8 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By tekguyny, Junior Member on 10th May 2014, 02:31 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
20th May 2015, 09:53 PM |#11  

More
Unhappy S5 speaker
Bros.. I did the same thing... I dropped it in the water. And now.... after @30 mins the speakers seem to be like... Soud like the membeane is punctured. Can that be? I gave it a lot of shooks and I 'smacked' it, so to say, with the back of it to my upper foot, so that the water could get out faster... Was that bad? (

23rd July 2015, 01:33 AM |#12  

More
Unhappy no longer working after getting wet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barondebxl

The phone is water resistant, not waterproof. Also give it a little more time, the speakers will go back to normal.

Sent from my SM-G900F/T/I/M/P/W8 using Tapatalk

I was sitting in water that was not even deep enough for the water to cover my legs playing with my grandson for about 20 minutes. I was told my the salesperson the Galaxy S5 was waterproof not water resistant for up to 30 minutes. No water depth was specified either. When I got out of the water, my phone would not turn on and I took off my otterbox because it had water in it. I then took off the back cover and found it had water inside it and on the battery. I have now had it drying out with the battery out for 8 hours. I tried it again and it still will not come on. I have to say though that it was starting to act up before it got submerged in water. The last several days it would not wake sometimes unless I took the back off and took the battery out and put it back in. The camera the last two days has been not wanting to work sometimes too. Or sometimes it would hang up. I have had this phone less than a year. I bought it right before the S6 came out. I think there is an issue with this phone besides the water issue. I have googled the other problems and they seem to be common with the S5.
23rd July 2015, 02:47 AM |#13  
Flag pnw
Thanks Meter: 212

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakrider

I was sitting in water that was not even deep enough for the water to cover my legs playing with my grandson for about 20 minutes. I was told my the salesperson the Galaxy S5 was waterproof not water resistant for up to 30 minutes. No water depth was specified either. When I got out of the water, my phone would not turn on and I took off my otterbox because it had water in it. I then took off the back cover and found it had water inside it and on the battery. I have now had it drying out with the battery out for 8 hours. I tried it again and it still will not come on. I have to say though that it was starting to act up before it got submerged in water. The last several days it would not wake sometimes unless I took the back off and took the battery out and put it back in. The camera the last two days has been not wanting to work sometimes too. Or sometimes it would hang up. I have had this phone less than a year. I bought it right before the S6 came out. I think there is an issue with this phone besides the water issue. I have googled the other problems and they seem to be common with the S5.

there's got to be more to the story..this phone, if the back cover is completely snapped on + charging flap closed, can be fully submerged in up to 1 meter of water for up to 30 minutes with absolutely no harm done to the phone. That's the manufacturers specs.

Personally, I jumped into a lake off the back of a boat with the phone in my hand (while recording video) and proceeded to swim around for about 45 minutes with the phone in my hand the entire time.
I'd say the deepest it went was around 5 feet.
As you can imagine there was a lot of pressure hitting it in all directions due to the swimming aspect..anyway point being, nothing was damaged.

sent from my sm-g900az (cricket) using CRAPatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)