FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

Haldi's Benchmark Thread for Governors&Undervolting&Overclocking the Z2

1,796 posts
Thanks Meter: 526

By Haldi4803, Senior Member on 1st June 2014, 02:05 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
30th May 2015, 09:09 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 150

Donate to Me
More
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1433016450064.png
Views:	170
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	3339981
On low battery it charges really fast between 1.6-1.7A but then when it get more % it goes slowly down to 1.4, 1.3, 1.2 etc. Hehe I used the phone a bit while charging but only max 5 minutes. I think thats waay faster than your stats. LG G2 charger 1.8A with magnetic cable. I started around 12% I think. I think there is a better charge possible that wasn't the maximum I've got out of this hehe.
Last edited by TheFerhatKing; 30th May 2015 at 09:12 PM.

3rd June 2015, 02:58 AM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldi4803

Review: External Battery Case
So after long time i've invested 20$ and got this 4500mAh external Battery Power Case.

I've got mine from AliExpress (Link here) it arrived roughly 12 days after ordering.

Why did i go for this 4500mAh version and not any other 3500mAh charger out there? Because this model here says it can charge 5V with 1A, while most others only do 0.8A (in comparison sony's EP880 Wallcharger does 1.5A). And the Test's confirm this. The phone itself with Screen on uses about 400mA charging with the dock you get about 600mA charging using the official Wall charger you get about 900-1000mA, so Yes, it does indeed have an output of 1A.

So how much does it charge? i managed to get my phone from 5% back to 93% that's quite something. Altough it took 3.5hours

So here we have the standard Graphs for Charging

it's roughly 40 minutes slower than with the Magnector X cable i normaly use to charge my phone. Pretty impressive.

So, whats the bad points?
A: It takes ages to charge to Case itself. roughly 4-5 hours, did not meassure that exactly.
B: it's not healthy to store a battery (cover) with full health. If you don't use it over longer periods, make sure you only charge it up to 75% So you still have to re-charge it to 100% right before going on a longer trip.

P.S Here is the Manual that shows how the 4 Lights on the Backside work.

Oh yeah... it has a Powerbutton, so you can actually use the Case without charging.
AND it's said you can charge the Phone and Case at the same time. Gonna try that the next time my phone is empty.
Edit: Yes, you can really charge the Phone and the Case at the same time. it simply takes ages ^^
Roughly 7 hours to charge the phone! But after that the dock will also be full.

$20 is a real deal for 4500mAh, but I can't seem to find its brand in aliexpress. Is it cheap because it has no brand?
3rd June 2015, 08:32 PM |#113  
OP Senior Member

More
excactly
8th July 2015, 05:30 PM |#114  
OP Senior Member

More
AndroPlus Kernel V58a

So.... i've heard of internal GPU Logs to record Time in State and Transitions
Especially with AndroPlus Kernel v58a's included "Adreno Idler" i've had to test this out. Sadly i did not have benches this before using v58a, only long time ago when i made some Benchmarks #54 i also recorded GPU usage (via Trepn profiler). But it seems like even then Our Z2 would clock down to the lowest GPU frequency without any problems.

So, how long did i test? The whole time. After fully charging my Smartphone i rebooted to reset the stats file overal_time_in_stats and trans_stats and continued to use my phone normally during the day.
It survived 1.5 days with 5h30min SoT, usage was mainly web browsing, TapaTalk, lot of emails, some whatsapp and few hours Yatse media control widget showing.
Due to this "Awake" time and wakelocks the GPU and CPU have been active for 7 hours 45 minutes.

The Active Time measured in GPU and CPU stats also confirm this value:

(a Transition means a jump, i.e did the GPU switch from 23'729 times from 27mhz to 657,5mhz and 21'971 times back from 657,5mhz to 27mhz.)

Funny thing to see is that in 2/3 of the cases the GPU jumped from 27mhz directly to the maximum clock of 657,5mhz and only 1/3 of the time it jumped to 100mhz. so the msm-adreno-tz really likes to go all out ^^
Oh yeah, another important fact: During these 7hour45minutes the Screen has only been activated 5hours 30 minutes! so 2hours 15minutes have been active with screen off, MOST LIKELY during these 2h15 the GPU frequency has been 27mhz.... so the 62% in 27mhz probably wouldn't be that high without wakelocks.

Looking at the CPU chart we see this 2h15min also affecting the 268,8mhz frequency.

btw, based on the completly wrong and irresponsible assumption that the phone does not drain battery while it's in deep sleep and we have a 12Wh Battery one could say that the average Powerdrain for 7 hours 45 minutes would be 1550mW saying that the Batterydrain would only happen when the screen is online (5 hours 30 minutes) this would be 2180mW.

In this Char here we even have Transitions included on the right side: (Jep... exact same Values as the Barchart before, just different axis and stacking)

Funny thing is, there are about 570'000 switches on the Core0 and about 330'000 on core3, compared to the time online (100% for core0 and 40% for core3) there are way more switches on core3 than on core0, 1 or 2.. well.... interactive governor doing it's stuff with MPdecision together....

So after the phone went empty i charged it.... with an EP880 1.5A charger... no changes here... all like allways.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Haldi4803 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread