FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

Removing S Finder and Quick connect from Notification Panel?

143 posts
Thanks Meter: 37

By CitrixLemon, Senior Member on 12th April 2014, 01:56 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
23rd May 2015, 02:22 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 257

More
Delete
Last edited by charlypaez; 24th May 2015 at 12:31 AM.

5th June 2015, 08:37 AM |#72  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 307

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CronKz

Hello, this thread might be outdated but for me it was a current topic and i didn't want do open a new thread. So I just found this tutorial.
1. You need a rooted device and a Root Explorer (Make sure you have Read/Write permissions enabled.
2. Browse to the root folder from there to the system folder.
3. Make a Backup of the "build.prop" file - just in case...
4. Edit the file with a Text Editor and search for the line "ro.product.name="
5. Now if there is like for example "jfltexx" edit the name until "XXXlte" -> delete everything that's behind "lte"
6. Add "vzw" or "att" behind "lte" -> for example "jfltevzw" and save the file.
7. Now reboot and it's done!

Source:
gs6[dot]wonderhowto[dot]com/how-to/remove-s-finder-quick-connect-buttons-from-your-galaxy-s6s-notification-panel-0161738/
This should work on every android 5.0+ device (didn't test it out)

Hope I could help you guys out Worked fine for me

*ALL TESTING DONE ON 900F ALEXANDRS DEVBASE BOE3 (NOT BOE5)*
*the issues I am having might be firmware dependent*

Changed mine to vzw and it worked, but.. It also changed the 4G icon to a 4GLTE icon, it changed the brightness bar so that it can't be changed while in auto mode, the wifi hotspot icon is also changed. And systemui crashes on boot and everytime I run an app in landscape mode.. The taskmanager/clear all apps icons in recents are changed to text. Gonna try changing to att now

EDIT: Tried changing to att and the 4GLTE and WiFi hotspot icons changed again. The 4GLTE icon is a new one and the hotspot icon is the same as the standard 900F icon. Also, att forces the operator name to be shown in statusbar. SystemUI crashes on boot just like with vzw BUT that's the only time it crashes, unlike vzw where SystemUI crashes in landscape mode too.

EDIT#2: So, after changing to vzw then att then vzw and then att again, att crashes in landscape mode too. I guess it's an odex/kernel issue, because I've wiped cache & dalvik but it persists.

EDIT#3: here's a screenshot of the systemUI crash because of landscape mode / rotation.

EDIT#4: vzw works perfect without any issues on Sixperience 3.0. Pic attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vzw1.png
Views:	186
Size:	233.6 KB
ID:	3348926   Click image for larger version

Name:	vzw2.png
Views:	188
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	3348927   Click image for larger version

Name:	att1.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	3348929   Click image for larger version

Name:	att2.png
Views:	174
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	3348930   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-06-05-12-53-13.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	3349149   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-06-05-13-41-49.png
Views:	160
Size:	203.5 KB
ID:	3349184  
Last edited by lingowistico; 5th June 2015 at 12:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to lingowistico For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2015, 02:56 PM |#73  
Cheriton
Thanks Meter: 44

More
The above method does work, but being on the VZW (verizon) breaks 2G/EDGE connectivity. Going into More Networks under setting shows it changed the phone to cdma mode, but works fine as long as there is LTE coverage.
5th June 2015, 04:55 PM |#74  
Flag Stockholm

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by esjames

The above method does work, but being on the VZW (verizon) breaks 2G/EDGE connectivity. Going into More Networks under setting shows it changed the phone to cdma mode, but works fine as long as there is LTE coverage.

What rom / firmware version are you on?
5th June 2015, 05:32 PM |#75  
Cheriton
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Let me correct myself for a bit, I did this all on android 4.4.2. I just tried it out on 5.0. The s-finder and quick connect goes away (cool!), but the settings still show settings for CDMA select (no biggie for me).

Stock - G900TUVU1DOB1 provided by TheSickness.

Same baseband/firmware/modem.
The Following User Says Thank You to esjames For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2015, 08:55 PM |#76  
Flag Stockholm

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by esjames

Let me correct myself for a bit, I did this all on android 4.4.2. I just tried it out on 5.0. The s-finder and quick connect goes away (cool!), but the settings still show settings for CDMA select (no biggie for me).

Stock - G900TUVU1DOB1 provided by TheSickness.

Same baseband/firmware/modem.

Interesting, on alexandrs BOE3 devbase it seems to be causing rotation to fc systemui. Could be something I'm doing, but I doubt it. Try changing to att instead. AT&T is a gsm carrier.
Like @CronKz said, they both work.
Last edited by lingowistico; 5th June 2015 at 08:57 PM.
12th June 2015, 02:04 PM |#77  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
ro.product.name=......vzw worked for me, i got a dual sim chinese version of galaxy s4 with stock 5.0.1 firmware

update.
it works but it has side effects.
1. the symbols H, H+, G, 3G,E do not appear any more
2. the brightness adjustment is missing the "adjustable auto" mode.
Last edited by sasiskas; 13th June 2015 at 11:49 AM.
15th July 2015, 02:23 PM |#78  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Tried both 'vzw' and 'att' on my SM-N910C using T-Mobile and stock ROM (nothing changed beyond rooting). ro.product.name was "treltexx"; I deleted and replaced the "xx". In both cases, while the S-Finder and Quick Connect both did go away, I also lost cellular connectivity entirely - any time I tried to go to any mobile networks I'd get a (paraphrasing slightly) "Insert SIM card to access network settings" message. So I think I'm just going to live with their presence for now.
25th July 2015, 02:35 AM |#79  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Exclamation Please Help, Stock G900T Files Needed ASAP!
I tried moving the files as described on page 2 & 3 of this thread with my T-Mobile Galaxy S5 (G900T) Lollipop 5.0 and now I'm getting repeated error messages saying "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped." flashing up that are almost completely preventing me from doing anything. Unfortunately I made a very noob mistake and forgot to back up the stock SystemUI.apk and SystemUI.odex.xz files. I desperately need someone to please attach the original stock SystemUI.apk and SystemUI.odex.xz files for the G900T to this thread ASAP so I can fix my mistake. I already tried the stock files posted on page 5 of this thread but they must be for a different model because the phone is still having the same problem. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

EDIT: Ok so I found what sounds like the stock SystemUI.apk file included with the ROM on the thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2732110 and what I think is the stock SystemUI.odex file (although it seems to be missing the ".xz" after the odex extension). I replaced the files currently on the phone with those new ones but was still getting the same error message. I think I forgot to mention that I also lost the notification bar/panel and the background/wallpaper is completely black. I've tried rebooting the device and sometimes it gets stuck in either “Android is upgrading…” or “Starting apps.” and I have to pull the battery to shut it off. I went ahead and cleared the cash partition and used ODIN to reflash the CF-Auto-Root https://download.chainfire.eu/407/CF...mo-smg900t.zip but am still having the same problems. I’ve learned my lesson to not play in the realm of the Gods so please, can anybody tell me what to do to fix my phone?

EDIT: I tried rebooting into Safe Mode and the error message came up twice then stopped appearing. When I rebooted in normal mode the error message again came up twice then stopped. The background is still black, no notification bar/panel, no swipe to unlock. This looks like a firmware issue to me but I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t really know what I’m doing. Where do I go from here? Am I going to have to do a full factory reset and try to start all over or is there an easier way to fix this? If I have to do a factory reset is there a way to backup my apps and app settings/data first so I don’t have to reinstall everything and try to remember how I had all the settings? Thanks.

EDIT: When accessing Application Manager from Settings I get ”Unfortunately, Package Access Helper has stopped”.

EDIT: I finally figured it out. I performed two hard factory resets and was still having the problem. So then I used Oden to flash the original stock Bootloder, Modem, Kernal, and Recovery individually from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmob.../odin-t3038413, but was still having the problem. Finally I flashed the whole firmware package with Odin from the same thread and it seems to have finally fixed the problem.
Last edited by evenstill; 25th July 2015 at 07:40 AM. Reason: New Information
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread