FORUMS

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

AVRCP Metadata not submitting via Bluetooth.

210 posts
Thanks Meter: 46

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
10th December 2014, 02:52 AM |#31  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Meh
Quote:
Originally Posted by helrich

After reading through the thread and browsing around, I'm convinced this is an issue with 4.4.2 and requires an android update to resolve.

I told myself I was going be a good little boy and keep this phone stock (had issues before trying to run 4.3 on my Gnex with VZ radio and decided the risks outweighed the rewards) but I'll probably be 6 feet underground before Verizon OTAs 4.4.3 so I might end up rooting this sucker.

Already rooted the ATT version and waiting for android 5.0 since they skipped 4.3 and 4.4. From what I gathered you are right it has something to do with 4.2. I have been looking for a stable or almost stable rom with 4.4 or 5.0 and can't find anything good. I am frustrated at this point and until 1 or the other comes I wait.

26th January 2015, 05:14 PM |#32  
Flag Webster, NY
Thanks Meter: 97

Donate to Me
More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbady

This fixed it for me. Search Google Play "autoaudio" VW Golf 2014. Also shows most recent notifications which is nice.

Thanks for this info, AutoAudio fixed this issue for me as well. As far as I'm concerned, this is a bug in the LG Rom's, but at least we have a workaround. Here is the direct link to the app for others to find:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...soft.autoaudio

To those who AutoAudio didn't fix the issue for, like @americannight and @helrich and @Pesy - make sure of the following:

0.) The music app in question you're trying to use, must at least show it's track info, in the Notification shade in Android. Not all music apps do. That's where AutoAudio is trying to grab the track metadata from.

1.) You must be on Android 4.3 or higher, for Notification Access, which is what AutoAudio requires. Doubt this applies to any G3 users, but just noting it. This requires Android 4.3+

2.) You must give AutoAudio, Notification Access. This is because AutoAudio is "grabbing" the track info from your Notification shade in Android. To do this easily, in the AutoAudio app, click the button for "Go to Notification Access Settings" - then check AutoAudio in the list and say Yes/OK to the warning.

3.) AutoAudio will only work, while it's running. For this reason, there is a checkbox in the app for "Persistent Service" that you should check, which will keep it running. Otherwise, every time you reboot your phone, kill recent tasks etc, it'll stop, and it won't work anymore. By checking this option, it places a notification in your notification shade - however, you can click it, go to App Info in Android, and uncheck Show Notifications, if you want to hide it.

I am certain if any of you have problems getting this to work, it's one of those three things.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Protonus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2015, 09:13 PM |#33  

More
This worked for me:
I tried using the AutoAudio app but that didn't fix the problem at all. And yes, I went through all the settings people had suggested with allowing notifications, etc., and nothing worked. So I uninstalled it. After hours of research online trying to figure out what the issue would be and this being a problem for a lot of people and no good answers posted except for using that app, I decided to check out the hidden menu on my G3 and see what I could find. I have the ATT LG G3, so to access the LG hidden menu for my device you go to the dialer and enter 3845#*850#. Once there, scroll down until you see "BT_TEST" and click into that menu which will be labeled BTUI settings at the top. Un-check everything except "APT-X Codec", because APT-X is used for increased audio quality if your stereo supports it. I also have "Enable privacy logs" checked, but that shouldn't matter to anything. After those options are set, reboot the phone and you should be good to go with any music player on your device.

I have a Pioneer AVH-X2700BS in my car and was having the same issue. The head unit would only display metadata from my phone if I was using PowerAmp with music stored on my phone. No other apps would show any data on the screen. It would however, display the metadata from my wife's Samsung Galaxy S4 and my friend's Note 4 when they were streaming audio. So it had to be something with my phone. I believe the issue is with the "LG AVRCP 1.3" option listed in the Bluetooth settings in the hidden menu. So, I blame LG for this and don't know why it doesn't just work on such an awesome phone. But it works now with all my music apps: Pandora, iHeartRadio, DI.FM, Spotify, Slacker, and Songza. All metadata shows on my new head unit and the audio quality is superb. No other app download needed.

ATT LG G3 D850 with stock Android 4.4.2 ~ rooted and customized the UI using G3 TweaksBox
14th July 2015, 07:51 PM |#34  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydubs

I tried using the AutoAudio app but that didn't fix the problem at all. And yes, I went through all the settings people had suggested with allowing notifications, etc., and nothing worked. So I uninstalled it. After hours of research online trying to figure out what the issue would be and this being a problem for a lot of people and no good answers posted except for using that app, I decided to check out the hidden menu on my G3 and see what I could find. I have the ATT LG G3, so to access the LG hidden menu for my device you go to the dialer and enter 3845#*850#. Once there, scroll down until you see "BT_TEST" and click into that menu which will be labeled BTUI settings at the top. Un-check everything except "APT-X Codec", because APT-X is used for increased audio quality if your stereo supports it. I also have "Enable privacy logs" checked, but that shouldn't matter to anything. After those options are set, reboot the phone and you should be good to go with any music player on your device.

I have a Pioneer AVH-X2700BS in my car and was having the same issue. The head unit would only display metadata from my phone if I was using PowerAmp with music stored on my phone. No other apps would show any data on the screen. It would however, display the metadata from my wife's Samsung Galaxy S4 and my friend's Note 4 when they were streaming audio. So it had to be something with my phone. I believe the issue is with the "LG AVRCP 1.3" option listed in the Bluetooth settings in the hidden menu. So, I blame LG for this and don't know why it doesn't just work on such an awesome phone. But it works now with all my music apps: Pandora, iHeartRadio, DI.FM, Spotify, Slacker, and Songza. All metadata shows on my new head unit and the audio quality is superb. No other app download needed.

ATT LG G3 D850 with stock Android 4.4.2 ~ rooted and customized the UI using G3 TweaksBox

I'm running Lollipop rooted and I checked my hidden menu and nothing extra was checked. I still don't get any metadata. I checked AVCRP and rebooted. I'll see if that helps with metadata being sent to my car.
15th July 2015, 02:02 AM |#35  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nest75068

I'm running Lollipop rooted and I checked my hidden menu and nothing extra was checked. I still don't get any metadata. I checked AVCRP and rebooted. I'll see if that helps with metadata being sent to my car.

Just to clarify, the only thing I have checked is APT-X Codec. I have LG AVRCP 1.3 unchecked (disabled). If I enable AVRCP 1.3 I get the issue again where no metadata is displayed on my head unit. Just tested to confirm. As long as AVRCP is disabled in the hidden menu I'm good. You may need to completely re-pair your phone after the reboot. And it also might not apply becuase you have Lollipop and I'm on Kitkat. But it's worth a shot. Sorry you're having issues man! I still can't believe a flagship phone would have such a problem with displaying metadata on other devices!
16th July 2015, 07:21 PM |#36  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydubs

Just to clarify, the only thing I have checked is APT-X Codec. I have LG AVRCP 1.3 unchecked (disabled). If I enable AVRCP 1.3 I get the issue again where no metadata is displayed on my head unit. Just tested to confirm. As long as AVRCP is disabled in the hidden menu I'm good. You may need to completely re-pair your phone after the reboot. And it also might not apply becuase you have Lollipop and I'm on Kitkat. But it's worth a shot. Sorry you're having issues man! I still can't believe a flagship phone would have such a problem with displaying metadata on other devices!

Yeah I trieth both that enabled and disabled and nothing. I even tried the autoaudio app and nothing
20th July 2015, 06:55 AM |#37  

More
I noticed that LG's own music player send metadata to my car stereo just fine, but none of other apps (google play & Spotify) don't.
Also noticed that if I'm listening music from spotify and then swap to LG's player, car stereo will show correct metadata from spotify a very short moment before it start showing data from LG's player.

I hope that smarter peoples can use this information to figure out whats wrong with G3.
D855 & 5.0
20th July 2015, 12:07 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Try disabling the LG Music player, then connect via Bluetooth. I believe that the LG Music player interferes with the metadata being sent from other apps.
I wasn't able to control my music play back through my stock pioneer head unit, and my steering wheel controls on my 2014 Scion TC while using Pandora. Disabling the LG Music player did the trick. I still don't get metadata with Pandora tho, but i believe that's a issue within Pandora.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app
20th July 2015, 06:23 PM |#39  

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipaulone

Try disabling the LG Music player, then connect via Bluetooth. I believe that the LG Music player interferes with the metadata being sent from other apps.
I wasn't able to control my music play back through my stock pioneer head unit, and my steering wheel controls on my 2014 Scion TC while using Pandora. Disabling the LG Music player did the trick. I still don't get metadata with Pandora tho, but i believe that's a issue within Pandora.

I did disabled LG's native "music" player, but still no BT metadata to my car reciever.
I quess this is common Lollipop proplem, ppl with other devices are complaining the same issue with bt metadata.

Lets hope that they fix this with firmware update.

I can live without bt metadata, but I did't had any problems with my old Lumia 925, so I'm bit disapointed to my first android phone.
20th July 2015, 10:09 PM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeForssi

I did disabled LG's native "music" player, but still no BT metadata to my car reciever.
I quess this is common Lollipop proplem, ppl with other devices are complaining the same issue with bt metadata.

Lets hope that they fix this with firmware update.

I can live without bt metadata, but I did't had any problems with my old Lumia 925, so I'm bit disapointed to my first android phone.

What app launches when you connect via bluetooth? Yeah my sister has the same problem with the S6. But yeah its lollipop, with kitkat disabling avrcp 1.3 did the trick.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

So i went ahead and downloaded Spotify and i am getting metada transferred to head unit, avrcp is working too. While listening to a song on Spotify i played a video on YouTube, and that showed metadata successfully as well.

Note that before i installed spotify the only music player i had installed on my phone was Pandora.

I'm running the latest CloudyG3 rom.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread