FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

Unlimited tethering mod for T-Mobile S5

133 posts
Thanks Meter: 73

By tech128, Senior Member on 26th April 2014, 02:46 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd April 2015, 07:21 AM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjday7

I'm really trying to get some feedback from people that have updated to lollipop and got WiFi tether router by Fabio Grasso working on the new build.

Also and how and what version of the all they are using.

I have it working on a Note 3 with 5.0 and 6.08 of the app. Had to set it up with the instructions for the Note 4 to get it to work.

8th July 2015, 01:58 PM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Here is a method I use that I haven't seen mentioned, I'm on a S5 SM-G900A at&t that is unlocked to T-Mobile, I am on Android 5.0 rooted stock. using the 80.00 unlimited prepaid plan. I assume this also works on the G900T:
I use FoxFi/PDAnet+ USB mode tether. I have the PDAnet windows program setting "Hide Tether Usage" Level 1 checked.
My hotspot data log from the T-Mobile app has not increased.
My current Data usage is at 13400mb/unlimited and my Mobile Hotspot has not increased ever since I did the PDAnet I mentioned above.
The other thing I have done which is also working perfectly is enable internet Sharing in network connections for the PDANET Broadband Adapter, which automatically changes my LAN adapter to 192.168.137.1... Then I have my LAN on PC plugged into a Router. The router's ip address is set to 192.168.137.254 and the DHCP server is turned off ( or forwarded to 192.168.137.1...probably if it is a Dd-wrt router) so now in my house, anything that connected to the router's ssid, LAN or wireless, gets blazing fast internet, all through the USB tether..
I'm telling you, not exaggerating, it smokes FIOS Verizon, I'm getting speed test results on all my devices connected to the router at like 30MBps-50 and above. All along I am monitoring the t-mobile "my mobile" app and seeing the Data increase and still the Hotspot total has not increased
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-08-05-29-18.png
Views:	206
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	3395880   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-08-05-50-50.png
Views:	208
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	3395881  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread