3,482 posts
Thanks Meter: 393

By rushless, Senior Member on 1st April 2014, 03:30 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
25th September 2014, 03:45 AM |#31  
Flag gallitzin
Thanks Meter: 765

More
Wife has an s4 and i got the m8 both on verizon and my signal blows hers out the water

28th September 2014, 01:13 PM |#32  
Flag new Jersey
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1411906378240.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  99.0 KB
sent from the great free Palestine!
8th July 2015, 01:15 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 301

More
i know this is an old thread, but this is my first grass cutting season with the m8 and man the signal sucks (both wifi and lte) compared to my old s4. i used to be able to cut all 2.5 acres and never had to switch to 4g unless on the far end of the property. the m8 barely holds a signal out my front door, and there's almost no difference if i check the wifi boost setting. 4g is also worse and harder to catch - i'm in a poor signal area. the throughput is better on the m8, but dammit without a steady connection it's pretty terrible to use... running venom 3.2.1 btw and won't switch roms b/c of the freaking google music deactivation limit. i'm pretty sure i'll switch to apple music b/c of this when it's available.
8th July 2015, 07:37 PM |#34  
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 109

More
The reception on my S4 wasn't as good after it got mangled in a reclining chair.

NOTE: Mangled = no longer even recognizable as a cell phone.

I re-activated my old S3 until I purchased the M8 so I can't compare directly but I believe, as best I can recall, that the reception was pretty equal between the M8 and the S4.
9th July 2015, 01:58 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsquabbles

i know this is an old thread, but this is my first grass cutting season with the m8 and man the signal sucks (both wifi and lte) compared to my old s4. i used to be able to cut all 2.5 acres and never had to switch to 4g unless on the far end of the property. the m8 barely holds a signal out my front door, and there's almost no difference if i check the wifi boost setting. 4g is also worse and harder to catch - i'm in a poor signal area. the throughput is better on the m8, but dammit without a steady connection it's pretty terrible to use... running venom 3.2.1 btw and won't switch roms b/c of the freaking google music deactivation limit. i'm pretty sure i'll switch to apple music b/c of this when it's available.

FWIW, you can get around the Google Music deactivation limit. Install Titanium Backup and use it to back up your Android ID. Then, when you install another rom, before using Google Music, install Titanium Backup and restore your previous Android ID. You won't hear a peep out of Google Music about deactivation limits. I have the paid version. Not sure if the paid version is required for this or not but it can't hurt to check it out. You can always restore a nandroid of your current setup.
9th July 2015, 03:13 AM |#36  
Washington D.C.
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robocuff

FWIW, you can get around the Google Music deactivation limit. Install Titanium Backup and use it to back up your Android ID. Then, when you install another rom, before using Google Music, install Titanium Backup and restore your previous Android ID. You won't hear a peep out of Google Music about deactivation limits. I have the paid version. Not sure if the paid version is required for this or not but it can't hurt to check it out. You can always restore a nandroid of your current setup.

This is the answer.
9th July 2015, 03:25 AM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 301

More
been doing it for a while but my last three flashes on two different devices all showed up as three new devices. either something in a titanium update screwed up or Google's doing something different. I verified ids after all the restores. two of the flashes were for the same os version where as some of the other successful gmusic transfers were across different versions. I backup settings storage and gmusic.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)