FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[Q] How to remove China Unicom bloatware and Google Play Store block

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By acewilborne, Junior Member on 27th January 2014, 11:00 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I recently bought a new phone, which is the Samsung Galaxy Fame Duos GT-S6812i. I'm the kind of person to actually play with his smartphone, so I tried updating my version. But updating my phone resulted in having a Chinese version (the only update) from China Unicom. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of chinese apps. I rooted my phone and I was able to remove most of them, but I just CAN NOT use Google Play.

Can anyone help me out removing the block

P.S: I also wish to have the China Unicom boot animation removed and the official Samsung boot animation back

28th January 2014, 10:57 AM |#2  
Flag Karnal
Thanks Meter: 22

More
just flash stock firmware using odin....
28th January 2014, 01:37 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acewilborne

I recently bought a new phone, which is the Samsung Galaxy Fame Duos GT-S6812i. I'm the kind of person to actually play with his smartphone, so I tried updating my version. But updating my phone resulted in having a Chinese version (the only update) from China Unicom. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of chinese apps. I rooted my phone and I was able to remove most of them, but I just CAN NOT use Google Play.

P.S: I also wish to have the China Unicom boot animation removed and the official Samsung boot animation back

hi,

for restalling original bootanimation use this xda thread..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2063280

or you can change with this method...

"hongkiat.com/blog/change-android-boot-animation/"

or use thsi application from play store "Boot Animations ★ root"

---rkk
30th January 2014, 04:08 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I had something like this from Japan. Problem is that unless there is a full root and unlock you are stuck with the rom. You can get full or soft root and use TB to freeze some apps and see what remains stable. You probably won't be able to freeze or uninstall all of the apps.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
18th May 2014, 02:15 PM |#5  

More
Quote:

and resolvistes about your phone just happened to me and wanted to know what did you do your
19th May 2014, 05:45 PM |#6  

More
Nee a Help
I need help too. I need the stock firmware can someone provide?
23rd June 2014, 11:40 PM |#7  
Flag Dubai

More
Thumbs up Same Issue
Same Model and Same Issue I am facing. I have done many experiments but i am unable to get rid of Chinese apps, except i force stop them.

Secondly I finally got able to install many of the apps using app search tool but still my Google Play Store is not working and i am again and again getting message that unfortunately Google play services stopped working. Hangout is unable to signin. Gmail, Maps, Youtube are working. Google Plus is not getting installed. Also there i couldn't find any option to have Google Contacts Sync in it.

If anyone can help to resolve this issue, i will be really grateful.
23rd July 2015, 02:55 PM |#8  

More
Phone I have got the same problems as yours
Quote:

I have the same problem as yours on galaxy I9082. I tried to flash many ROMs via odin, cwm, trwp rooted my phone but nothing seems to work. the installation always fails. I am fed up with this chinese version and apps. please if you find a solution to this get me some help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread