Thanks Meter: 4,715

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
28th March 2015, 02:28 AM |#181  
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thicklizard

Honestly if everything is working than it is more than alright. Since it's updated it includes fixes from htc.

Thanks, that was my thought as well. The only tweak I made was to 'lock frequency' since it wouldn't hold the low at 384Mhz on reboot. Working great on 4.4.3
The Following User Says Thank You to jdjohn For This Useful Post: [ View ]

2nd April 2015, 01:25 AM |#182  
Thanks Meter: 259

More
Kernel running great here

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Free mobile app
2nd July 2015, 11:29 PM |#183  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
@thicklizard Can anyone confirm that the Lollipop version of the kernel can be flashed on S-ON devices?
Would I run into a problem if I downloaded the kernel directly to my device, rebooted into TWRP, and tried to flash it from there?

Sorry for the noob question. New to changing kernels and I can't find the directions for just installing a kernel, not installing a whole new ROM.

My M7's current state: S-ON, Rooted, TWRP 2.8.4.0, Unlocked Bootloader, 5.02 Sense 6 Bad Boyz ROM, baseband 1.01.20.1225, build (radio?)# 6.16.651.2, current kernel 3.4.10-g705d141and@ABM011 #1 SMP PREEMPT , Sprint

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Hi,

Since posting this, have you updated to a Lollipop ROM and upgraded thicklizard's kernel to the Lollipop version? Are you still S-ON? Did you just download the kernel to your phone, reboot into TWRP, and flash it from there? I'm new to this, any help as far as steps you took to get the kernel running would be welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubexg

Sweet.. If that's the case, I'll flash it now and let you know shortly

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

And yes - confirmed it works with SON. Sweet. Thanks!

Last edited by allison1derland; 2nd July 2015 at 11:32 PM.
2nd July 2015, 11:35 PM |#184  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Crown Point
Thanks Meter: 4,715

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allison1derland

@thicklizard Can anyone confirm that the Lollipop version of the kernel can be flashed on S-ON devices?
Would I run into a problem if I downloaded the kernel directly to my device, rebooted into TWRP, and tried to flash it from there?

Sorry for the noob question. New to changing kernels and I can't find the directions for just installing a kernel, not installing a whole new ROM.

My M7's current state: S-ON, Rooted, TWRP 2.8.4.0, Unlocked Bootloader, 5.02 Sense 6 Bad Boyz ROM, baseband 1.01.20.1225, build (radio?)# 6.16.651.2, current kernel 3.4.10-g705d141and@ABM011 #1 SMP PREEMPT , Sprint

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Hi,

Since posting this, have you updated to a Lollipop ROM and upgraded thicklizard's kernel to the Lollipop version? Are you still S-ON? Did you just download the kernel to your phone, reboot into TWRP, and flash it from there? I'm new to this, any help as far as steps you took to get the kernel running would be welcome.

Yes, this will work being s-on, also you just flash it in twrp just like you would a rom or mod. Always remember if something fails either restore a nandroid or just dirty flash your rom again
The Following User Says Thank You to thicklizard For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2015, 01:09 AM |#185  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Much appreciated. Just flashed it from TWRP. Wiped the cache/delvick. Success. The main thing I wanted was dt2w, which I remember you said was enabled by default and have tested it and it works without any configuration. I will probably try Kernel Toolkit first only because it looks simpler and less intimidating than Trickster, but I might install Trickster later. Do you have set CPU frequencies or other setting values that increase battery life on the m7? Are they also defaults, or do they require the user to change them? Also, how does the swipe to sleep work? I can't figure it out. I've tried swiping from the top, from the bottom, and from the sides.

Update - 6 days later

The dt2w is great. It makes my phone feel like a fancy m8 or m9!
Haven't noticed a difference in battery life. Left it on the default cpu setting.
Using Nova launcher, so maybe that affects the swipe to sleep features that I can't seem to figure out?? Oh well. Good kernel. Thanks @thicklizard for the work, and for actively monitoring this thread
Last edited by allison1derland; 9th July 2015 at 07:54 PM. Reason: update
The Following User Says Thank You to allison1derland For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2015, 12:06 PM |#186  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allison1derland

Much appreciated. Just flashed it from TWRP. Wiped the cache/delvick. Success. The main thing I wanted was dt2w, which I remember you said was enabled by default and have tested it and it works without any configuration. I will probably try Kernel Toolkit first only because it looks simpler and less intimidating than Trickster, but I might install Trickster later. Do you have set CPU frequencies or other setting values that increase battery life on the m7? Are they also defaults, or do they require the user to change them? Also, how does the swipe to sleep work? I can't figure it out. I've tried swiping from the top, from the bottom, and from the sides.

Update - 6 days later

The dt2w is great. It makes my phone feel like a fancy m8 or m9!
Haven't noticed a difference in battery life. Left it on the default cpu setting.
Using Nova launcher, so maybe that affects the swipe to sleep features that I can't seem to figure out?? Oh well. Good kernel. Thanks @thicklizard for the work, and for actively monitoring this thread

The "swipe to sleep" is for the hardware buttons (back and home) ... you should try swipe from left to right over the hardware buttons to lock/unlock screen, or right to left to sleep the screen...you got the ideea now :P that`s how swipe to sleep works...

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

I noticed that with this kernel, hardware buttons are not lightened anymore, even if it`s dark outside...any chance to make them light when is dark ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread