FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[JUN 30] SkyDragon | Google Play Edition v3.0.1 | 4.4.4 | 2.12.1700.1 | OTA SUPPORT | SD Kernel 2.0.1

3,041 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,916

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th March 2015, 09:04 PM |#81  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,096

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridus

Hey guys, I have been running GPE for quite some time, it worked fine for me but I am interested in returning to stock Sense.

I've been trying to figure out how to from this GPE v3.0.1 with SD Kernel 2.0.1 but am having difficulty returning to stock. I am still S-ON which probably complicates things. I have tried using SunShine to get S-OFF but it tells me that I am using a debugging enabled rom so it can not S-OFF. I am unsure what ROM I can flash which will allow me to run SunShine. Any ideas on what steps I should take to return to stock?

Thank you so much, I really appreciate any help.

If s-on, you must have just flashed the GPE ROM (did not do a "full" GPE conversion). So just flash a stockish Sense ROM that corresponds to your firmware (hboot, radio).
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

26th March 2015, 09:07 PM |#82  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thanks, I figured it out. I probably was over thinking because it wasn't actually GPE conversion as you said. Thanks again for your response!
29th March 2015, 02:32 PM |#83  
Flag State College, PA
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Unistalling Xposed Installer
I tried to use the Sunshine app to gain S-OFF, but the system test says I need to uninstall Xposed before proceeding.

I'm not seeing an option to uninstall. Here's hoping I don't need to flash another ROM to gain S-OFF
8th April 2015, 06:07 AM |#84  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
This used to work but something changed. I couldn't figure it out so moved to a lollipop sense ROM
12th June 2015, 11:18 AM |#85  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckinPA

I tried to use the Sunshine app to gain S-OFF, but the system test says I need to uninstall Xposed before proceeding.

I'm not seeing an option to uninstall. Here's hoping I don't need to flash another ROM to gain S-OFF

Nope just reflash the rom to uninstall Xposed
13th July 2015, 05:18 PM |#86  
seattle
Thanks Meter: 0

More
any idea on how to stop OTA updates? none of the suggested methods have worked so far.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread