FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[APP] Sky Go for Android (UK ONLY)

795 posts
Thanks Meter: 69

By mcdevtingz, Senior Member on 20th February 2012, 09:43 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
5th February 2015, 12:50 PM |#3041  
Flag Bradford
Thanks Meter: 514

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumups

Hi, is it possible to stream Sky Go from a Samsung S3 mini?
We don't have a smart TV or chromecast or anything, but we have ps4, ps3, wii u and xbox 360 - I heard there's something called DLNA to stream to game consoles? Can you use DLNA with Sky Go on S3 mini?
Thanks for the help

In short no....
Edit hang on Xbox 360 supports sky doesn't it?

4th March 2015, 12:32 AM |#3042  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Ps3 now supports sky go 😉

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app
15th July 2015, 08:01 PM |#3043  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,
Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere but I have been trying to use the Sky Go android app in mainland Europe without any success.

I have tried a large number of the most popular VPNs but I get the same error message every time (You appear to be outside the territory etc...).

Does this app have additional security features to check your location (Google location settings)?

The web application still works fine for me but I would really like to get it working on my phone (HTC One M8).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Adam
15th July 2015, 08:16 PM |#3044  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Energy

Hi,
Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere but I have been trying to use the Sky Go android app in mainland Europe without any success.

I have tried a large number of the most popular VPNs but I get the same error message every time (You appear to be outside the territory etc...).

Does this app have additional security features to check your location (Google location settings)?

The web application still works fine for me but I would really like to get it working on my phone (HTC One M8).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Adam

Not sure aboutSky GO Specifically - but Unotelly has never let me down. You just need to make sure your DNS setting have been updated correctly on the phone (through Android OS) and that you've selected two dynamic DNS servers from Unotelly and it should work. I've not had any problems using any other app with this setup.
The Following User Says Thank You to pangster For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th July 2015, 09:21 PM |#3045  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pangster

Not sure aboutSky GO Specifically - but Unotelly has never let me down. You just need to make sure your DNS setting have been updated correctly on the phone (through Android OS) and that you've selected two dynamic DNS servers from Unotelly and it should work. I've not had any problems using any other app with this setup.

Thanks pangster. Will give this a try. The last time I tried to change the DNS servers (with Unlocator) I couldn't seem to get it working but I probably did something wrong.

I hadn't heard of Unotelly before.
15th July 2015, 10:34 PM |#3046  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Energy

Thanks pangster. Will give this a try. The last time I tried to change the DNS servers (with Unlocator) I couldn't seem to get it working but I probably did something wrong.

I hadn't heard of Unotelly before.

no problem!! - just make sure you use the dynamic DNS servers and it's pretty much set and forget!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread