FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

[how to] lock/unlock your bootloader without htcdev(s-off required)

2,598 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,768

By scotty1223, Recognized Contributor on 7th April 2014, 01:39 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd July 2015, 12:49 PM |#321  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1223

i think it has been tested. look back thru the thread.

best thing to do is find a "firmware.zip" file for your particular variation. this firmware file is frequently pulled from the OTA update package for folks to flash and update their firmware. this zip is not encrypted,and can be unzipped conventionally with 7-zip or other utility. all youll need to do is rezip your stock recovery image with the android info document from this file. you can be locked,but you must be s off for this to work.

That's cool, I'm backed to locked and I'm still s-off. When you say my variation do you mean one that matched my cid or software version?

EDIT : Well I'm not sure whats the problem now, I found the firmware file for my software version, did what you said and it seems to have flashed the stock recovery (when i go into recovery now it shows up red triangle with !) booted my phone up and disabled SU and downloaded the OTA update, but it gets about 3/4 of the way through and comes up with red triangle !......... feel like im fighting a loosing battle at the moment. this is the 3rd days of trying to get this sorted

EDIT : Tried again and the bar goes all the way to install.....phone has restarted and android is now upgrading.... fingers crossed
Last edited by olie3146; 22nd July 2015 at 01:59 PM.

22nd July 2015, 01:57 PM |#322  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by olie3146

That's cool, I'm backed to locked and I'm still s-off. When you say my variation do you mean one that matched my cid or software version?

EDIT : Well I'm not sure whats the problem now, I found the firmware file for my software version, did what you said and it seems to have flashed the stock recovery (when i go into recovery now it shows up red triangle with !) booted my phone up and disabled SU and downloaded the OTA update, but it gets about 3/4 of the way through and comes up with red triangle !......... feel like im fighting a loosing battle at the moment. this is the 3rd days of trying to get this sorted

You probably are using the wrong stock recovery. They're not all exactly the same, and it is probably failing some sort of checksum or security check. The best thing would be to run a full, signed ruu, even if it is old. Second best thing would be to find a firmware.zip that updates to the build(ie matches your software build number) you are currently on, and has not been modified. It will install the correct stock recovery.

Sent from my HTC One
22nd July 2015, 02:00 PM |#323  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1223

You probably are using the wrong stock recovery. They're not all exactly the same, and it is probably failing some sort of checksum or security check. The best thing would be to run a full, signed ruu, even if it is old. Second best thing would be to find a firmware.zip that updates to the build(ie matches your software build number) you are currently on, and has not been modified. It will install the correct stock recovery.

Sent from my HTC One

Thanks for replying again scotty, I just edited my post again, I don't think I had disabled SU, once I did that the update went through and now its initializing.... so fingers crossed that's me back to complete stock (bar setting it to S-ON)
23rd July 2015, 01:07 PM |#324  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by olie3146

Thanks for replying again scotty, I just edited my post again, I don't think I had disabled SU, once I did that the update went through and now its initializing.... so fingers crossed that's me back to complete stock (bar setting it to S-ON)

Awesome. Glad you are sorted

Sent from my HTC One
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread