FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[TOOLS] Touchpad Toolbox (updated 2015-02-25)

214 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,684

By jcsullins, Senior Member on 19th May 2014, 10:00 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
20th July 2015, 08:28 PM |#731  
Flag Sunny Central Florida!!!
Thanks Meter: 737

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsf

This worked! Thank you so much!

Jason

You really need to look into finding a DOA TouchPad and use it to cannibalize the power button and replace yours. Otherwise, you can add a quick settings button to shutdown the TouchPad and when your pad starts to boot up, at the Moboot menu, press either volume up or down to stop the countdown to boot up and use it to navigate to "boot WebOS Recovery".

NT

20th July 2015, 09:23 PM |#732  
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertells2

You really need to look into finding a DOA TouchPad and use it to cannibalize the power button and replace yours. Otherwise, you can add a quick settings button to shutdown the TouchPad and when your pad starts to boot up, at the Moboot menu, press either volume up or down to stop the countdown to boot up and use it to navigate to "boot WebOS Recovery".

NT

Yeah, I should do that. But the button is broken because I took the TP apart once before and wasn't careful. It might simply be a connection that isn't seated all the way, but the volume buttons work and I think those are part of the same assembly. But as long as Android boots and powering it on triggers booting, I'm ok. Shutdown does require root, which is kind of ironic.

Jason
21st July 2015, 04:44 AM |#733  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsf

Yeah, I should do that. But the button is broken because I took the TP apart once before and wasn't careful. It might simply be a connection that isn't seated all the way, but the volume buttons work and I think those are part of the same assembly. But as long as Android boots and powering it on triggers booting, I'm ok. Shutdown does require root, which is kind of ironic.

Jason

Well then the question of the day is why would you want to put WebOS back on it? WebOS is dead, support is gone! You did not explain, but I'm guessing you had already taken the web is off of it, correct? So why are you putting it back on?

NT
21st July 2015, 08:01 AM |#734  
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertells2

Well then the question of the day is why would you want to put WebOS back on it? WebOS is dead, support is gone! You did not explain, but I'm guessing you had already taken the web is off of it, correct? So why are you putting it back on?

NT

I misunderstood the instructions and thought it was a required step to getting back from a clean wipe. Now that I can get into recovery I've installed android and won't look back.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
21st July 2015, 11:28 PM |#735  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I used this tool and erased the WebOS and installed a Lollipop ROM. Now when I go to WebOS Recovery, when I see the big USB symbol my computer doesn't recognize my tablet. I can connect the tablet to the computer when I'm in the ROM but not in the recovery
22nd July 2015, 02:16 PM |#736  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Make sure you have novacom driver installed

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Free mobile app
22nd July 2015, 04:22 PM |#737  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vik5

Make sure you have novacom driver installed

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Free mobile app

How did he use Touchpad Toolbox to install Lollipop without novacom installed on his PC?

NT
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread