http :// smartphonematters.com / help/ help-setting-up-straight-talk-data-and-mms-on-the-lg-optimus-g-pro-e980-running-android-4-1-2 / #comment-95185
Take the spaces out, user restrictions require them.
It is possible to change the APN type without SQLite or root. The guys at my work figured this out. It is kind of a tricky workaround, but this is tested and working on LG Optimus G Pro, G Flex, and G2 with the MMS issues.
1. Go to the APN Settings and reset them to default. After that you should only see the AT&T APN
2. With the SIM card in the phone open Mobile Networks (get to the screen where you can click on Access Point names.)
3. DO NOT POWER OFF THE PHONE FOR THIS PART! On that screen and with the phone still on, slide the SIM out. You should get a prompt asking to reset the phone. DO NOT RESET THE PHONE.
4. After the prompt click on Access Point Names. There should be no APNs here. If the AT&T APN is still here go back to step 1.
5. Now you need to create a new APN whit the SIM is removed. The APN should be as follows:
Name: Straight Talk MMS
mmsc: http: // mms-tf. net - This is spaced for Junior User restrictions. Should be no spaces.
THE APN TYPE SHOULD ONLY BE FOR MMS. DO NOT PUT ANYTHING ELSE IN THE "TYPE" FIELD
6. Now with everything typed in DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING. If it is correct you can save this APN. Once it is saved there will still be no APNs on the APN page.
7. Pull the battery and put the SIM back in the phone.
8. Go back to the APN settings and DO NOT open the APN you just created or it will reset the entire process!!!!! If you did everything right the Straight Talk MMS APN you just made should not have the selection bubble. If you have a selection bubble on the Straight Talk MMS, go back to Step 1.
9. Make another new APN as Follows:
Name: Straight Talk
Mnc : 410
10. Save this APN and select it. You should get LTE shortly after that.
That's it! If you want MMS without root this is the only other workaround I know of! This was tested on multiple Optimus G Pro, G Flex, and G2 and is working! Hope it Helps.