FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

|TOOL| HTC One Toolkit [M8] - v2.0.2 | 9.10.14

1,351 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,104

By squabbi, Senior Member on 26th March 2014, 07:59 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Announcement from squabbi: 2.0.2.0 has been uploaded! Update is avaliable through the application!
20th July 2015, 02:19 AM |#431  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,104

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiChhikkara

I am little confused about this..
1. Am I gonna be able to remove system apps using this method, if yes, & let's say I removed few system apps, can I still apply OTA without any problems?, I mean OTA check for any modifications made to system partition( I think), I just don't wanna end up with bricked device.
2.Would it let me install apps as system app, like Viper4android? & even if it does, am I still gonna be able to apply OTA without any problems? again same issue?

I can't say I'm certain but I'm sure you won't be able to accept OTAs with a modified /system.
I assume for 2 that the system partition cannot be modified.

I remember being rooted and able to take OTAs but they seem to have changed that at least on GPE updates.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread