FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] Black screen loading camera, super slow opening camera

1,067 posts
Thanks Meter: 107

By mr mystery, Senior Member on 12th June 2014, 02:27 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey guys, having an issue with my camera. The camera loads to a black screen and and it very slow before the viewfinder shows anything. Sometimes 5 seconds or more. Its not always though. Sometimes its boom opened other times it lags. Anyone else see this or have a fix?

Thanks

12th September 2014, 05:48 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have exactly the same problem, though my screen is black for nearly 30 seconds. It could be coincidence but I only noticed the delay after switching to a 64gb SD - not that it should make a difference since the camera records to internal memory. Confused and frustrated
14th September 2014, 02:57 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCake

I have exactly the same problem, though my screen is black for nearly 30 seconds. It could be coincidence but I only noticed the delay after switching to a 64gb SD - not that it should make a difference since the camera records to internal memory. Confused and frustrated

It's your sd. I had same problem when my 64 g SanDisk was near its death .changed to a gskill now no problem.i too set location of record internal.
18th September 2014, 03:21 AM |#4  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 106

More
even after 108 (2nd edition) and a several tries with different microSD cards, my wife's Z1C still has issues with the camera. The only thing that fixes it for a while is clearing the cache for the Camera app.

If its not hanging, black screening, or rebooting - I effing give up. Can Sony ever get it right??
20th September 2014, 06:50 PM |#5  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 252

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetah2k

even after 108 (2nd edition) and a several tries with different microSD cards, my wife's Z1C still has issues with the camera. The only thing that fixes it for a while is clearing the cache for the Camera app.

If its not hanging, black screening, or rebooting - I effing give up. Can Sony ever get it right??

On second update version(stock camera) mine has 0 problems and no more black screens
I'am using camera alot,and even child played with it for few hours(took around ~100 pic's) and no problems
21st September 2014, 12:40 AM |#6  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aigaming

On second update version(stock camera) mine has 0 problems and no more black screens
I'am using camera alot,and even child played with it for few hours(took around ~100 pic's) and no problems

I'm glad 2nd edition 108 fixed your Z1C. Wish it fixed ours....
2nd October 2014, 09:47 PM |#7  

More
An update... The new card was corrupted. The replacement works fine, no delays
17th July 2015, 02:42 AM |#8  

More
Hello guys, I have the same problem on a Z3. At first I had a black spot on the camera, and then changed it. The new one worked fine, until it didn't and gave me a black screen. Now both cameras won't work. I hope it's the camera and the motherboard ...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread