FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

[Q] cannot flash ROMs, Recovery or official firmware on GT-P5100!!

49 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By LuCeiFeR, Member on 22nd April 2014, 08:49 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
27th June 2015, 10:38 AM |#21  
OP Member

More
I'm done with Samsung along time ago already

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to LuCeiFeR For This Useful Post: [ View ]

2nd July 2015, 11:52 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Same issue on my GT-P5110
Has anyone successfully 'recovered' their TAB from this problem?

I currently have CWM v6.0.5.0 installed with CM 11 (can't recall which version).

Just to summarise. the TAB is rebooting at bootscreen, loading screen, or within 20 seconds of loading into Android. It only actually successfully boots into the OS every 10 times or so.

I can boot into recovery or download mode. It will go through the motions of wiping data/cache/dalvik, but does not actually do it even though it says it has. I can even select install from ZIP to (re)install a new recovery or ROM. Again, it goes through the motions and says it was successful, when it still does not.

I can connect Odin (tried 3.07, 3.09, 3.10) and flash a new recovery or ROM. Again, the same result. It says it has worked when it hasn't. No error messages.

Last lines of the recovery log are:
I:Checking for extendedcommand...
I:Skipping execution of extendedcommand, file not found...
I:Cannot load volume /misc.
I:Can't partition non mmcblk device: /devices/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc1

I have also tried communicating with it using ADB, but no success. If the TAB is off, then adb will show a device connected, but if it is on (in recovery or download), then it doesn't see it.

I have not tried repartitioning using a PIT file yet...that's next on the list.

EDIT: Have just re-read (all) of the previous posts. Looks like it might be a faulty eMMC
Last edited by piobaire24; 2nd July 2015 at 12:16 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to piobaire24 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2015, 08:15 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by piobaire24

Has anyone successfully 'recovered' their TAB from this problem?

I currently have CWM v6.0.5.0 installed with CM 11 (can't recall which version).

Just to summarise. the TAB is rebooting at bootscreen, loading screen, or within 20 seconds of loading into Android. It only actually successfully boots into the OS every 10 times or so.

I can boot into recovery or download mode. It will go through the motions of wiping data/cache/dalvik, but does not actually do it even though it says it has. I can even select install from ZIP to (re)install a new recovery or ROM. Again, it goes through the motions and says it was successful, when it still does not.

I can connect Odin (tried 3.07, 3.09, 3.10) and flash a new recovery or ROM. Again, the same result. It says it has worked when it hasn't. No error messages.

Last lines of the recovery log are:
I:Checking for extendedcommand...
I:Skipping execution of extendedcommand, file not found...
I:Cannot load volume /misc.
I:Can't partition non mmcblk device: /devices/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc1

I have also tried communicating with it using ADB, but no success. If the TAB is off, then adb will show a device connected, but if it is on (in recovery or download), then it doesn't see it.

I have not tried repartitioning using a PIT file yet...that's next on the list.

EDIT: Have just re-read (all) of the previous posts. Looks like it might be a faulty eMMC

Send it to JTAG service

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk
6th July 2015, 11:26 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
it happen to me now
8th July 2015, 05:45 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Database Booting persistantly to old rom/s or flashing to wrong partition XX
Ok it sounds to me like you maybe at one time installed a dual boot rom or Ubuntu touch and added the second bootable partition and are getting stuck on it. I did the Ubuntu touch and also tried dualbooting roms and had problems with booting to the right partitions so try to remove any bootable or cloned partitions other than the one that is used for the OS normally. This has to be the reason you are stuck on wrong rom so try to boot into other partition or find the dualbooting rom you installed if that is the case so you can use the uninstaller of the dualbooting recovery's. Also look for the option in your recovery that may be labled boot to other rom or find the option in advanced menu.

At last bet boot into your cm rom that works and disable persistence, then reboot to recovery and go to advanced options and disable recovery flash and be sure to disable the update cwm recovery option if it exists in the settings of the rom.

Remember flashing success with no actual results means your flashing to unknown partition!! Find that scallywag!!! LOL
Last edited by wayne kane; 8th July 2015 at 05:50 AM. Reason: additions of content
11th July 2015, 02:29 AM |#26  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne kane

Ok it sounds to me like you maybe at one time installed a dual boot rom or Ubuntu touch and added the second bootable partition and are getting stuck on it. I did the Ubuntu touch and also tried dualbooting roms and had problems with booting to the right partitions so try to remove any bootable or cloned partitions other than the one that is used for the OS normally. This has to be the reason you are stuck on wrong rom so try to boot into other partition or find the dualbooting rom you installed if that is the case so you can use the uninstaller of the dualbooting recovery's. Also look for the option in your recovery that may be labled boot to other rom or find the option in advanced menu.

At last bet boot into your cm rom that works and disable persistence, then reboot to recovery and go to advanced options and disable recovery flash and be sure to disable the update cwm recovery option if it exists in the settings of the rom.

Remember flashing success with no actual results means your flashing to unknown partition!! Find that scallywag!!! LOL

I think that no one have installed a dual boot rom. For sure i did not 😃 except on my old HTC Evo. It requires a specific kernels to withstand the exhausting process of dual booting, and Samsung devices is not that strong to cope with that.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread