FORUMS

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'm using a new out of the box Verizon HTC One M8, Android v4.4.2, software version 1.12.605.11, Sense v6.0. I've managed to get root with WeakSauce easily enough. But I have to wait about 30 seconds after reboot for root to return after doing adb reboot from the Firewater instructions.

Once root returns, which is always does, I try running firewater and it just drops back to the command line, does nothing at all.

Any ideas? I could really use some help!
 
 
12th May 2014, 12:36 AM |#2  
Senior Member
San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
Yes I got the same thing

Sent from my HTC One VZW using Tapatalk 4
12th May 2014, 12:52 AM |#3  
titanshadow's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lexington, KY
Thanks Meter: 101
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldconfession13

Yes I got the same thing

Sent from my HTC One VZW using Tapatalk 4

I had to use my Windows machine (was trying on a Mac) to do it, then it worked. It shouldn't matter, but it did.
12th May 2014, 01:08 AM |#4  
Senior Member
San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
Oh I tried multiple times. It worked for mine but my bros phone no go

Sent from my HTC One VZW using Tapatalk 4
12th May 2014, 03:29 PM |#5  
titanshadow's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lexington, KY
Thanks Meter: 101
 
Donate to Me
More
Another post suggested using an alternate browser to download with.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk
13th May 2014, 05:31 AM |#6  
DroidRootz's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
any advice for someone that only has a mac ?

is it doable or do I really need a windows machine ?
13th May 2014, 02:45 PM |#7  
drzoo2's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidRootz

any advice for someone that only has a mac ?

is it doable or do I really need a windows machine ?

Read the last post in this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708628

There is nothing about Windows that adds any magic to the process. If anything, dealing with drivers adds another level of complexity. I have used Firewater S-off from Linux with no issues.

Sent from my LG-V500
The Following User Says Thank You to drzoo2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th May 2014, 07:12 PM |#8  
DroidRootz's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drzoo2

Read the last post in this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708628

There is nothing about Windows that adds any magic to the process. If anything, dealing with drivers adds another level of complexity. I have used Firewater S-off from Linux with no issues.

Thanks - that's the guide I followed and eventually got it all working

the weird thing on the mac is firewater downloads as a generic document instead of a unix executable file - once I changed that it worked correctly
15th July 2015, 05:56 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanshadow

I'm using a new out of the box Verizon HTC One M8, Android v4.4.2, software version 1.12.605.11, Sense v6.0. I've managed to get root with WeakSauce easily enough. But I have to wait about 30 seconds after reboot for root to return after doing adb reboot from the Firewater instructions.

Once root returns, which is always does, I try running firewater and it just drops back to the command line, does nothing at all.

Any ideas? I could really use some help!

same problem here, tried with windows, mac and linux and different browsers. Also tried with 2 different version of firewater bin
It just does not do anything.
any clue?
15th July 2015, 10:22 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigilentini8

same problem here, tried with windows, mac and linux and different browsers. Also tried with 2 different version of firewater bin
It just does not do anything.
any clue?

Firewater won't work no matter what version you use. It was server dependant and that server has been taken down. Sunshine or a Java card are the only options now. If you're on lollipop, the Java card is the only option you have at this time.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes