FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

View Poll Results: Time to choose the ROM I am gonna distribute

AOSP

4 Vote(s)
17.39%
CM12

6 Vote(s)
26.09%
OptiPop

10 Vote(s)
43.48%
Another - reply and tell me the name!

3 Vote(s)
13.04%

[KERNEL] Khaon's Kernel ♦ F2FS ♦ UBERTC 4.8.5 12/05

902 posts
Thanks Meter: 977

By Khaon, Senior Member on 10th June 2014, 02:54 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Announcement from Khaon: Khaon's kernel for Google's nexus 10
22nd July 2015, 03:26 AM |#981  
Thanks Meter: 306

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tathagatab@gmail.com

Hi,

I'm on Chroma latest build.

I'm not sure the booting problems are due to your kernel. I can't boot my ROM's native kernel (which is probably the vanilla aosp kernel) either; I have to flash your kernel from May 27 before I can boot the device. So I think my problem is due to some quirk that's common to your kernel and the aosp kernel. I wonder what it could be.

Thanks for your interest.

Are you formatted f2fs?

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavocabe

I tried flashing using fastboot and flashify but couldn't get it to load. Reboot-> reboot recovery-> google splash screen-> google splash screen-> android boots. Same using "reboot recovery" from bootloader. I'm starting to think my nexus 10 is faulty as I can't get any of the latest khaon's kernel to boot. I already did a clean flash, even flashed the factory images

Try TWRP 2.8.6.X. 2.8.7.0 was borked for me on hammerhead, it would do as you said, and instead of entering recovery it would boot to android.

22nd July 2015, 03:55 AM |#982  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa777

Try TWRP 2.8.6.X. 2.8.7.0 was borked for me on hammerhead, it would do as you said, and instead of entering recovery it would boot to android.

Yeah, I had to revert back, cant live without recovery. I really had no need to update just wanted to try to boot a newer kernel than the one I'm using, thought maaaybe the recovery was the problem but now I will never know

Btw, I'm using TWRP 2.8.7.0 on my Nexus 5 without problems, the MultiRom one though.
22nd July 2015, 06:10 PM |#983  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 25

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa777

Are you formatted f2fs?

Nope, never touched the filesystem.

And for what it's worth, twrp 2.8.7.0 is working fine for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
f2fs, f2fs manta, nexus10 f2fs
Previous Thread Next Thread