BeanStalk Build *Developers ONLY* Updated 12.9.2015 - Support and Assistance Thread.

Search This thread

liv3dn8as

Dec 19, 2009
Hixton
Working 5.1 Build?

anyone having any luck getting a 5.1 build? I build for Verizon LG 2 & 3 and builds just fine on 5.0 but as soon as I try 5.1 i get the error 41. From the looks of it, it is a Java issue but not sure. I'd really hate to see BeanStalk go away! :crying:

PWn3R

Dec 10, 2010
Flagstaff
Nexus 7
Motorola Droid X
liv3dn8as - I haven't been able to get a build working. I have an idea I'm going to try to get one working at a later date. Based on Scotts new picture on XDA I would say he has a baby and that's probably why he's been MIA and that's COMPLETELY understandable. Hopefully everything is good with Scott and we can get this thing working again. :)

liv3dn8as

Dec 19, 2009
Hixton
Thanks @PWn3R! I went back to 5.0 for the time being. So far everything is going ok. Started pulling things into my own github. Building a successful vs985 with Linaro 4.8/4.9 atm! :)

Edit: Just realized he, @scott.hart.bti, changed his profile pic! Yai! Still no movement on github though! I'm keeping my eye on it though! :)

Last edited:

scott.hart.bti

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 19, 2012
Reading
Thanks @PWn3R! I went back to 5.0 for the time being. So far everything is going ok. Started pulling things into my own github. Building a successful vs985 with Linaro 4.8/4.9 atm! :)

Edit: Just realized he, @scott.hart.bti, changed his profile pic! Yai! Still no movement on github though! I'm keeping my eye on it though! :)

Sorry for the lack of progress and updates! I've been very busy the past couple months with working at a new job and time spent with a new girlfriend. I recently upgraded my phone to the lg g4 and want to start building and updating my repos again. Problem is, root hasn't been released by a couple devs for my device yet. As soon as they do release the root exploit, I will start getting everything up to date. Beanstalk is not dead yet.

Sent from my LG-H810 using XDA Free mobile app

fizbanrapper

Jan 19, 2014
Sorry for the lack of progress and updates! I've been very busy the past couple months with working at a new job and time spent with a new girlfriend. I recently upgraded my phone to the lg g4 and want to start building and updating my repos again. Problem is, root hasn't been released by a couple devs for my device yet. As soon as they do release the root exploit, I will start getting everything up to date. Beanstalk is not dead yet.

That's great news Scott! Too many don't have their priorities straight. Glad you're not burning the candle at both ends.

Not going to lie though, I look forward to syncing up to do M8 builds!

scott.hart.bti

Mar 19, 2012
Reading
That's great news Scott! Too many don't have their priorities straight. Glad you're not burning the candle at both ends.

Not going to lie though, I look forward to syncing up to do M8 builds!

Yea seems like all I've been doing is working, seeing girlfriend, taking care of kid, and sleeping. Can't wait to get builds up and running once g4 root is released. I'd start getting everything updated now, but I don't like pushing anything to my github unless I'm personally using it so I know what's working and what needs improvement.

patch_Adams

May 21, 2013
northwoods USA
Huawei P30 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
Yea seems like all I've been doing is working, seeing girlfriend, taking care of kid, and sleeping. Can't wait to get builds up and running once g4 root is released. I'd start getting everything updated now, but I don't like pushing anything to my github unless I'm personally using it so I know what's working and what needs improvement.

Scott! I'm I the g4 too....Verizon...and I'm happy to help down the road once root gets released...

liv3dn8as

Dec 19, 2009
Hixton

Completely understandable! While I haven't had a new girlfriend in years, as I've been married for over 9yrs now, my wife and i have 4 kids so i understand how much time they can take up! :) Super pumped to know you are back and looking forward to some updates!!! :D

scott.hart.bti

Mar 19, 2012
Reading
Good news guys. I'll start working on getting everything up to speed hopefully early next week. I decided to take a hit in the pocket and pick up a n6 so I can get started... Couldn't wait any longer on the g4. I'll start pushing to my github as soon as possible. Also im gonna start getting the official page with the graphics to use so everything looks official again.

I'll update here with progress.

sleshepic

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 18, 2011
PA
Would love to bring stalk to Kltespr again when ready, gonna sync up 5.1 of what's avail. Thanks man for your work

PWn3R

Dec 10, 2010
Flagstaff
Nexus 7
Motorola Droid X
Good news guys. I'll start working on getting everything up to speed hopefully early next week. I decided to take a hit in the pocket and pick up a n6 so I can get started... Couldn't wait any longer on the g4. I'll start pushing to my github as soon as possible. Also im gonna start getting the official page with the graphics to use so everything looks official again.

Great news man! Glad to hear all is well with you. There's a lot of people here that have been loving your ROM more than you know, and a few of us tinkerers that can build for other devices, but don't know how to fix the bigger problems!

scott.hart.bti

Mar 19, 2012
Reading
I'm registered on a few of the fileshare sites... I'll get it figured out and let everyone know...

So after getting shafted by some loser on eBay for a device, I picked up another phone and have been working on it a bit... As you guys have or have not seen I pushed a few new things to my github.

Here is the main thing ... I'm debating holding off on 5.1 and waiting for android M since its right around the corner. 5.1 is basically like 6 months old and pretty much every other build has done things for it... At this point I feel it'd just be redundant to get caught up... Thoughts?

Reactions: sleshepic

sleshepic

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 18, 2011
PA
I'm registered on a few of the fileshare sites... I'll get it figured out and let everyone know...

So after getting shafted by some loser on eBay for a device, I picked up another phone and have been working on it a bit... As you guys have or have not seen I pushed a few new things to my github.

Here is the main thing ... I'm debating holding off on 5.1 and waiting for android M since its right around the corner. 5.1 is basically like 6 months old and pretty much every other build has done things for it... At this point I feel it'd just be redundant to get caught up... Thoughts?

That, of course, is up to how you feel, your inkling on it. I can't speak for all, but feel like I can speak for all in saying, do what you do, whatever is, is appreciated

I can't help much more than basic building and bug fixes, but if I can help in that regard hit me up, be it 5.1 or M

liv3dn8as

Dec 19, 2009
Hixton
is there an easy way to change the color/transparency of the App Drawer background before building? I've found some guides but they seem to be post-build and i never get the result i want! maybe the ability to change it could be in the next version? :)

Edit: I realized shortly after posting this that the "Vertical" view of the App Drawer is already transparent. So hopefully with some more research I'll be able to answer my own question! Just been a bit busy studying for my CCNP R&S and DC! :)

Last edited:

spezi77

Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jan 27, 2013
/home/less
Hey there!

Just my two cents..
I'd like very much to see a 5.1 as it comes with quite a few improvements in terms of stability and security (stagefright). I am also building for legacy devices, and I definitely prefer a lightweight BS ROM over a CM as it feels more snappy.

I could try to help a little with merging, but cannot give any promises..

Cheers! :D

liv3dn8as

Dec 19, 2009
Hixton
hey all! any updates on this ROM yet? I'd really hate to see this ROM die! It's the only one i want to use! If it's up to me to keep it alive, i will do just that! Just need to know! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner4.jpg

This thread has been opened to help avoid clutter in the original BeanStalk thread and to provide a centralized place to assist developers and porters with any issues they may be having with providing BeanStalk versions to their devices.

I will try my best to help out with any issue that is listed, but please remember that there are things that may be out of my control or things that im not aware of. I am hoping with creating a centralized thread for developmental discussion, other developers will also be able to assist when issues arise.

BeanStalk sources can be found HERE

UPDATE 12/14/2015
    FYI... Beanstalk 6.01 was launched for nexus 6 (angler) this past weekend... Please take a moment to view the thread a d follow the new OP design (obviously change what's needed for your device) if building for a new device http://xdaforums.com/nexu...2015-t3269156/

UPDATE 12/9/2015
    Good news BeanStalk builders... After what seems like forever, its safe to say that BeanStalk is up and running and ready for android Marshmallow 6 builds. It is still based on CM as prior versions have been. I am taking a bit of a different approach this time though. Instead of having a specific menu from the main settings screen with the extras that I am adding in, I decided to integrate all the additional features into the existing CM settings menus... So added features will be in all areas of the build. I am going to be maintaining for the Nexus 6P (Angler) and plan on opening the OP Thread later this evening (time permitting of course)... The big change is going to be where the BeanStalk files are stored. With the fall of Goo manager, I had to find another file server. I am registered with a few files servers, but decided to use romwarehouse and would like to try to keep the builds from other devices stored there as well (for OTA purposes). This is the main address where the device folders will be listed http://romwarehouse.com/scott.hart.bti/beanstalk/

Please contact me via hangouts or gmail (scott.hart.bti@gmail.com) so that I can setup your device folder and provide username and password information.

I will need to create a new OP for the BeanStalk threads. If anyone would like to get something created, that would be a big help. Once the OP is created, I would like everyone else to use the same format.

Important build related Info and fixes:
    BeanStalk builds will not be implementing any of the new cmparts code. Instead, BS will keep the old format with the advanced device settings options. This means that you need to make sure that your device repo has the advanced settings code available and you need to make sure you revert any changes that you pull from CM that are for the new cmparts... if you have the cmparts commits in your device repo, it will cause build errors since it wont be in the frameworks/settings repos.

If you are a current BeanStalk builder/maintainer: I currently was setup with a website thanks to a friend of mine and it is located at www.scotthartbti.com. The main point of me setting up a website is a way to centralize all the different beanstalk builds out there. So, what im going to need from you guys... Please email me at scott.hart.bti@gmail.com, gtalk me at scott.hart.bti@gmail.com, or message me on xda with the device you build for and a link to where your zip files are located for download. I will then add a link to my website to your downloads.

So your interested in Building/Porting for another device?! Follow this guide! **Please make sure to give proper credits and Use the layout i have in the first post.** - If you need assistance, please send me a PM, do NOT post questions in this thread. I may open a general porting/building thread in another section depending on how this goes. You must have some general experience/knowledge in this area to complete this. Building from Linux platforms. In particular Ubuntu 10.04

Setup to build - This section can be skipped if youve ever built anything before. This is for first time build setup.
    1. From your root terminal location, type the following: sudo apt-get install curl git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential zip curl libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev sun-java6-jdk pngcrush schedtool g++-multilib lib32z1-dev lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline5-dev gcc-4.3-multilib g++-4.3-multilib
    2. Type: mkdir ~/bin
    3. Type: PATH=~/bin:$PATH
    4. Type: curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
    5. Type: chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

From terminal
    1. type 'cd'. This will bring you to your root folder.
    2. type 'mkdir beanstalk'. This will create a folder named beanstalk.
    3. type 'cd beanstalk'. This will take you to the beanstalk directory created from previous step
    4. type 'repo init -u git://github.com/scotthartbti/android.git -b cm-10.1'. This will setup the folders to be synced.
    5. type 'repo sync'. This will sync the folders to your beanstalk directory. Note - This will take some time depending on internet connection. Be patient!
    6. After the repo sync finally finishes, all you need to do is add your device, kernel, vendor specific files for the device you are building for. (You must know what these are, dont bother asking me if your not sure.)
    7. Make sure all your device specific files are setup as if you were going to build for CM.
    8. Outside of terminal, navigate to beanstalk/vendor/cm. Double click on the get-prebuilts file and select run in terminal. This will fetch necessary files needed to build and place them where they need to be.
    9. Type '. build/envsetup.sh && brunch "device name"'
    10. Previous step will start building beanstalk for your device. The process takes anywhere from 1 - 3 hours depending on your computer.
    11. Once completed, it will say package complete and you will have a beanstalk named zip file in your out folder.

Thanks for this. The cm changes have been hourly for skyrocket it seems.
    I was wondering. Will you be staying with 4.2.2 as official build until 4.3 stabilizes?

Good question and i meant to address this earlier, but got side tracked. Since a majority of my time will need to go into 4.3, i really dont have an option but to stop development for 4.2.2. I pushed out most of the fixes last night and the jb43 branches should be ready to go. There are still a few issues i need to work out, but nothing major. Id say its about 90% working right now. You guys should be able to sync and build as long as you have all your device/kernel changes needed for the Android 4.3 system. In order to sync the new branches for 4.3, you can use the same root path as you used for 4.2.2 and follow these steps:

repo init -u git://github.com/scotthartbti/android.git -b jb43
    repo sync

Thats all. Your ready to build. Please note that since this is not 100 percent yet, you may want to hold off a couple days on releasing anything. I plan on officially releasing BeanStalk 4.3 tomorrow night.
    Ok guys things are looking good for getting the new theme engine working on Beanstalk. Couple of bugs to work out yet but very close. I just wanted to keep you posted.
    Then I am going to build it for the One Plus and update for hammerhead.
    Take care all.
    For those of you watching the github for beanstalk 4.3 (branches jb43), You have seen that i have been putting in alot of work. The past few days i have been working on squaring away the errors from merging the 4.3 source code and believe me when i say that there were a **** ton of them! But, I am glad to announce that beanstalk 4.3 is now completely building. I have not pushed out the fixes needed to build yet as i want to test everything on my end first and fix anything that may have been missed. With all that said, you should see the fixes and necessary commits pushed out here today or hopefully tomorrow at the latest. I will post once everything has been pushed to my github.

Im not sure about any of the other devices, but i know for my device (Samsung Infuse4g) there are a few commits that are needed in order to build for Android 4.3 correctly. Please make sure that you go through and add any necessary commits needed on your end.