FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v5.3.7 Released (fully-featured file manager)

3,036 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,280
 
By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Yesterday, 05:20 PM |#9911  
[] AL []'s Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,675
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcsurf

Only used this a little as I usually use another app. I do like the look and feel of this but noticed the ability to rename a system app ie. apk to bak is not supported.

I do this all the time to either freeze or keep a copy of the rom"s original apks that I replaced with hacked/themed ones.



So there must be a problem w the way MiXplorer is setup. Did you (and have been asked to) give it root rights? That usually happens the first time you browse to the root folder after a fresh MiXplorer install...

Try uninstalling/reinstall maybe ?
The Following User Says Thank You to [] AL [] For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
Yesterday, 05:24 PM |#9912  
Senior Member
Flag Kent
Thanks Meter: 280
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [] AL []

I do this all the time to either freeze or keep a copy of the rom"s original apks that I replaced with hacked/themed ones.




So there must be a problem w the way MiXplorer is setup. Did you (and have been asked to) give it root rights? That usually happens the first time you browse to the root folder after a fresh MiXplorer install...

Try uninstalling/reinstall maybe ?

I've tried on an older and the newest build, Given root permission. I can use rename option for downloaded filed but when go to system app files and click rename the option is unsupported

Edit: I guess some user error on my part. If I browse from root to system/app I can rename files. If I click on system app from the left side drop down menu, rename is unsupported.
Last edited by djcsurf; Yesterday at 05:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to djcsurf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 08:07 PM |#9913  
TekWz's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I've downloaded this Explorer a few times and installed it cleaned out the data but it crashes on me all the time
Today, 12:18 AM |#9914  
djdarkknight96's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 29,255
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcsurf

I've tried on an older and the newest build, Given root permission. I can use rename option for downloaded filed but when go to system app files and click rename the option is unsupported

Edit: I guess some user error on my part. If I browse from root to system/app I can rename files. If I click on system app from the left side drop down menu, rename is unsupported.

Yes I noticed the pre made short cuts don't work with rename so I made my own shortcuts and they work
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekWz

I've downloaded this Explorer a few times and installed it cleaned out the data but it crashes on me all the time

Can you produce a log so we can see why?

Sent from my BlakKat CM12.1 Sexy Nexy 5
The Following User Says Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android file manager, cloud, encfs, mixplorer, sftp
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes