FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[Q] SCH-i605 (Note 2) 4.4.2 update and still root?

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
28th September 2014, 05:41 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Rooted Baby!
I had to root with GhettoRoot 3.0 failed then I used GhettoRoot by networking pro and it worked!!! Woot!
The Following User Says Thank You to harlemdragon For This Useful Post: [ View ]

18th December 2014, 02:19 PM |#102  
Flag Vadodara
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Go For SRS Root.. It also supports this version. Easy method
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vipsy6 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st December 2014, 12:37 AM |#103  

More
Root solution for VZW galaxy note 2 SCH-i605
Hi, as i'm new in the XDA community i want to share what i did in order to get
my verizon galaxy note 2 rooted. I was looking around the web and i found a very useful
tool to get root access in this specific model; GHETTOROOT is a powerful tool to get superSU in galaxy note 2. Just try it as i did. It worked for me and now i'm trying to have CWM recovery installed and remove the knox. I hope this help to those who want to get root in this device.
31st December 2014, 12:48 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdikal23

Hi, as i'm new in the XDA community i want to share what i did in order to get
my verizon galaxy note 2 rooted. I was looking around the web and i found a very useful
tool to get root access in this specific model; GHETTOROOT is a powerful tool to get superSU in galaxy note 2. Just try it as i did. It worked for me and now i'm trying to have CWM recovery installed and remove the knox. I hope this help to those who want to get root in this device.

You will not be able to install CWM recovery because the bootloader is locked on 4.4.2. You should do a search for Safestrap if you're wanting to put a modified recovery on your rooted 4.4.2 Verizon Note 2.
27th May 2015, 01:30 AM |#105  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnmag

You will not be able to install CWM recovery because the bootloader is locked on 4.4.2. You should do a search for Safestrap if you're wanting to put a modified recovery on your rooted 4.4.2 Verizon Note 2.

Could you guide me where to find directions on how to unlock the bootloader? I'm running a i605vrufnd7
16th June 2015, 01:17 AM |#106  
Flag Great Neck, NY
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlemdragon

I had to root with GhettoRoot 3.0 failed then I used GhettoRoot by networking pro and it worked!!! Woot!

this worked for me after 3.02 ghetto failed to work, thanks a mill
20th June 2015, 04:11 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdude22

Could you guide me where to find directions on how to unlock the bootloader? I'm running a i605vrufnd7

At present, there's no way to unlock the bootloader on 4.4.2. It looks unlikely that there will ever be a way to unlock the bootloader, but you never know.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattnmag For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2015, 11:23 PM |#108  
Flag Vernon Hills

More
Found
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkobella

I have been searching all over to find any information on this new kitkat update for the Note 2. I haven't found much. I think the main thing I found was Knox 2.0 or whatever. Is it possible, or is anyone working on a way to at least get root back on here? I didn't do the update yet, but it's bugging me. I would like kitkat and I like this phone, but samsung/verizon locking this thing down is driving me nuts. To the point that I want to sell this phone. So yeah, is anyone aware of any information on the 4.4.2 update and the possibilities to root it at least. I don't even care to install ROMS.

After the month of looking I HAVE FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Refer you t u b e . c o m /watch?v=E3ze5jSaH8c
NOTE: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL RECOVERY, LEARNED IT THE HARD WAY!!!!!
ROM 4.4.2: s a m m o b i l e . c o m /firmwares/download/30950/I605VRUFND7_I605VZWFND7_VZW/
USER tylor959
PASS tylor4402
<Spaces in links>
Please Support me by upgradeing me to pro or gold
Thank You >HAKA TYLOR959<
Last edited by tylorert; 23rd July 2015 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Support
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread