FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[THOR] Successfully rolled back to 13.3.1.0 (Safestrap working)

43 posts
Thanks Meter: 52

By 058515471, Member on 13th June 2014, 10:54 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th June 2015, 11:21 PM |#351  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckwizzle

Damn... okay I'll start going through the dozens of unbrick threads... thank you for your help with everything. I'm gonna try and get ADB working later tonight... I'll post back if I am able to.

Hi,
did you achieve anything in this matter?
It seems I have a similar problem. After downloading build.prop, editing on my pc, reuploading and rebooting I get the exact same bahaviour (can boot to kindle recovery, cannot boot normally, cannot see device in adb any more [not even in usbdeview for that matter ] )

15th July 2015, 02:12 AM |#352  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I am in the same boat with a kindle fire hd 7 4th gen. I need to downgrade from 5.2.0 OS to 4.5.3 OS and I cannot get my kindle to take the downgrade zip and an upgrade any help would be appreciated.
15th July 2015, 02:19 AM |#353  
Thanks Meter: 362

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglistknot

I am in the same boat with a kindle fire hd 7 4th gen. I need to downgrade from 5.2.0 OS to 4.5.3 OS and I cannot get my kindle to take the downgrade zip and an upgrade any help would be appreciated.

Wrong forum. Try here.
15th July 2015, 02:24 AM |#354  

More
that was also the wrong forum but I have been talking in there. I am just looking for support with my efforts wherever I can get it
15th July 2015, 02:47 AM |#355  
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Exclamation
Quote:

that was also the wrong forum but I have been talking in there. I am just looking for support with my efforts wherever I can get it

Try again forum that Davey126 suggested, you didn't talked there...
7" Kindle Fire HD Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting
15th July 2015, 02:52 AM |#356  

More
its the most current fire hd the one he pointed at is the older version. I was already posting in the current version forum.
15th July 2015, 03:04 AM |#357  
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Exclamation
Quote:

its the most current fire hd the one he pointed at is the older version. I was already posting in the current version forum.

LOL dude, seriously? OK, whatever...
17th July 2015, 03:49 PM |#358  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I am sure I have seen a thread here with all the bin files available before.... searched and searched and I cant find them again....

I take it I need 13.3.1.0 then to upgrade to 13.3.2.3....

I have researched putting safestrap on but this seems old hat now.....

There doesnt seem to be any instructions from going from safestrap to full TWRP.... :s

Presumably I root, do the disable amazon updates, flash the two bim files by putting into root then using the system upgrader.... Can I then install TWRP then flash a ROM? If so which version and is it that easy?

Presumably TWRp hast to be installed by ADB transfer or fast boot? There seems to be a gulf in information between the two types of flashing.... could just be me being thick though....
Last edited by W99DEY; 17th July 2015 at 04:15 PM.
17th July 2015, 04:34 PM |#359  
Thanks Meter: 362

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by W99DEY

I am sure I have seen a thread here with all the bin files available before.... searched and searched and I cant find them again....

I take it I need 13.3.1.0 then to upgrade to 13.3.2.3....

I have researched putting safestrap on but this seems old hat now.....

There doesnt seem to be any instructions from going from safestrap to full TWRP.... :s

Presumably I root, do the disable amazon updates, flash the two bim files by putting into root then using the system upgrader.... Can I then install TWRP then flash a ROM? If so which version and is it that easy?

Presumably TWRp hast to be installed by ADB transfer or fast boot? There seems to be a gulf in information between the two types of flashing.... could just be me being thick though....

Images can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=55954966

Strongly suggest you do some more reading before attempting to flash any of these. You are correct, there are no step-by-step how-to guides. One f-up and your device is toast. That said there are a ton of helpful posts to help you through. Folks will respond to targeted questions provided you have done your homework first.

Your options are largely determined by your current firmware version. Sometimes you can rollback, often not. Don't assume Safestrap is old hat. It is often the only solution and works remarkably well. Don't make the mistake if thinking you can revive a brick through twrp/fastboot/adb magic. Kindles don't work that way.

Good luck.
Last edited by Davey126; 17th July 2015 at 04:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Davey126 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2015, 05:11 PM |#360  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

Images can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=55954966

Strongly suggest you do some more reading before attempting to flash any of these. You are correct, there are no step-by-step how-to guides. One f-up and your device is toast. That said there are a ton of helpful posts to help you through. Folks will respond to targeted questions provided you have done your homework first.

Your options are largely determined by your current firmware version. Sometimes you can rollback, often not. Don't assume Safestrap is old hat. It is often the only solution and works remarkably well. Don't make the mistake if thinking you can revive a brick through twrp/fastboot/adb magic. Kindles don't work that way.

Good luck.

Thanks for the quick and frank response.... just a pity that the safestrap ROMs are a bit dated....

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk[COLOR="Silver"]
Last edited by W99DEY; 17th July 2015 at 05:14 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread