FORUMS

Moto X Style, Moto X Play and Moto G Forums Are Here!

The latest family members of the new generation of Motorola devices are … more

Galaxy Unpacked: What is Samsung Going to Unveil?

Amidst all the hype of the OnePlus 2 and the rain of Moto 2015 news, Samsung tried … more

Arrow Launcher: Good Effort Without Direction

Microsoft’s Android expansion has been well received on the productivity front, but … more

Two New Moto X and New Moto G – Specs & Details

Today’s Moto event just ended and now we have a clear look at all of … more

[GUIDE] how to root Sph-L710/L710T S3 4.4.2

1,655 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,084

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th July 2015, 03:59 PM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GF Geek

Well, nothing matches up with the OP.

What does it show for Device Name? Also, could you verify the Model Number? Mine shows SPH-L710, which this Thread is for . . .

Device Name: SPH-L710T Boost Mobile
Model NUmber: SPH-L710T
I thought this thread was for SPH-L710T and SPH-L710?

11th July 2015, 04:07 PM |#152  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypton

Device Name: SPH-L710T Boost Mobile
Model NUmber: SPH-L710T
I thought this thread was for SPH-L710T and SPH-L710?

You're right - it IS for the SPH-L710 and L710T -- the Model No you had before threw me off (that's easy to do -- lol). So, we're barking up the right tree here. Let me see what this OA3 build is -- I'm not familiar with that one, and it's not one listed in the OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to GF Geek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2015, 04:17 PM |#153  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GF Geek

You're right - it IS for the SPH-L710 and L710T -- the Model No you had before threw me off (that's easy to do -- lol). So, we're barking up the right tree here. Let me see what this OA3 build is -- I'm not familiar with that one, and it's not one listed in the OP.

Maybe its a new build? or something? idk.. Maan i thought rooting was going to be a 5 min thing aha, turns out to be a 2 day thing... smh lol
11th July 2015, 04:29 PM |#154  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypton

Maybe its a new build? or something? idk.. Maan i thought rooting was going to be a 5 min thing aha, turns out to be a 2 day thing... smh lol

Looks like OA3 was just released early 2015 -- AFTER these rooting methods were released by 6th_Hokage. Looks like you're in pioneer territory for now. I did a quick search and don't see anything related to rooting your device with this newer build - I'd recommend you don't do anything with the procedures in this thread (so far) until there's some more info about the OA3 build.

BTW - Rooting can be a 5 minute thing -- it's the research, etc that turns into a 2 day exploration

6th_Hokage --- H E L P !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to GF Geek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2015, 06:41 PM |#155  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Osos
Thanks Meter: 1,084

More
OA3 is the update after NF4 so what works for NF4 should work with OA3, some have said they went back to NF4 to root their S3 but, everywhere you look it says if you do that Knox will make it a brick....
Last edited by 6th_Hokage; 11th July 2015 at 06:44 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread