There is no PIT partition. Odin problem

Search This thread

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008
Ok guys, I'm trying to recover a note 2, the note2 was using like a normal day, but it reboot and doesnt pass the samsung logo, as usual, the first thing was a wipe from recover, so, when they did a wipe from recovery, it drop some errors, (I wasnt there so i dont know what kind of errors) and now, the phone doesnt even show the initial logo, Just a white screen. I can enter into download mode, but every time odin stop with a error There is no PIT partition.

The rom was stock 4.3, no rooted. In odin the information is:

Odin Mode
Product Name: GT-N7100
Custom Binary Download: No
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Custom
Knox Warranty Void: 0
AP SWREV:

I think it show custom because i try to flash a custom recovery to see if I can do a wipe or install a custom rom, but still the There is no PIT partition.

So, i am thinking to flash a pit, but i only found http://d-h.st/Dlv and I dont know if its compatible with 4.3 roms. I cant use the recovery firmware because they are 4.1.2 and as far I know, i cant downgrade 4.3 to 4.1.2 because knox bootloader. Any Idea?
Or can I use that pit file with 4.3 rom?

Ok, I try with the PIT, in the first box where is the ID:COM it say Set Partition, in the status log it say Get PIT for mapping.. and nothing happens, is stuck. So even with a pit file i cant flash :/

Last edited:

vagsvag

Nov 17, 2009
Athens
Samsung Galaxy Note II
i9100
I had this problem 2 times after installing aokp and cm 4.4.2 fw and tried to flash stock after. The solution was to flash with pit file, closed Internet, and older version of Odin, exactly Odin 3v1.87. The fw I flashed was 4.1.2 but I don't think you have problem with 4.3. Every other version of Odin was failing, 3.07, 3.0.9 all was stuck at partition.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: lorddavid

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008
Odin 1.87? ok, I only try 1.85, 3.07 and 3.09. And always fail the pit, i try with a z3x box and the same.

I will try, but later, I send it to a friend to try Jtag :/

Thanks for the advice, If they still dont do Jtag I will post back if it work

PD: Jtag was a good idea? :/ it will cost me like 50 dollars but my friend need his note urgent because he doesnt has other phone

Last edited:

vagsvag

Nov 17, 2009
Athens
Samsung Galaxy Note II
i9100
I think is not necessary jtag, your phone seems ok, try before flashing to put the battery out for 3 minutes and check the processes at win task manager to don't run any kies process also close the Internet because odin communicates with Samsung server to check version etc. If you can't find 1.87 post to upload it.

Last edited:
Reactions: lorddavid

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008
If you have odin 1.87 give me the link please, that about odin communicate with samsung, i didnt now that. I will ask for the note2 on monday. Everything was working, and all of a sudden the problem start

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008
Hi, just get today the note 2 again. I try with odin 1.87. It fails. They wasnt able to do jtag too (maybe they dont know how) So, I think is hardware problem :/ Everything is ok, no kies, no internet, still fail in repartition

ozyk100

Dec 20, 2010
Zagreb
Hi, just get today the note 2 again. I try with odin 1.87. It fails. They wasnt able to do jtag too (maybe they dont know how) So, I think is hardware problem :/ Everything is ok, no kies, no internet, still fail in repartition

Have you actually tried recovery firmware through kies?
I believe you should give it a chance if you haven't already, I know that it's not supposed to downgrade but it's called "recovery software" for a reason!

Also, maybe you should try to flash official kitkat 4.4.2 through Odin 3.09

Please report back

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008
the problem is that everything say partition problem. example <ID:0/030> Re-Partition operation failed. I give the note back to my friend, I already give up. But I will tell him to try. If he do it, I will report back

ozyk100

Dec 20, 2010
Zagreb
the problem is that everything say partition problem. example <ID:0/030> Re-Partition operation failed. I give the note back to my friend, I already give up. But I will tell him to try. If he do it, I will report back

I believe that the phone can be saved thorough kies recovery, I saved my Mega 6.3 that way, there was also re-partition problems!
Anyway, I hope you will figure it out!

vagsvag

Nov 17, 2009
Athens
Samsung Galaxy Note II
i9100

I am sorry about this situation, in my tower which i have win 8.1 x64 enterprise I can't flash anything with odin and the reason are the drivers, connecting starting to flash and fail at last and if i remember well is giving different reason time to time. I am using a 5 years old laptop for flashing. In this post has newer 2014 sammy drivers, maybe you can give a try, also maybe try to flash it from another machine.
Generally the white screen is suspicious but if logo is ok means that recognize the emmc, I don't know what to say.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=961956

Last edited:

diggu70

Dec 22, 2007
i a, having the same issue ?? did u figure out the problem exactly else i have to change the motherboad only to ger the device alive again..!

grwalker

Aug 21, 2014
Holzhausen
i have the same problem. No matter what i tried i couldn't get past the PIT problem. I have been working on the issue for 4 months. I sent it to a guy and he said it was the eMMC chip had failed.

I would love to know if there is a way to fix this otherwise

JCESAR2

Mar 19, 2009
pit partition problem galaxy note 2

let me know if you still need help with this i found a way to fix it. at least it worked for me

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
let me know if you still need help with this i found a way to fix it. at least it worked for me
Post it without asking. You never know who might get helped.

Regarding PIT thing, I don't understand what somebody could have done in Recovery to destroy Partition Table?
Anyways, try flashing PIT with Full Firmware (generally 4 separate files).

Good luck !

LSPD

Aug 16, 2015
i have the same problem HELP !

Hi guys, i have the same problem with my GALAXY NOTE 2 : There is no PIT partition (odin software)

Pls if somone can help ? Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had this problem 2 times after installing aokp and cm 4.4.2 fw and tried to flash stock after. The solution was to flash with pit file, closed Internet, and older version of Odin, exactly Odin 3v1.87. The fw I flashed was 4.1.2 but I don't think you have problem with 4.3. Every other version of Odin was failing, 3.07, 3.0.9 all was stuck at partition.

I think is not necessary jtag, your phone seems ok, try before flashing to put the battery out for 3 minutes and check the processes at win task manager to don't run any kies process also close the Internet because odin communicates with Samsung server to check version etc. If you can't find 1.87 post to upload it.

View attachment tmp_Odin3v1.871823824230.rar
    If u r using windows 8, 8.1 check your drivers too.
    Dear Mr JCESAR2

Yes i would really love to know how you fixed it.

Please let us all know

Danke