.1 version and the 5.1 lite version.

It goes into a bootloop where it reboots three seconds after it shows the login screen.

Sorry, but I have no logs yet.

Using CM12.1 nightlies and have the same thing happening. I can see the Kernel loading on the initial screen after the bootloader and then CM goes through it's initial bootup and the apps optimize. After that it goes into a boot loop where it begins loading again and optimizing everything. Was really hoping to bump the clock up on my tablet a little bit and this is about the only project I am seeing even begin try and work towards it.

hardslog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2009
Using CM12.1 nightlies and have the same thing happening. I can see the Kernel loading on the initial screen after the bootloader and then CM goes through it's initial bootup and the apps optimize. After that it goes into a boot loop where it begins loading again and optimizing everything. Was really hoping to bump the clock up on my tablet a little bit and this is about the only project I am seeing even begin try and work towards it.

Shoot me a last_kmsg after it reboots and a logcat when it is booting and I'll have a look. I'll bet all it needs is a CM ramdisk to work on CM (I designed this kernel with Omnirom in mind).

Reactions: lj50036

blkwhk

Nov 2, 2010
Spacecoast
So I have been using Grimlock 4 with CM11 for quite a while but decided to go to CM 12.1. I tried to use the Grimlock 5.1 Signed and I'm not able to get past the CM splash screen and optimizing apps loop. Any confirm grimlock 5.1 works with CM 12.1?

edit, TF300

Last edited:

gruinelli

Apr 23, 2012
Wake up with dock keys possible?

I all
I have a TF201 with a dock (keyboard) and just flashed the KatKiss-Lollipop ROM - Android 5.1.1 #030.
It runs quite smooth and responsive.

Is it possible to wake the tablet up with any of the dock keys? I know this is possible with the stock image, as shown in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWlCR4xl56w .

johnweng

Oct 27, 2015
Confirmed CM12.1 apps loop

So I have been using Grimlock 4 with CM11 for quite a while but decided to go to CM 12.1. I tried to use the Grimlock 5.1 Signed and I'm not able to get past the CM splash screen and optimizing apps loop. Any confirm grimlock 5.1 works with CM 12.1?

edit, TF300

I am having the same issue. Is there a fix for it?

Thanks.

alesi80

Feb 21, 2009
Thanks for your work!
What about tf201 version?
When can we expect a new version?
Thanks again

Inviato dal mio SM-G903F utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: JuraP

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    April 2 2015 - NEW VERSION 5.1! Ready for Lollipop 5.1!!!!!

Quick list of features:
    • Overclock up to 1.8GHZ
    • Voltage control
    • Custom GPU overclock
    • Dynamic Fsync Control
    • Interactive and ROW tweaks
    • I/O and MMC tweaks for better performance
    • Auto detects whether you are using data2sd, f2fs or EXT4 - meaning you don't need an f2fs version anymore. At boot time the kernel detects your file system and boots based on what YOU have. Also works with data2sd.
    • Extra governors and I/O Schedulers

Chanegelog

2015-04-02 - Version 5.1
    - Updated the Wifi modules to work with CM12 and Omnirom

2014-10-01 - Version 5.0
    - Updated to work with Lollipop.

2014-10-01 - Version 4.0
    - Fixed the Bluetooth not turning on issue
    - Fixed a few of the dock keys not working (such as disabling the touchpad)
    - Added Pegasusq Governor
    - Added SIO, VR and BFQ I/O Schedulers
    - Made BFQ the default
    - Created a separate build based on Linaro 4.8.3 Toolchains

2014-09-12 - Version 3.0
    - I don't remember now LOL!

Everything should work fine, but this kernel has only been extensively tested on Omnirom and Zombi-Pop.

*NOTE - If you are running this kernel on Katkiss, Version 5.1 likely will not work. You will need 5.0 as 5.0 still uses the wifi modules that katkiss needs.

Also at the end of this post is an app called Performance Profiles. I would suggest anyone who uses this kernel on OMNIROM to install this app, as it will allow you to change the CPU frequency so you aren't always stuck at 1.7GHZ. In CM this feature can be added to the quick settings panel so it is not necessary. It will allow you to toggle between 1GHZ(power save) 1.3GHZ(normal mode) or 1.7GHZ(performance mode). I apologize for the hideous UI, but I'm not a app creater or designer. - NOTE - NOW OBSOLETE

[/HIDE]

A huge thanks to krash1256 and uga_boy for your very kind donations!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Kernel][5.1.x][GRIMLOCK KERNEL], Kernel for the Asus Transformer TF300T

Contributors
    hardslog, lj50036
    Source Code: https://github.com/Hardslog

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5.1
    Stable Release Date: 2015-04-02

Created 2014-03-26
    Last Updated 2015-04-06
    Download Links!

FLASHING THE KERNEL FROM RECOVERY

Steps

1. Download the Kernel below and save to your internal or external SD Card. Do not unzip the file.

GRIMLOCK KERNEL DOWNLOAD

GRIMLOCK KERNEL Full Mirror 1

GRIMLOCK KERNEL Full Mirror 2
    Courtesy of the LEGEN..... wait for it.........

DARY @lj50036 :laugh:
    If anyone wants to try a 6.0 "version" of Grimlock here are the links

LITE Version
    HEAVY Version ;)

BTW I don't have a shield. I do still have my TF700 though :p
    Update - 2.5 F2FS only

In case anybody still cares, I have made an update to the kernel in the downloads section. Nothing big, just a few tweaks here and there in hopes to squeeze out a bit more I/O performance.
    Thank you!! Already excited and flashing!

Here's a benchmark:

2n8ag7k.png