FORUMS

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

View Poll Results: Did the 270 MHz frequency step increase your battery life ?

Yes

95 Vote(s)
36.40%
No

19 Vote(s)
7.28%
I don't know

89 Vote(s)
34.10%
I don't use this step

58 Vote(s)
22.22%

[KERNEL][Sony JB 4.3][26.04.15] Williams kernel v9.1

756 posts
Thanks Meter: 856

By pec0ra, Senior Member on 13th May 2014, 07:10 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
24th June 2015, 02:44 AM |#741  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 126

More
this is the logcat when phone does not wake up:

I/PowerManagerService( 1647): Waking up from sleep...
D/PowerManagerService( 1647): acquireWakeLock: ignoring request from com.google.android.gms
D/PowerManagerService( 1647): acquireWakeLock: ignoring request from com.google.android.gms
I/sysmon-tsens_tz_sensor3( 1216): sensor_work - read value = 350
I/sysmon-tsens_tz_sensor0( 1216): sensor_work - read value = 360
W/View ( 1803): requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextClock{41ed5cb0 V.ED.... ......ID 104,0-484,213 #7f0a004a app:id/clock_view} during layout: running second layout pass
W/View ( 1803): requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextClock{41f895b8 V.ED.... ......ID 221,0-367,38 #7f0a004f app:id/date_view} during layout: running second layout pass
I/WindowManager( 1647): Lock screen displayed!
D/DisplayPowerController( 1647): Unblocked screen on after 4221132 ms
W/ActivityManager( 1647): getAssistContextExtras failed: no resumed activity

Phone is not freezed, I can enter shell command. But if I type: stop and then start commands it does a hot reboot but I will not be able to wake up the phone again. Full reboot needed to solve temporqrily the bug.
Last edited by sambastrakan; 24th June 2015 at 03:16 AM.

24th June 2015, 08:25 AM |#742  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambastrakan

this is the logcat when phone does not wake up:

I/PowerManagerService( 1647): Waking up from sleep...
I/sysmon-tsens_tz_sensor3( 1216): sensor_work - read value = 350
I/sysmon-tsens_tz_sensor0( 1216): sensor_work - read value = 360
W/View ( 1803): requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextClock{41ed5cb0 V.ED.... ......ID 104,0-484,213 #7f0a004a app:id/clock_view} during layout: running second layout pass
W/View ( 1803): requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextClock{41f895b8 V.ED.... ......ID 221,0-367,38 #7f0a004f app:id/date_view} during layout: running second layout pass
I/WindowManager( 1647): Lock screen displayed!
D/DisplayPowerController( 1647): Unblocked screen on after 4221132 ms
W/ActivityManager( 1647): getAssistContextExtras failed: no resumed activity

Phone is not freezed, I can enter shell command. But if I type: stop and then start commands it does a hot reboot but I will not be able to wake up the phone again. Full reboot needed to solve temporqrily the bug.

Thanks for the log ! However, if it is a kernel problem, the dmesg will be more useful.
Please put this kind of log in a file or between the code tag next time so we can read it better.
24th June 2015, 12:04 PM |#743  
Flag Rio de Janeiro

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pec0ra

Thanks for the log ! However, if it is a kernel problem, the dmesg will be more useful.
Please put this kind of log in a file or between the code tag next time so we can read it better.

dmesg log attached. will make an other one when the bug appears again.
it never happened with stock kernel so I think it's the guilty. Happened 3 times in one week with this kernel.
also, if you build a new version, it could be a very good idea to update twrp to 2.8.6 (so good to access sdcard phone and be able to use adb too)
there is also the bug of 1970 dates. there is a workaround: if i use integrated recovery of my rom dates are ok (I can post ramdisk and recovery stuff if you want)

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip dmesg.zip - [Click for QR Code] (24.6 KB, 6 views)
24th June 2015, 09:41 PM |#744  
Flag Rio de Janeiro

More
"fota partition support". For some reason I'm not able to flash a recovery with fastboot but I did it with dd if=twrp.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11
But at kernel boot I can't enter this flashed recovery. I tried vol+, vol- and camera btn.
Anyone else or just me ??

[edit] also tried flashing with rashr app, nothing.
Last edited by sambastrakan; 25th June 2015 at 02:31 AM.
25th June 2015, 01:04 PM |#745  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambastrakan

"fota partition support". For some reason I'm not able to flash a recovery with fastboot but I did it with dd if=twrp.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11
But at kernel boot I can't enter this flashed recovery. I tried vol+, vol- and camera btn.
Anyone else or just me ??

[edit] also tried flashing with rashr app, nothing.

Thanks for pointing this out. It is highly possible that fota doesn't work. I'm not using it. I'll look at it when I have time.
29th June 2015, 10:50 PM |#746  
Flag Rio de Janeiro

More
Here is the dmesg log when the phone refuses to wake up.
If I use the stop and start commands in shell, the phone restarts, I can login while lockscreen is on. If I let lockscreen turing off the phone don't wake up, and anyway next time it will sleep it won't wake up. Full reboot needed to solve the problem until next time.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dmesg.zip - [Click for QR Code] (16.5 KB, 4 views)
9th July 2015, 12:25 PM |#747  
Utopia
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Governors along with performance profile module?
Greetings people,
I didn't find a version 9.1 q/a thread so I'll post this here. I'd like to test out the smartassv2 governor, but I'm currently using the performance profile xposed module (I've only customised the screen off and the lockscreen profile, nothing else). Will I face trouble or the phone will be working fine? I'm currently running the kernel without overclock (just the settings on the xposed module). If someone wants to know the exact settings of the module just tell me. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread