FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

ZTE Grand SII (S291)

103 posts
Thanks Meter: 36

By jozco313, Senior Member on 6th May 2014, 06:54 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
4th July 2015, 08:22 PM |#1641  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
successfully installed cm12.1 v4 with gapps(took me a hour to find a way to install gapps) . finally after using b16 I can use screen for now everything working fine, starting to test cm12.1 v4 ...

5th July 2015, 12:36 AM |#1642  
Flag Zvolenska Slatina
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Hi Chetbiz, could you please share tutorial, how you managed to install gapps? Through TWRP?

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium HD app
5th July 2015, 09:09 AM |#1643  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispin

Hi Chetbiz, could you please share tutorial, how you managed to install gapps? Through TWRP?

you should extract zip of gapps 5.1 folder to /system, then copy folders from gapps folder with names that resides in /system and merge them, then install apks from gapps folder with rom toolbox with root permissions.. worked for me, still got some bugs with sync exchange contacts but google and play market working.
5th July 2015, 12:39 PM |#1644  
Flag Zvolenska Slatina

More
Thanks, have you tried install gapps with TWRP? I have seen somewhere, that it could be possible. Tonight I try it.

5th July 2015, 12:54 PM |#1645  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispin

Thanks, have you tried install gapps with TWRP? I have seen somewhere, that it could be possible. Tonight I try it.

No didnt try it, I`m using CWM, I heard that TWRP is bugy so didt used it.
Yesterday, 10:56 AM |#1646  
Flag Zvolenska Slatina

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetbiz

No didnt try it, I`m using CWM, I heard that TWRP is bugy so didt used it.

So last night I tried to install gapps on CM12.1 V4 with TWRP and all went fine.
Yesterday, 09:42 PM |#1647  
Thanks Meter: 91

Donate to Me
More
Anyone have instruction how to make merge of partitions on twrp? I see only this china text in instruction (see attached file) but don't know is it's instruction or not...
Yesterday, 11:03 PM |#1648  
Flag Zvolenska Slatina

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeei

Anyone have instruction how to make merge of partitions on twrp? I see only this china text in instruction (see attached file) but don't know is it's instruction or not...

As I know, its not possible with TWRP. You can only flash ROMs for merged partitions. You have to use China's CWM recovery for merging.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread