Originally Posted by mielletseed
I've got a GT-I9195X Live Demo Unit to and turned it into a "Galaxy WiFi Player" with CM11.
All seems to be running well except telephony (it has no antenna / gsm module) and compass - even GPS works.
What did I do
- repartitioning with Odin, using the PIT file for I9195 to get the full 8 GB instead of only 4 GB
- flashing the TWRP for the I9195 (did it together with the repartitioning)
- booting into TWRP and formatting data (this is important since /data is not recognized after repartitioning)
- flashing CM11 for I9195 in TWRP
- booting CM11 and deactivating (freezing) telephony and telephony storage and rebooting - otherwise we have a huge battery drain from telephony standby
- enjoying the new media player
I'm sure you also could use a stock rom for I9195 if you prepare it like described in other threads (remove modem and other files not relevant for the demo unit)
I tried what you said here and failed. I have TWRP successfully, but I cant flash the rom. I worry if I did the repartitioning righ, I dont know. Anyway, now Im stuck with flashing in twrp. When I flash with a rom, it says: E: unable to mount preload, and it fails. If I do that thing with modem and others, like you say, will it work? Thanks