FORUMS

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

An Inside Look at the Redesign of Business Calendar

The much-acclaimed calendar app, Business Calendar, underwent a major design … more

New Android One Device Dead On Arrival

Today, Google announced the second generation of Android One devices, with the new Lava Pixel … more

OnePlus 2 Leaked, Actually Prettier Than Expected

The OnePlus 2 launch event is mere hours away, and we have been treated to clear, … more

[Japanese L-01F] Root your L-01F [HOWTO]

78 posts
Thanks Meter: 124

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
12th July 2015, 06:37 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
LG G2 (Japanese L-01F)
I am trying to upgrade to Kitkat from my stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2. on my LG G2 (Japanese L-01F). Mine's a NTT Docomo phone (jail breaked by docomo). When I try to upgrade it says it cant be done when not in service or when out of docomo network available region. So to bypass that I understand from XDA forums that the phone shud be rooted and then install kitkat. So I have followed the above procedure (1,2,3,9). It was successful but I am not sure how to go ahead and install kitkat. Can anyone explain step by step how to do that.
Last edited by android#15; 12th July 2015 at 06:42 PM.

13th July 2015, 06:59 PM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by creaturecool

It looks like you're using the Superninja root method. For me, that didn't work and I had the same error.

KBC rooting method.

I
Download the attached .zip file for rooting.
Turn your phone on.
Go to About Phone in Settings.
Tap Build Number 7 times to enable Developer Options
Go to Developer Options and tick Android Debugging or USB Debugging (I forget what it's called)
Connect phone via USB to your PC.
Select USB charging only mode from notifications on your g2.
Unzip the g2_support_tool_v1.7
Double click the file runme.bat
Follow the order in the CMD window.

1. Image backup
2. Install Custom Recovery
3. Get a permanent root (with superuser)

Do 1, then 2, then 3 in that order. If you are successful your phone will reboot automatically and install superuser in CWM.
Do not disconnect your phone.

If you are able to complete 1, 2, and 3, then you can select 9 to exit the root tool and disconnect your phone.

To boot into recovery, turn phone off, then while turning it on again, hold the power button and volume up button (note: USB must be disconnected otherwise it will go into download mode)

After did this and click SuperSU it says - "There is no SU Binary Installed and super user cant install it. This is a problem!" ..
what to do now?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread