Removing S Finder and Quick connect from Notification Panel?

Search This thread

danfalcas

Feb 9, 2012
San José
No guarantees.

aTAU9h3.png

Remount /system rw.
Delete existing SystemUI.apk and odex file in /system/priv-app/
Copy this version in. Ensure permissions are correct.
Reboot and enjoy.

Someone else less lazy can make it a flashable zip if they want.
this works. But the location icon when it's finding the location, changes to a couple of arrows.

dlemma

Jun 5, 2012
How can I remove it on lollipop ROM (Echoe V22)?

Hi, I have installed Echoe ROM v22 on my Note 3. Since it is based on lollipop and hence Exposed framework is not supported, how can I remove the toggles?
Thanks

TheArtiszan

Jun 12, 2009
Will need to look under that devices section to see if anyone has made a modified systemui to get rid of it.
Currently xposed doesn't work on lollipop and will probably be a while before it does.

CronKz

May 11, 2015
Easy Soloution!

Hello, this thread might be outdated but for me it was a current topic and i didn't want do open a new thread. So I just found this tutorial.
1. You need a rooted device and a Root Explorer (Make sure you have Read/Write permissions enabled.
2. Browse to the root folder from there to the system folder.
3. Make a Backup of the "build.prop" file - just in case...
4. Edit the file with a Text Editor and search for the line "ro.product.name="
5. Now if there is like for example "jfltexx" edit the name until "XXXlte" -> delete everything that's behind "lte"
6. Add "vzw" or "att" behind "lte" -> for example "jfltevzw" and save the file.
7. Now reboot and it's done!

Source:
gs6[dot]wonderhowto[dot]com/how-to/remove-s-finder-quick-connect-buttons-from-your-galaxy-s6s-notification-panel-0161738/
This should work on every android 5.0+ device (didn't test it out)

Hope I could help you guys out :) Worked fine for me :D

lingowistico

Jan 4, 2013
Stockholm
goo.gl
Hello, this thread might be outdated but for me it was a current topic and i didn't want do open a new thread. So I just found this tutorial.
1. You need a rooted device and a Root Explorer (Make sure you have Read/Write permissions enabled.
2. Browse to the root folder from there to the system folder.
3. Make a Backup of the "build.prop" file - just in case...
4. Edit the file with a Text Editor and search for the line "ro.product.name="
5. Now if there is like for example "jfltexx" edit the name until "XXXlte" -> delete everything that's behind "lte"
6. Add "vzw" or "att" behind "lte" -> for example "jfltevzw" and save the file.
7. Now reboot and it's done!

Source:
gs6[dot]wonderhowto[dot]com/how-to/remove-s-finder-quick-connect-buttons-from-your-galaxy-s6s-notification-panel-0161738/
This should work on every android 5.0+ device (didn't test it out)

Hope I could help you guys out :) Worked fine for me :D
*ALL TESTING DONE ON 900F ALEXANDRS DEVBASE BOE3 (NOT BOE5)*
*the issues I am having might be firmware dependent*

Changed mine to vzw and it worked, but.. It also changed the 4G icon to a 4GLTE icon, it changed the brightness bar so that it can't be changed while in auto mode, the wifi hotspot icon is also changed. And systemui crashes on boot and everytime I run an app in landscape mode.. The taskmanager/clear all apps icons in recents are changed to text. Gonna try changing to att now :)

EDIT: Tried changing to att and the 4GLTE and WiFi hotspot icons changed again. The 4GLTE icon is a new one and the hotspot icon is the same as the standard 900F icon. Also, att forces the operator name to be shown in statusbar. SystemUI crashes on boot just like with vzw BUT that's the only time it crashes, unlike vzw where SystemUI crashes in landscape mode too.

EDIT#2: So, after changing to vzw then att then vzw and then att again, att crashes in landscape mode too. I guess it's an odex/kernel issue, because I've wiped cache & dalvik but it persists.

EDIT#3: here's a screenshot of the systemUI crash because of landscape mode / rotation.

EDIT#4: vzw works perfect without any issues on Sixperience 3.0. Pic attached :)

Attachments

• vzw1.png
    vzw1.png
    233.6 KB · Views: 522
  • vzw2.png
    vzw2.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 508
  • att1.jpg
    att1.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 527
  • att2.png
    att2.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 471
  • Screenshot_2015-06-05-12-53-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-05-12-53-13.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 467
  • Screenshot_2015-06-05-13-41-49.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-05-13-41-49.png
    203.5 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:
Reactions: tenxo

esjames

Nov 8, 2013
Cheriton
Google Pixel 7 Pro
The above method does work, but being on the VZW (verizon) breaks 2G/EDGE connectivity. Going into More Networks under setting shows it changed the phone to cdma mode, but works fine as long as there is LTE coverage.

esjames

Nov 8, 2013
Cheriton
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Let me correct myself for a bit, I did this all on android 4.4.2. I just tried it out on 5.0. The s-finder and quick connect goes away (cool!), but the settings still show settings for CDMA select (no biggie for me).

Stock - G900TUVU1DOB1 provided by TheSickness.

Same baseband/firmware/modem.

Reactions: lingowistico

lingowistico

Jan 4, 2013
Stockholm
goo.gl
Let me correct myself for a bit, I did this all on android 4.4.2. I just tried it out on 5.0. The s-finder and quick connect goes away (cool!), but the settings still show settings for CDMA select (no biggie for me).

Stock - G900TUVU1DOB1 provided by TheSickness.

Same baseband/firmware/modem.

Interesting, on alexandrs BOE3 devbase it seems to be causing rotation to fc systemui. Could be something I'm doing, but I doubt it. Try changing to att instead. AT&T is a gsm carrier. :good:
Like @CronKz said, they both work.

Last edited:

sasiskas

Sep 17, 2009
ro.product.name=......vzw worked for me, i got a dual sim chinese version of galaxy s4 with stock 5.0.1 firmware

update.
it works but it has side effects.
1. the symbols H, H+, G, 3G,E do not appear any more
2. the brightness adjustment is missing the "adjustable auto" mode.

Last edited:

Viqsi

Jul 13, 2014
Columbus, OH
Tried both 'vzw' and 'att' on my SM-N910C using T-Mobile and stock ROM (nothing changed beyond rooting). ro.product.name was "treltexx"; I deleted and replaced the "xx". In both cases, while the S-Finder and Quick Connect both did go away, I also lost cellular connectivity entirely - any time I tried to go to any mobile networks I'd get a (paraphrasing slightly) "Insert SIM card to access network settings" message. So I think I'm just going to live with their presence for now.

E

evenstill

Please Help, Stock G900T Files Needed ASAP!

//

Last edited:

badai

Jun 12, 2007
S Finder is a search app, by typing a few letters of anything, it will search almost anything on the phone apps, messages, contacts, email, notes etc.

i'm looking to find a way to remove it but ended up here and found out what s finder is. this is what i'm looking for, no need to scroll to find any app just use s finder. so i'm not removing it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No guarantees.

aTAU9h3.png

Remount /system rw.
    Reboot and enjoy.

No guarantees.

aTAU9h3.png

Remount /system rw.
    Reboot and enjoy.

Flashable zip. Should only be used on a deodexed rom.
    If you have xposed framework installed, give this a try... the app is also available in the Play Store...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I made a noob mistake and forgot to backup my systemUI.apk and systemUI.odex before I deleted them and the modded apk didn't seem to work. I have no UI right now, just my nova launcher to navigate. Could someone please upload a stock systemUI.apk and systemUI.odex so I can undo my mistake?

I will be very grateful

Hre is mine
    Many thanks, problem solved.
    I'm going to make a backup of my entire root folder before I do anything else... Just in case

Hit Thanks for me. will you ?