FORUMS

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

[Q] XT926 Stuck on Bootloader/Eye

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By ExPwN, Junior Member on 14th May 2014, 10:52 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
10th July 2015, 01:44 AM |#31  
Flag Idaho
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirka28

hi ..im new in XDA..
my phone is XT926 and rooted.. i wanna upgrade it to android 4.4.2 or 5.0
in past 3days worked in this & tried Motopocalypse & motorola site for unlocking bootloader but i didnt reach any success!!!
is unlocking bootloader necessary to upgrade android? and is there another way to unlocking?
i will be thanksfull if some one help me

You need to read the threads about rooting and unlocking your phone, not this one. Your question has been answered hundreds of times over, already.

Short answer: If you have the latest official update, you can't unlock the bootloader. You can get root, though. Without an unlocked bootloader, you can't install updated or custom ROM's. If you don't have the latest update, you can unlock everything, so be careful not to accept the OTA update if that's the case.

12th July 2015, 04:39 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD

ok, im uploading the file, it will be about an hour.
its not guaranteed to work but i think it will. i removed the wiping commands so it should reflash everything stock but not touch the data partition, again not guaranteed but i removed the commands.
ill post back when its done.

bWen,

I'm having a similar problem that my RAZR HD gets stuck at the eye screen. My apps had been crashing, so I tried to do a reset, and now my phone stays in the eye boot up screen until the battery dies. I downloaded your files and replaced the windows utility, but I'm not sure of two things: 1. When I highlight the AP fastboot option, how do I "select" it. Just leave it highlighted? 2. Must I have the Motorola drivers installed before doing this process? Thank you.
12th July 2015, 05:29 PM |#33  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,773

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tualek

bWen,

I'm having a similar problem that my RAZR HD gets stuck at the eye screen. My apps had been crashing, so I tried to do a reset, and now my phone stays in the eye boot up screen until the battery dies. I downloaded your files and replaced the windows utility, but I'm not sure of two things: 1. When I highlight the AP fastboot option, how do I "select" it. Just leave it highlighted? 2. Must I have the Motorola drivers installed before doing this process? Thank you.

i have had a couple phones since this one, so i may be a little rusty.
you generally push the power button to select items highlighted.
yes, you should have the drivers installed on your pc first. there is no harm in trying to do it without, if the needed drivers are missing, the process will simply not be able to continue as it cant see the phone.
16th July 2015, 03:48 AM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD

i have had a couple phones since this one, so i may be a little rusty.
you generally push the power button to select items highlighted.
yes, you should have the drivers installed on your pc first. there is no harm in trying to do it without, if the needed drivers are missing, the process will simply not be able to continue as it cant see the phone.

Thanks bWen for your reply. My phone just isn't recognized when I USB it into the PC. I installed the driver, at least I've tried several times, but it won't work. I can get to the DOS looking boot screen, but then it just reboots back to the eye and gets stuck there. I don't really know what else to do. (I probably don't belong on this forum since I'm not technically smart, but I did my best.) I've purchased a new phone, which should arrive in about a week (moto x had a factory delay) so I'm phoneless for now. I hope the new one lasts me at least two years. Thanks again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread