[APP][4.0.3+ & GB][XPOSED] NotifyClean

Search This thread

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
Yeah I understand it's not a regular notification but I think it must be coming from the system in some way as the message for any app crashing is always the same.

"Unfortunately XXXXXXXX has stopped."

And like I said many custom roms have an option in developer options to not show force close notifications for all apps. I was just hoping there was some way to port that ability to your app.

Yes, should be by Android System, but it's not an android-notification, it just notificates you about the FC :D
There is a Xposed module called "Cracker" which catches details about crashes

Reactions: Reechings

Reechings

Jan 22, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yes, should be by Android System, but it's not an android-notification, it just notificates you about the FC :D
There is a Xposed module called "Cracker" which catches details about crashes
Thanks for that app, it did catch the details of the crash. Now how do I fix it ???

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unchecked exception running task: a[Play TTS data]
at com.google.android.apps.gsa.shared.util.c.a.p.g(TaskRunnerFutureTask.java:143)
at com.google.android.apps.gsa.shared.util.c.a.p.akD(TaskRunnerFutureTask.java:124)
at com.google.android.apps.gsa.shared.util.c.a.p.done(TaskRunnerFutureTask.java:112)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.finishCompletion(FutureTask.java)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(FutureTask.java)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)
at com.google.android.apps.gsa.shared.util.c.a.l$1.run(GsaThreadFactory.java:99)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot initialize Visualizer engine, error: -4
at android.media.audiofx.Visualizer.<init>(Visualizer.java)
at com.google.android.apps.gsa.m.a.a.anO(AbstractPlayer.java:124)
at com.google.android.apps.gsa.m.a.a$1.run(AbstractPlayer.java:65)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)
at com.google.android.apps.gsa.shared.util.c.a.l$1.run(GsaThreadFactory.java:99)

Looki75

Apr 1, 2010
Since version 3.0, yes
You could test with system notifications: Android is then not terminated :D

@defim

Yet another question, still about notifications.
If I go into an app's settings and uncheck the "Show notifications" box, would the system/app know that the notification is not posted and then make this app killable?

Or basically doing that is relying on the exact same principle used in Notify Clean?

Don't get me wrong, I know NC is doing way more than just that (filters, taskers, etc...).
But revoking notifications in system's settings is it the same than "block all notifications, even unknown" in NC?

Thanks

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
@defim

Yet another question, still about notifications.
If I go into an app's settings and uncheck the "Show notifications" box, would the system/app know that the notification is not posted and then make this app killable?

Or basically doing that is relying on the exact same principle used in Notify Clean?

Don't get me wrong, I know NC is doing way more than just that (filters, taskers, etc...).
But revoking notifications in system's settings is it the same than "block all notifications, even unknown" in NC?

Thanks

I dont know, never used it :D
But its known Google got many "inspirations" by different Xposed modules...

Reactions: Looki75

Looki75

Apr 1, 2010
The incorrect format in notifications reported in this thread
Ok, thanks.

I have a feature request.

Could you add an option to "Force notifications in NON-expanded format (collapsed)"?

And another one to have "Collapsed notifications by default"?

Thanks for considering!

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
Ok, thanks.

I have a feature request.

Could you add an option to "Force notifications in NON-expanded format (collapsed)"?

And another one to have "Collapsed notifications by default"?

Thanks for considering!

This is Android default. Maybe you dont like the default expanded state of the notification with the highest priority/1st in list?
You could set with NC notifications of other apps very high, so so other is not on top and gets not expanded...

Looki75

Apr 1, 2010
This is Android default. Maybe you dont like the default expanded state of the notification with the highest priority/1st in list?
You could set with NC notifications of other apps very high, so so other is not on top and gets not expanded...

Yep, but the notification I want to control doesn't react to anything I try...
It is TuneIn Radio (free or pro doesn't matter).

I cannot change the notification priority for some reason.
So it always appear on the top with expanded state... a HUGE notification that eats up half of my notification screen...

Can you look into that?

Thanks

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
@Looki75: I tried TuneIn, and NC does not work good with it... with Android 5. Before all options are working
Seems i have to dig some Lollipop sources...
TuneIn Radio also does some special things on Lollipop, like the notifications is at top but has no status bar icon

Looki75

Apr 1, 2010
@Looki75: I tried TuneIn, and NC does not work good with it... with Android 5. Before all options are working
Seems i have to dig some Lollipop sources...
TuneIn Radio also does some special things on Lollipop, like the notifications is at top but has no status bar icon

Yes it's weird...
If you could solve that, it would be fantastic!

Thanks!

cramu

Mar 12, 2012
Berlin
The text box below the enable-dark-notification-theme checkbox

But this changes the background color for all apps notifications, right?
I hoped there was a way to change the color on per-app basis.

However, I disabled dark notifications completely since almost every lockscreen notification was black text on dark background, even those that looked fine in the notification shade.

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
@cramu

No, there is no package name available, i can only detect the type (normal / customized). The problem are also to colors of texts and pictures (eg "play" button etc) of customized ones. So the best way is to ask the app developers for a option of a dark notification. Btw Bubbleupnp added such one for Lollipop

About notifications on lockscreen i cant tell anything - i've disabled it since installed Lollipop :D So it seems the text color is original. I like it much more to have a old status bar (option is in NotifiClean to enable) to check new things...

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
However, I disabled dark notifications completely since almost every lockscreen notification was black text on dark background, even those that looked fine in the notification shade.

I enabled & tested lockscreen notifications on my device, but with "dark notification" option enabled, they looked as expected. Maybe you have TouchWiz rom or something?

theoverseer

Dec 13, 2008
Hi defim,

I upgraded today to the donate version, but I'm having real trouble with the Regex settings. In Twitter I want to hide any "Sending Tweet..." notification. I've tried lots of combinations, but can't figure it out.

Any advice?

EDIT: Figured it out. Needed backslashes between the periods

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cleans up the notification area, and much more

You could configure which apps are allowed to create notifications in the top left area, the notification area. If an app creates a notification it will be collected and added to the list.
    You could deny all notifications of an app or only specific messages - if it's not a customized notification. So I used it to hide "waiting for connection", but not "you are connected".
    Changed settings are applied after a reboot!
    With a donation you supports this app and get more options.

Important:
    This app needs the Xposed Framework. The framework requires root access for installation. Don't forget to enable the module in Xposed. You can grab it here: Xposed Installer

Donation:
    • No self-promotion in the app.
    • Per app: Hide icon in status bar (collapsed notification area)
    • Per app: Show notification expanded by default (API>15)
    • Per app: Order of notifications (move up/down in the list)
    • Per app: Move to bottom of the list and hide the icon in the status bar
    • Per app: Deny full screen notifications
    • Per app: No floating-in (ticker) text in status bar
    • Per app: Disable LED
    • Per app: Disable vibration
    • Per app: Disable sound
    • Per app: Set notification as removable (ongoing), but also removes "service bit"
    • Per app: Remove a notification if a newly created was denied (remove updated)
    • Per app: Regex pattern matching
    • Per app: Tasker support
    • Clear unblocked notifications for all apps
    • Show all apps, even without notifications yet
    • You support this app and further development!

Play Store: http://tinyurl.com/mfcd47f
    Xposed Repository: http://tinyurl.com/kyaeolu
    Changelog: http://tinyurl.com/kuufkod

Why this app? I liked this function of LBE, but i wante to remove LBE :)

Translation:
    You could find here a interface to translate the english strings: http://tinyurl.com/okycacj
    A free account of www.oneskyapp.com is required to edit. Additional, please attach your email address or send it via PM ;)
    Yes, Nougat support ist still planned and Oreo and for the other apps....
    Soryy, not had much time yet to finish Nougat support for NotifyClean. In this area Google changes always much. but you'll see the update when ist done :cowboy:
    Feature of next version: context menu with name of the app created the notification, options to open the app created the notification, original app-details & open NotifyClean highlighting the app created the notification
    Hey guys - I reached out to @defim and offered to redo the logo for this great xposed mod. He asked me to post here for feedback. I recommended not using #FF0000 and #0000FF on top of eachother, because they look harsh, in my opinion. The goal here was to soften it up and give it a more modern feel. While using less saturated colors, I tried to stick to using a complimentary-ish scheme.

Open to your feedback!

NotifyClean_Icon_512.png

2 more

Notification-Clean_SoloIcon512.png

Mockup
    NotifyClean_Mockup.png