Originally Posted by yub
i am not able to go to recovery mode. as you said when i try to hold volume up+home+power it stucks at boot animation.
First off, follow my instructions EXACTLY as I write. (ALL necessary files are attached in post except for stock FW). Extract the .rar files.
I assume you have the Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580 and not GT-S7580E/GT-S7580L. (if you do, tell me and I´ll find new links for you).
Go to one of or all these links and find and download the correct FW for your device+country and if possible carrier.
Points to be noted:
1) Check battery percentage, your device should have at least 60% battery power
2) Turn on USB Debugging mode, go to Settings-General-Developer Options (As the Developer options are hidden by default on all Android device running on Android 4.2 or up, So go to Settings-General-About on your Galaxy Trend Plus and tap Build Number for 7 times to visible the Developer options.) (If your phone doesn't boot, then we assume it has USB debugging on). Otherwise you'll need to find a way (adb) to enable it.
3) Install USB driver for your device on your PC/Laptop.
4) Switch off and boot Galaxy Trend Plus S7580 into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons (long press until the boot screen appear), now press Volume Up key to proceed to Download Mode. Run ODIN as Admin.
5) Now connect your Galaxy Trend Plus S7580 to your computer via USB cable
6) In Odin screen, you should see a COM Port number like “0:[COM7]” at ID:COM section and “Added!” text at the message box. This means your device has been detected by Odin.
7) Make sure that, only the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked in Odin.
8) Now, extract the downloaded firmware zip file, you’ll find a firmware file with extension .tar.md5
9) In Odin screen, click on AP (PDA in older Odin) button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension (The firmware file look something like: S7580XXDLJ5_S7580ODDDLI7_INU.tar.md5)
10) Now, click on the Start button to begin the installation process, wait few moments.
11) Once completed, you would see “PASS!” message in ID:COM port having green background
12) Your device should automatically reboot after completion
13) You can now disconnect your device from computer
Hope you successfully completed the update process. If you followed everything as mentioned in the above tutorial, then your device should now running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
NOW ON TO ROOTING AND GETTING TWRP. (
Check battery percentage, charge your device to a decent level of at least 60% battery power. Your device should not turn off during installation.
Turn on USB Debugging mode, go to Settings-Developer Options-USB Debugging
1) Now, Switch off your phone and boot Galaxy Trend Plus S7580 into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons together (long press until the boot screen appear), now press Volume Up key to proceed to Download Mode.
2) Run ODIN as Admin.
3) Now connect your Galaxy Trend Plus S7580 to your computer via USB cable.
In Odin screen, you should see a COM Port number like “0:[COM7]” at ID:COM section and “Added!” text at the message box. This means your device has been detected by Odin.
4) Uncheck the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options.
5) Now, click on the AP (PDA in older Odin) button and select the TWRP.S7580.tar.md5 file.
Finally, click on the Start button to begin the process, wait few moments.
Unplug the USB cable from computer, you have installed TWRP Recovery.
Now, turn off your phone and go to TWRP by pressing and holding the Home+Volume Up+Power buttons together.
Select Install zip from SDcard , Select choose zip from SDcard and select the SuperSU zip file and flash it.
Select reboot to system now, SuperSU Installed and your device is rooted now, finish.