FORUMS

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

[Q&A][Discussion]Xdabbeb's Camera Mod

2,540 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,555
 
By XxZombiePikachu, Recognized Contributor on 14th June 2014, 02:14 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
19th July 2015, 06:57 AM |#311  
Junior Member
Flag Tirunelveli
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Best Settings
Can somebody post their best XCam Lg Settings for taking Pictures & Videos (Indoor + Outdoor)?

Thanks
Elvis.
 
 
19th July 2015, 10:45 AM |#312  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello.

I have a G2 with version 4.4.2 not rooted, and I have a annoying problem taking videos with the camera: with low light, the frame rate is very low.
I installed the app "XCam LG - for G2 Stock KK", tried it, but the problem is still present using this app.

I would like to know if installing the advanced driver solves this issue. I don't mind if the picture gets a bit darker, for me having genuine 30 fps is more important.
If so, I'll root the device just for that. Thanks!
19th July 2015, 12:41 PM |#313  
60nine's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 1,868
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisjj

Can somebody post their best XCam Lg Settings for taking Pictures & Videos (Indoor + Outdoor)?

there is no such thing as "best cam settings"...

it's like asking "what are the best brushes and paint to use for painting Mona Lisa"...
19th July 2015, 01:46 PM |#314  
Junior Member
Flag Tirunelveli
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60nine

there is no such thing as "best cam settings"...

it's like asking "what are the best brushes and paint to use for painting Mona Lisa"...

Sorry every one cannot judge what's wrong in a picture for example like contrast, brightness etc but people interested in photography will clearly find it.

By this mod we are able to handle the settings. But every one will not know what each settings will do. So I asked for some basic settings .

Thanks
Elvis.
19th July 2015, 02:02 PM |#315  
60nine's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 1,868
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisjj

Sorry every one cannot judge what's wrong in a picture for example like contrast, brightness etc but people interested in photography will clearly find it.

you clearly didn't understand my point...

the "best" settings you want would only work if we all shoot the same scene, with the same lighting etc...

the best you can do is to test yourself in various conditions and times of day ("golden hour", night, high noon etc)...

the good picture is not judged by image quality but the moment it captures... and you can't correct the moment in image editing software...
everything else you can tune afterwards - but not the moment...

edit:
which actually gave me an idea - @xdabbeb would it be possible to add an option to save several custom presets in xcam settings in some future xcam settings release?
something that could easily be accessed via quick button/switch on homescreen (1x1 widget?)
Last edited by 60nine; 19th July 2015 at 02:06 PM.
20th July 2015, 06:00 AM |#316  
Junior Member
Flag Tirunelveli
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60nine

you clearly didn't understand my point...

the "best" settings you want would only work if we all shoot the same scene, with the same lighting etc...

the best you can do is to test yourself in various conditions and times of day ("golden hour", night, high noon etc)...

the good picture is not judged by image quality but the moment it captures... and you can't correct the moment in image editing software...
everything else you can tune afterwards - but not the moment...

edit:
which actually gave me an idea - @xdabbeb would it be possible to add an option to save several custom presets in xcam settings in some future xcam settings release?
something that could easily be accessed via quick button/switch on homescreen (1x1 widget?)

OK, I got it now. Thank you for your inormation & best wishes for saving presets options in future development .

Thanks
Elvis.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
camera, focus, lg g2, mod, q&a
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes