FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[DISCONTINUED][ROM+KERNEL][4.4.4] Stable CyanogenMod 11 [May 16, 2015]

4,666 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,661

By Sultanxda, Recognized Developer on 15th April 2014, 03:27 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th May 2015, 11:10 PM |#831  
Recognized Contributor
Flag bolton, on
Thanks Meter: 3,557

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by findthesky

Thank you! I'll try it out, and let you know how it goes (this may take a while, not sure if I can install this recovery in Odin, so I'm assuming I have to put it on the external SD and get TWRP to install it, but I'll figure it out

yes in twrp just flash it - thats the preferred way, either int or ext sdcard,
The Following User Says Thank You to vincom For This Useful Post: [ View ]

17th May 2015, 01:01 AM |#832  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincom

yes in twrp just flash it - thats the preferred way, either int or ext sdcard,

Yeah, switching from TWRP to Philz had no effect, I still have the same problem with Camera and Gallery (additionally, I can still access my external SD using File Manager)

This was my process: Enter TWRP>>flash philz>>reboot>>enter philz>>wipe /data>>wipe /cache>>wipe dalvik>>flash customROM>>flash pg-gapps>>flash new kernel>>reboot

Edit 2: I don't know exactly what this means, but I tried a clean wipe again, and noticed these 2 lines:
"Formatting /sd-ext
E: unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]"

I have no idea what this means, or how to fix it. Should I format sdcard0? If so, what format should I use?
Last edited by findthesky; 17th May 2015 at 01:30 AM.
17th May 2015, 03:40 AM |#833  
Thanks Meter: 121

More
I tested the Camera thoroughly throughout the day today and have no issues. I am also using TWRP and have had absolutely no issues. Hope that helps at all. In your case, you may need to wipe and flash your ROM again, but first try Uninstalling the Camera app data/cache and wipe Dalvik. Do this for Gallery and Quickpic if you have those also.

Quote:

Yeah, The camera app still won't open to let me take video.

The Following User Says Thank You to ocd_amp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2015, 07:18 AM |#834  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocd_amp

I tested the Camera thoroughly throughout the day today and have no issues. I am also using TWRP and have had absolutely no issues. Hope that helps at all. In your case, you may need to wipe and flash your ROM again, but first try Uninstalling the Camera app data/cache and wipe Dalvik. Do this for Gallery and Quickpic if you have those also.

How do I uninstall stock apps? Do you mean to disable them?
17th May 2015, 11:57 AM |#835  

More
Quote:

How do I uninstall stock apps? Do you mean to disable them?

Update: I solved the problem! After re-reading the steps I took to flash CM 12, I noticed the only step I hadn't reversed was the part where I re-formatted the internal SD to ext4. I re-formatted the internalSD to exFAT, and while that bit of code still shows up ("E: unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]"), everything (VoIP calls, Camera, Video, Gallery, etc.) appears to be in working order.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me with this!
21st June 2015, 12:02 AM |#836  
Flag Ivanhoe, California

Donate to Me
More
my phone keeps restarting during the setup process around the same time everytime, just passed choosing a wifi connection, then goes into a boot loop :/
21st June 2015, 01:35 AM |#837  
Flag Ivanhoe, California

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plague_Bearer

my phone keeps restarting during the setup process around the same time everytime, just passed choosing a wifi connection, then goes into a boot loop :/

flashed back to my previous cm-11-20150115-Sultan-skyrocket.zip

and everything is fine :l
22nd July 2015, 10:55 PM |#838  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Does anyone else have unlock lag on this ROM?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread