FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

[HOW TO] [GUIDE] [Q&A] - Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 ROOT & Then Some

1,238 posts
Thanks Meter: 640

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
7th July 2015, 05:46 AM |#421  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up Build OE1
Hi, New to the form. looked over the steps and did some research and it seems i have to downgrade to KitKat but that is on build OA8 i believe. i have not seen anything for OE1. there was an update yesterday from software but nothing big. I was wondering if I can downgrade form 5.0 lollipop running Build OE1 to KitKAt then root. If so please let me know what I have to do or please add the links to your comment.

Thanks in Advance.

7th July 2015, 02:35 PM |#422  
Flag Albany
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonRobot

Hi, New to the form. looked over the steps and did some research and it seems i have to downgrade to KitKat but that is on build OA8 i believe. i have not seen anything for OE1. there was an update yesterday from software but nothing big. I was wondering if I can downgrade form 5.0 lollipop running Build OE1 to KitKAt then root. If so please let me know what I have to do or please add the links to your comment.

Thanks in Advance.

If you have already taken the OE1 Update OTA, then you can not go backwards to kitkat and obtain root. Hopefully someone will come up with an OE1 Tar that we can use in Odin to go back, gain root and then flash OE1… but until that happens, you, ME, and anyone else who got excited and pulled the update trigger, we are out of luck… at least for now. I would keep checking this thread and possibly Muniz_ri's thread at http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...proot-t3149784 for updates to this issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarasbud1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th July 2015, 07:57 PM |#423  

More
Thank you for the information. I will keep an eye on this threat for an update. Hopefully the tar comes out soon. I was really looking forward to rooting my s5.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
7th July 2015, 11:16 PM |#424  

More
Stuck on Verizon LOGO + Cant Factory Reset (MDM wont allow)
ok...so i have a Verizon samsung galaxy S5 that was on lollipop (5.0)
i downgraded it so i could root it and after downgrading it it got stuck on the red verizon logo. stuck in a boot loop..

so i tried to do a factory reset but it says "MDM wont allow factory resets"

so basically i need a stock firmware that also wipes/ factory resets the phones.

i know when you odin a phone it wipes the phone. but what im saying is i need a stock firmware that can do a factory reset also..to get it out of the boot loop..
8th July 2015, 02:02 AM |#425  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by QualcommCode

ok...so i have a Verizon samsung galaxy S5 that was on lollipop (5.0)
i downgraded it so i could root it and after downgrading it it got stuck on the red verizon logo. stuck in a boot loop..

so i tried to do a factory reset but it says "MDM wont allow factory resets"

so basically i need a stock firmware that also wipes/ factory resets the phones.

i know when you odin a phone it wipes the phone. but what im saying is i need a stock firmware that can do a factory reset also..to get it out of the boot loop..

What was your build? From my knowledge if your on OA8 you can flash it with a factory firmware but if you had the OE1 you can not since there is no revert from OE1. Try looking at my 2nd to last post and there is a link, follow the link, go to the first page and then look at the 1st post bottom and it should tell you how to unbrick your phone. Let me know if this works or helps.

Thanks & good luck :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
15th July 2015, 04:17 PM |#426  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
So did Verizon finally win and prevent root?
18th July 2015, 03:07 AM |#427  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNO

So did Verizon finally win and prevent root?

Looks that way doesn't it
20th July 2015, 01:24 PM |#428  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
So.. I have an odd situation that needs some clarifying.. I bought a verison galaxy s5 and put it on the tracfone network. It seems to be stuck at 4.4.4.
I tried towelrootV3 but it says I have an unsupported device. How do I know what build number I have? is it the Build number from the 'about phone'?
KTU84P.G900VVRU1ANK2

Wondering as I am still on KK if I still can root.

SM-G900V

sam
Last edited by samcoinc; 20th July 2015 at 01:39 PM. Reason: s5 not s3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread