FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod nightly build for the hltespr

874 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,672

By noobnl, Recognized Developer on 6th January 2014, 09:41 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th June 2015, 01:43 AM |#1731  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Love it. Just flashed this using TWRP 2.8.5.0 using Slim mini gapps beta 5.0.build.x.o-20150617. Works great!! If it stays stable, this will be my daily driver. Here's a link to download the gapps. They have been updated but still work fine. http://209.95.39.164/Gapps/Lollipop/5.0/

27th June 2015, 05:31 PM |#1732  
Flag Mabelvale, AR
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Great Rom
I tried another CM ROM (won't say which one) and. while it was a good one. there were a couple of things that did not work, I decided to try this one and everything works great, Very happy with it. I do have a quick question and hope that someone knows the answer. I do not have any WiFi or internet at my house. I use my phone for everything. I use a lot of data and have since I got the phone. Since flashing this ROM I have been using the hotspot some. I am just trying to find out if the carrier knows the hotspot is being used without paying their fees or not. I have heard some say they can tell if you use large amounts of data but I always have. I do not plan to use it all the time but I do not see the big deal since I have unlimited data and what is the difference between using it on the phone or the laptop,
I have searched through forums as well as possible and have seen several different answers but wanted to ask here. Thanks for your help and kep up the great work!!
27th June 2015, 06:56 PM |#1733  
Flag Englewood, FL
Thanks Meter: 769

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karier13

I tried another CM ROM (won't say which one) and. while it was a good one. there were a couple of things that did not work, I decided to try this one and everything works great, Very happy with it. I do have a quick question and hope that someone knows the answer. I do not have any WiFi or internet at my house. I use my phone for everything. I use a lot of data and have since I got the phone. Since flashing this ROM I have been using the hotspot some. I am just trying to find out if the carrier knows the hotspot is being used without paying their fees or not. I have heard some say they can tell if you use large amounts of data but I always have. I do not plan to use it all the time but I do not see the big deal since I have unlimited data and what is the difference between using it on the phone or the laptop,
I have searched through forums as well as possible and have seen several different answers but wanted to ask here. Thanks for your help and kep up the great work!!

I think a lot of it depends on how much data you are using. If your using enough to be in the top few percent of heavy data users you may run into problems. I'm pretty sure they can see if your tethering if they look hard but you'd need to set off a red flag of sorts by using a ton of data for sprint to actually check. Out of curiosity how much data are you using monthly. I personally use about 10gb without tethering and went on a trip last month and used around 25gb tethering. Didn't cause any issues on my end but I'd be worried if I used that much every month with tethering. Another thing is sprint doesent even offer tethering on unlimited plans. Well they do but your tethering data is limited to like 5gb or something I think.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to GavinMazey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th June 2015, 05:04 AM |#1734  
Flag Mabelvale, AR
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Great Rom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinMazey

I think a lot of it depends on how much data you are using. If your using enough to be in the top few percent of heavy data users you may run into problems. I'm pretty sure they can see if your tethering if they look hard but you'd need to set off a red flag of sorts by using a ton of data for sprint to actually check. Out of curiosity how much data are you using monthly. I personally use about 10gb without tethering and went on a trip last month and used around 25gb tethering. Didn't cause any issues on my end but I'd be worried if I used that much every month with tethering. Another thing is sprint doesent even offer tethering on unlimited plans. Well they do but your tethering data is limited to like 5gb or something I think.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I average 15 GB a month. That is a lot but you have to understand that I do not have internet at home or at work. I do go to the library when i can and use their WiFi but theirs is so slow I can barely download anything. My 3G is faster. I don't listen to streaming music but I do download audio books from the library. I don't think Sprint would pay much attention since it is normal for me to have high data usage. If I can ever get WiFi at home I will be able to stop.
The Following User Says Thank You to karier13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2015, 03:00 AM |#1735  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
how do you get gesture typing and voice to text to work in the stock messaging app. gesture typing is selected and still doesnt work. theres no microphone for voice to text
21st July 2015, 06:16 PM |#1736  
Thanks Meter: 356

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karier13

I have averaged 26 gigs of data a month routinely without issue. I use the hotspot plenty and have never had an issue. YMMV and all that.
The Following User Says Thank You to GAPO For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2015, 01:58 PM |#1737  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
no help?
24th July 2015, 01:45 AM |#1738  
Flag Englewood, FL
Thanks Meter: 769

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mta1981

no help?

The gesture typing and voice are tied to the keyboard. Depending on what gapps you installed you may have either aosp or Google keyboard. If its aosp then you should try and install Google keyboard and see if you can use voice and gestures there. If not I highly recommend swiftkey its my fav keyboard and is free so no reason not to.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to GavinMazey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread