[Modifying]A10 Chinese 2 DIN Car Audio WinCE6+Android 4.x.x with "GIBROID"

Search This thread

Dukenukemx

Jul 24, 2008
Jersey
can i write Serg090909 2014 Build at 26 november 2014 image by Using Win32 Disk Imager or not please help , cuz i did and nothing boot?

i have a skypine wince 6 - 2 din is it applicable on this car stereo or not.

thanks

Yea Win32 Disk Imager will work for GIBROID. You stereo is not able to run it though cause I believe it's also a WinCE only device. The stereo's with Android are technically an Allwinner tablet thrown in the stereo.

Fofo Roma

Jul 29, 2015
Wifi question

I read all the thread and I have downloaded all the image files you have written but my problem is, this: all images start from SD card but with none of them i can use the WIFI because when I try to move the button on the "ON" position, it after 30 seconds back in position "OFF". I tried it with 3 different dongle, 1 proprietary of car audio and 2 other generic but no one works. Does anyone know how I can fix it? My Car Audio is a ERISIN 8300. Thanks a lot

Fofo Roma

Jul 29, 2015
What I've noticed is that it really likes fast SD cards. Has to be class 10 otherwise things break. Also give it a good few minutes before turning on Wifi so the system is settled. I also turn it on through settings which works.

I don' t understand how it can affect the SD Card with the WIFI but I'll try to burn an image on sd class 10. I waited more than 15 minutes after the start of Android but the wifi does not turn on. :confused: Thank you for now

virusen18

Feb 11, 2015
can some one make a video for radio how to fix i think that choice its best for 1 ye

can some one make a video for radio how to fix i think that choice its best for 1 year my radio dont know just blinking black screnn i tried with 4 kinds of memory card with no one its boot the android so pls some one help me or to send me a tutorial or to make a video i have crange_3g or n708 model of the radio............

Fofo Roma

Jul 29, 2015
I don' t understand how it can affect the SD Card with the WIFI but I'll try to burn an image on sd class 10. I waited more than 15 minutes after the start of Android but the wifi does not turn on. :confused: Thank you for now

Nothing! I bought a Sd card samsung ultra class 10, burned the various images files, but the result is the same.
Little faster loading of Android but after 30 minutes of waiting, the WIFI button don'stay in position "ON".
I will continue to follow this thread waiting for any developments.
I thank all the contributors of this forum for the work they do. THANK'S

أيمن زيزو

Dec 5, 2008
انا عندي شاشة صيني RockMars

ياريت تساعدوني في تحويلها الى اندرويد

وياريت بالتفصيل الممل

Last edited:

marauder44

Sep 11, 2015
Hello there,
I have the Port Navi Recovery 2015 flashed by Serg090909. Am very happy with a very great praise and thanks to Serg090909.
Only one problem I have with the SD memory expansion card. Under normal FAT or ext format this is not recognized. Recognized this is only when the entire system is on the map. I can see the card so stuck in the slot until after you start. Otherwise the system boots from the card.
Can someone help me ?
Thank you
William

Dukenukemx

Jul 24, 2008
Jersey
Is there an update for our stereos? I see a very similar stereo like the N708 I have that has 4.4. Anyone know anything about this?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sing...Player-Stereo-GPS-in-Dash-BT/32521459493.html

Single-1-Din-Android-4-4-7-HD-Car-DVD-Player-Stereo-GPS-in-Dash-BT.jpg

homam_france

Oct 23, 2006
paris
hello, and thanks for your efforts, is this update compatible with this model?
APP: SMA6Q1_3.1_20130813.01
MCU: SMA6Q1_130706_X_2348_HC_XH
MPEG: SMA6Q1_X12XHL.130412.VMDY.01
SERVO: 8B37.DL30.1200XH.20121205

thanks again

Last edited:
Reactions: Puniales

rmzalyemen

Aug 17, 2012
Wrongly I updated Wince MCU with Android MCU, now screen goes black. Plz help

Wrongly I updated Wince MCU with Android MCU, now screen goes black. Plz help
Dear all.

I'm Ramzi from Yemen and I have Chinese unit.
HITS car DVD, HYUNDAI SONATA LED10-11 / SUPER HIGH RESOLUTIONS 1024×600.

Modal: ANHY822 / 8913AG

At beginning I tried to update it with last Android software for Middle East from hits site, but every time I try, it didn't read the sd card. After that I tried to update the MCU, but unfortunately it was Android MCU and I wasn't aware that my unit is Wince not Android.
So now I urge you to help me what should I do get the screen back and if i can change it to full android unit.
I'v Emailed HITS company, but unfortunately the r not helpful.
Please guide me with proper steps and software because there is no technical in Yemen for such unit.

Regards
Ramzi

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 197

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all

I want to present you the work done by Serg090909 on the 2 Din Chinese Car audio system many people begin to use.

This sort of Car audio use WinCe 6.0 for Radio/TV/BT and the Android part for GPS and everything android can handle.

I only found information about modification in russian language by this famous guy i want to thanks gratefuly : Serg090909.

He made possible to boot from Sd-Card new builds (apollo tvbox and caravn776 build) for this sort of car audio and called it "GIBROID".

With this way, you don't touch at the Nands and don't damage your system.
    Insert back your original Sd-Card to boot normally, nothing is replaced in the nands when you switch to your GIBROID Sd-Card

Work has been done to backup your nand and write nand again, but for end users GIBROID from Sd-Card is a better thing and the easiest way to do.

You can find the link here :

New Serg090909 2014 Build at 26 november 2014 :

Part 1 of 4
    Part 2 of 4
    Part 3 of 4
    Part 4 of 4

New Update at 3 december 2014 :

Caravn 4.0.4-776 500mb No bluetooth
    Caravn 4.0.4-776 500mb With bluetooth

GIBROID 11 January 2014 Old Build

Part 1 of 3
    Part 2 of 3
    Part 3 of 3

GIBROID 01 November 2013 Old build

Part 1 of 8
    Part 2 of 8
    Part 3 of 8
    Part 4 of 8
    Part 5 of 8
    Part 6 of 8
    Part 7 of 8
    Part 8 of 8

Video of GIBROID switching apollo tvbox to caravn776 build
    UPLOADING, link available later today

Other needed files

A10 Backup sh
    A10 Repack
    Restore Backup
    Adb Rom Backup A10 A13
    Extract Dump from native firmware
    PhoenixSuit
    Switch Apollo Caravan

I 'll post pictures and updates to this thread and if anybody is interested in helping me reporting in English the continuous work of Serg090909 you are welcome to participate and report results here.

Thank you and have happy tests.

To readers : Respect the rules of XDA Forums and don't link to warez sites where you could found information about this
    To moderators : Could it be possible to give me the right to post hyperlink or if not possible i'll wait 10 posts ;)
    To Serg090909 : I don't speak russian and Google translations are not easy so if you want to help here you'll be my guest star ;)

HOW TO :

Install GIBROID on Sd-Card :

- Use Win32 Disk Imager (sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager) to Format Sd-Card and write "GIBROID-4G-11012014.img".

This image is 4g space. You can use max 32g Sd-Card, but since this operation use all the space of the Sd card you are invited to expand the rest of the Sd-card space for User space

- Use MiniTool® Partition Wizard Home Edition 8.1.1 (partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html) to expand the Sd-Card space.

- Place your GIBROID Sd-card inside the GPS Slot and keep safely your original Sd-Card.

Screenshots to Switch from Apollo to Caravn :
    See (Screenshots) Switch from Apollo to Caravn.rar Attachments

Backup/Write Nand for "experts" :

Dump to the Sd-Card
    - Download the script a10-Backup-SH (See Attachments). Copy it in the root of the SD card
    - Install SU and Android Terminal Emulator with Play Store
    - Run the terminal and see the operating system prompt a dollar sign ($)
    - Type su and press Enter
    - Type cd/mnt/extsd
    - Type sh a10-backup.sh all

Restore Dump
    See "Restore Dump" attachments

Compatibility List :
    Klyde KD-7200d
    Erisin
    N708
    Post your models

Hints :
    Not related to GIBROID, this sort of car audio have a Hidden Menu in WinCE6 Part.

Hidden Menu :
    - Go to settings
    - Press 1357 with the remote controller
    - Tadaaa !

Credits and Thanks all goes to Serg090909 and all the peoples involved in explanations, informations and helps.
    my n708 stock in android sometimes its turnig on some times its stuck in logo android some one to help me regards... to fix the problem

Hi Virusen18

The big problem on this units is that the android system is not well shutdown when you power off the device. This causes that the internal android memory is becoming corrupted and finally the android get stuck on his boot.

On this thread, Serg created a wonderful compilation to work on a SD card to run the android out of the internal memory of the device. In my personal view and experience this compilation made that my device born again and it's safe its operation.

You can read back the thread and if you have any problem you can ask for help here again.

Cheers
    Help Please - unbranded N708 car radio

I think that this thread is dead. I hope I`m wrong, since is the only one that deals with firmware for the device I have.

I tried to connect my laptop to the head unit and flash the firmware to nand but i failed.
    What I did:
    1) power off unit
    2) connect laptop to USB OTG where the wifi dongle is, using a male-male usb cable.
    3) power on unit holding menu and volume knob pressed.
    4) screen goes black and stays there.
    5) computer detects nothing.

Possible causes:
    My android system is beyond repair ( I don't think this could be the problem, since it boots perfectly with gibroid on SD card)
    too many extensions for usb cable. 1from the back of the unit to the dashboard and then the "male-male" usb cable...
    Many many other of which I have absolutely no Idea.

In addition to this, livesuit tells me that gibroid image is not valid.

Any ideas?

Cabezalimon can you help me?

I tried to install the GIBROID image in a microsd card according to the procedure (at least as far as I can understand them). I downloaded the image, formatted the sd card with SDFormatter and installed it with diskimager and then checked it with MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition.

Everything seems to me to be Ok, the problem is that when i put it in the GPS slot of the device and turn it on, all I see is a black screen blinking...

Do you think you can help me.

The specs of my stereo are:

Android
    Baseband version - 1.4
    Kernel 3.08+
    ccfrom@unbutu #491
    Build version - caravn_4.0.4_776_RGB_20130801

Thanks in advance

Cheers,
    Norvati
    so if i put serges rom on a minisd and put it in the GPS slot, it may try to work for me? If it doesnt, its not actually overwriting anything internal, is that correct? so to recover all i need to do is put the origional gps sd back in and reboot?

It won't overwrite anything, so you could certainly try.
    Hi guys, I'm having some problems that I hope some of you knowledgeable people may be able to help out with. I bought this Klyde KD-6952 Android/Win CE car DVD (N708) last year and it worked fine for a bit, then the Android side crashed, now I get a boot loop error and when the Android OS comes up it says “the process.com.android.phone has stopped”, and when I click anywhere on the screen it goes back into the boot loop and error again. I tried hard resetting and same thing. So I looked into Gibroid here and I was really excited to try it.

I took a 16gb Sandsik SD card and popped it in my Windows & PC. Windows told me to format so I did.

I downloaded the December update img. file with bluetooth (was thinking I’d try the no bt tonight) and also downloaded Win32DiskImager (WD32DI). I attempted to write the .img to the corresponding drive E: in W32DI, it was the only allowable drive that W32DI would let me write it to… it took some time, showed a progress screen, eventually said write successful! I was optimistic at that point.

The SD card still showed up on my PC as empty, and I also downloaded MiniPartitionTool (MPT) and it said it was empty, no partitions, no contents, nothing... So I didn’t do anything here, I was dumfounded, but I took the card and inserted it into my car’s SD slot anyway to see what would happen. It ran a longgg time in the green Android screen, then the same black and silver Android screen I would typically see, then the same error – nothing had changed at all :(

What am I doing wrong? I have access to a 32 and 16gb SD cards and I really would like to partition the drive for added disk space, but I am an extreme novice-non tech person who would need a patient person to describe in detail what I need to do and not to overwhelm me at the same time. I just want a working Android side to this radio again, ideally with more disk space, I am literally ready to rip the whole unit out and just buy a new one, sadly, that’s how difficult and frustrating this is for me.

Here’s my Radio here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gysdq9Lry2M

Here’s the 1st screen I get: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2mqqigx&s=8

Here’s the 2nd screen I get: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=fm2o3c&s=8

Here’s the 3rd screen I get http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1jti7c&s=8

Any help would be appreciated, anything at all… I’d call Russia if it’d mean I could get it working lol… I’d call anywhere, I’ve read these boards over and over and over and over and I am still getting nowhere :/

Thank you.

Hi MeImmortal1
    There is a program called PhoenixCard, it is used too to save images to a SD. Also it has a "normal format" button. Try to format the SD card again, and repeat the process to write the image file to the SD card. When you can see the partitions on your SD card with mini partition tool then you can bring your SD to your device.

Cheers!